Categories

2»

Still no words on Withering fire?

Location the universePosts: 439 Amazing
edited March 15

easy bug to fix remove the attacks per second and make it a cd power firing all 10 charges

@zWolfiez said:
Howdy folks, your friendly neighborhood bug hunter here.

Apologies for not getting to this sooner, but I'm still in the midst of collecting and filing the backlog of bugs that have gone unanswered for so long. I just recently caught wind of this defect, but haven't had time to really dive into it and figure out the cause.

For those of you who don't frequent the bug boards, I encourage you to read my announcement there. When I'm on the boards and not working on our internal bug list, most of my time is spent there. It's hard for me to go through each individual hero forum and comb through thread looking for bugs.

Your cooperation is much appreciated.

@zWolfiez
If you are trying to get a list of long lasting bugs id suggest posting a subject on the main general tab. There are several people who have kept logs that im sure would be happy to post them for you in a singular location.

Location Wandering the left hand pathPosts: 4,839 Cosmic

@zWolfiez said:
Howdy folks. Quick update.

The solution I wanted to do would require much more time than I have right now, so for now I've created a simple fix that I feel is a good compromise. In order to keep the rapid fire effect, I'm going to slow down the attack speed and adjust the damage accordingly. This won't necessarily fix it breaking at high attack speeds, just make it harder to reach that speed.

I hope to get this into the next TC so you guys can try it and see how it feels. For now, I'm going to close this thread. Feel free to tag/message me once you've gotten to test it and we can work together to find a place everyone can be happy with.

Why cant it be redesigned and work similar to Daggers of Daveroth? Just a simple attack that fires all the projectiles at once. It is also a charge based attack but it forces all of them to be used at once without requiring an attacks/sec affix.

Location If you think Becky was a whora and deserved it, I won't hold it against you.Posts: 8,159 Cosmic

@zWolfiez said:
Howdy folks. Quick update.

The solution I wanted to do would require much more time than I have right now, so for now I've created a simple fix that I feel is a good compromise. In order to keep the rapid fire effect, I'm going to slow down the attack speed and adjust the damage accordingly. This won't necessarily fix it breaking at high attack speeds, just make it harder to reach that speed.

I hope to get this into the next TC so you guys can try it and see how it feels. For now, I'm going to close this thread. Feel free to tag/message me once you've gotten to test it and we can work together to find a place everyone can be happy with.

Can I at least hear the solution you wanted to do?

check the tweets for insight https://twitter.com/FatZackMorris

Pro FounderLocation Guarding the GalaxyPosts: 1,022 Fantastic

This is a really great compromise and a situation to learn from. The system has limitations, and design needs to fall within those limitations. Things like animation times and amount of damage packets in a given time period are not things that can scale to infinity.

@zWolfiez

There are many projectile animations in the game where the entire sequence repeats over and over as the skill/key is held down. (example; Loki shooting from his staff) As the attack speed increases the animation is being sped up, looking quite silly. It would make much for sense for the start and end animation frames to only play on key press and release. Please consider a change to this sort of thing for optimization and immersion. Thanks!

2»
This discussion has been closed.