Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are up and running. Thank you for your patience.

Still no words on Withering fire?

Location Divided we fallPosts: 1,458 Fantastic

Have devs mentioned about fixing the withering fire's charges bug? This bug is so annoying.

I know what you mean. Played him today and after reaching lvl 44 the bug started. It is" really " annoying.

edited February 25

2 patches already, still no words from dev.
It's difficult to play him until the bug is fixed.

Location With the people under the stairsPosts: 255 Amazing

I expect nothing from the Dev team anymore.

Angela always have updates and bug fixes for every patch.

Angela>Rest of the Characters>Winter Soldier

Location 3 fingers of scotch and 3 fingers in my ****Posts: 7,362 Cosmic

The word on withering fire is that it should be removed and replaced. Not trying to be a deek, but that power has literally never worked correctly

edited March 2

@wotrick said:
The word on withering fire is that it should be removed and replaced. Not trying to be a deek, but that power has literally never worked correctly

I couldn't fit it in my rotation before the update, but after the update, I was able to fit it in, but it's bugged. So as long as they replaced it with a gun skill, I'm good with it.

Location EverywherePosts: 1,096 Fantastic

@wotrick said:

is there any work around to unbug him? or once the power is bugged there is nothing you can do?

@ENcounterz said:

@wotrick said:

is there any work around to unbug him? or once the power is bugged there is nothing you can do?

So far the solution is to decrease your attack speed below 45% I think.

@ENcounterz said:

@Kimvilla said:

So far the solution is to decrease your attack speed below 45% I think.

The solution is to continue to gear for attack speed and weave Withering Fire with whatever spender you are using (3RB hopefully). Basically, hold down your spender key and rapidly tap Withering Fire.

Sentinel of LibertyPosts: 1,793 Cosmic

Withering fire can't animate past 20 attacks per sec, if you reduce your attack speed and get the tooltip to like 19.9 attacks per sec, it will fire correctly, but it's pretty easy with just normal gear to go past.

This has been bugged since the BUE launch and noted in the BUE TC feedback by testers, nothing was ever changed, nor anything else about Bucky ever really looked at.

It was like the 2nd or 3rd attempt to try to make Withering fire happen as a skill, and the last attempt just plain out broke the skill, it was never fixed/replaced despite much feedback from testers suggesting otherwise.

@JamesBarnes said:
Withering fire can't animate past 20 attacks per sec, if you reduce your attack speed and get the tooltip to like 19.9 attacks per sec, it will fire correctly, but it's pretty easy with just normal gear to go past.

This has been bugged since the BUE launch and noted in the BUE TC feedback by testers, nothing was ever changed, nor anything else about Bucky ever really looked at.

It was like the 2nd or 3rd attempt to try to make Withering fire happen as a skill, and the last attempt just plain out broke the skill, it was never fixed/replaced despite much feedback from testers suggesting otherwise.

After BUE, I finally find a way to put withering fire in my rotation, but.... Dang!

Withering Fire is the most ridiculous bug currently. I can't think of another power that's quite literally "unusable".
It amazes that it it has gone untouched for this long.
I 2nd wotrick...it needs to just be removed at this point..
Slap in the face to WS players.

@zWolfiez I don't mean to be rude, but, were y'all ever going to do anything about this?

Sentinel of LibertyPosts: 1,793 Cosmic

@zWolfiez said:
Howdy folks, your friendly neighborhood bug hunter here.

Apologies for not getting to this sooner, but I'm still in the midst of collecting and filing the backlog of bugs that have gone unanswered for so long. I just recently caught wind of this defect, but haven't had time to really dive into it and figure out the cause.

For those of you who don't frequent the bug boards, I encourage you to read my announcement there. When I'm on the boards and not working on our internal bug list, most of my time is spent there. It's hard for me to go through each individual hero forum and comb through thread looking for bugs.

Your cooperation is much appreciated.

It shows it was "Filed" 2/16 already, and it the hero bug thread on it closed. When we see bugs that apparently have been marked filed, how are we supposed to know whether or not to keep bringing it up? that just becomes spammy then

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/313641/filed-winter-soldier-withering-fire-doesnt-shoot-automatically-each-charge#latest

This bug is a result of trying to rush a fix to Withering Fire just before the BUE was released. It was bugged since inception, I noted it's behavior way back in the BUE TC before release. The power simply cannot animate past 20 attacks per second. Take off all your attack speed and the power will fire, if you even have a bit of attack spped and get the tooltip on the power to 21+ APS it can only fire manually.

True BelieverPosts: 391 Amazing

@Kimvilla said:
Have devs mentioned about fixing the withering fire's charges bug? This bug is so annoying.

There is a no word of a lot of bugs...

I'm really worried about the comparison bug in uniques, because they will go out soon.......

Location UndisclosedPosts: 163 Incredible

Geezuz, I haven't played WS for a while and I thought this was already fixed.

Location Up On Melancholy HillPosts: 1,457 Fantastic

@zWolfiez said:

Apologies for not getting to this sooner, but I'm still in the midst of collecting and filing the backlog of bugs that have gone unanswered for so long. I just recently caught wind of this defect, but haven't had time to really dive into it and figure out the cause.

For those of you who don't frequent the bug boards, I encourage you to read my announcement there. When I'm on the boards and not working on our internal bug list, most of my time is spent there. It's hard for me to go through each individual hero forum and comb through thread looking for bugs.

Just wanted to plant this thought into your mind.

For a long time now we the players have dealt with various persisting bugs..
some recent, some old, each of us I'm sure has some we dislike and question greatly.
We might feel angry our feedback our reports often times falls to deaf ears or gets sidelined for something else. The tone some take onto you, the onslaught of reports and the spotty at best as in ME and some others descriptions to tackle them can be a chore to some Devs.

That being said, again you are doing an awesome job if anything for taking on such a task for work or for the games sake. Thank you for trying, thank for for succeeding and trying to understand things you might not be as comfy with systems wise. Thank you @zWolfiez really just for being awesome the vocal bits and posts you and others do count immensely to some just as much as fixing this or that bug. Give it time I'd like to see your cause pick up traction and right lots of wrongs. Only time will tell but I'm still hopeful!

good luck to you! for all the low points and high points along that you will face trying to tackle all these bugs. I'm sure you will overcome each one you put your mind to and be stronger for it.

-thx

@zWolfiez said:

Glad to know that it was heard by devs. As for now, I just need to find a way to ignore the skill until it is fixed.
Thank for replying.

This discussion has been closed.