Categories

Please, please fix the Doom fight

AsgardianLocation FloridaPosts: 225 Amazing
edited February 15

The Dr. Doom fight has always been a buggy mess but it wasn't that big a deal pre-BUE because even with the bugs, it was still super easy. Now you guys have ramped the damage up big time which is cool except for the bugs make the fight frustrating as hell now. Don't get me wrong, I love a good challenging fight but the way this terminal is on cosmic is just unfair right now and it's mainly because of bugs such as:

• Stage 2: Doom disappears for his crashdown move and sometimes takes several seconds to reappear. The extended missing Doom time will cause the telegraph mark to disappear which sometimes leads to the orange circles forcing you toward the landing area that you're not exactly sure where it is now.
  • Stage 2 & 3: The energy circles on the ground often turn invisible.
  • Stage 2 & 3: The missing areas of the floor often are not visible immediately which can lead to you unknowingly painting yourself into a corner with no dash escape route.
  • Stage 2 & 3: Even once the holes in the floor are visible, they often don't accurately portray which areas can be walked on and which cannot. I've been able to walk over holes and been stopped by solid floor many times.

So those are the big bugs and they've been there for awhile but when combined with the following normal Stage 3 mechanics, it's just not a fair fight:

• Multiple white energy circles that often leave you no safe place to stand
  • Doom's machine gun energy bolt fire
  • Trash mob spawns that block movement
  • Doom porting off and rapidly healing until he's engaged again

So again, these mechanics taken alone are pretty much fine. They add difficulty but there's nothing wrong with something being hard. Combined with the bugs though, it's just maddening unfair. Start with the white circles. I don't know if there's 3 or 4 of them now but they cover a lot of floor, especially considering that about 60-70% of the floor is gone by Stage 3. It used to be no big deal because those white circles didn't hurt much. Now they hurt a great deal and getting stuck on the floor and killed by energy circles (especially invisible ones) just makes you want to punch your monitor. Same goes for the mobs blocking off what little area you have to move through causing you to get machine gunned down or killed by circles. The mobs were ok when you always had access to a dash but now with dash having charges, you don't want to have to waste them dashing through trash mobs that are basically just mobile obstacles.

The fix to this is easy in my opinion. Get rid of the damn holes in the floor in stages 2 & 3. They are the source of the bulk of bugs and issues and they simply are not needed any longer. This fight would be hard on cosmic even if the floor remained intact. At the very least, remove the Doom fight from the daily terminal quest until you can fix it please. I absolutely dread seeing this on my quest list when I log on.

This post got longer than I planned but I wanted to cover everything. TLDR: Fix bugs in the Doom fight and/or remove it from the daily terminal quest rotation until the bugs can be fixed.

"This I grant you. You may tell your grandchildren that, for a time, you stood against The Mighty Thor."

(finally feel like he is worthy of using this awesome line for a sig)

Location LatveriaPosts: 2,940 Cosmic

@discostup said:
To the OP:

Signed, Dr. Doom.

Quoted, Dr. Doom.

important information below...

KNEEL BEFORE DOOM

Tried doing Doom on cosmic last night with my modestly geared Hulk. His offensive stats are lacking but he has 42k effective health. I couldn't finish stage 3 because of all the stuff I mentioned above. I'd get him down to about 2/3 health and he'd port off to heal while I tried to weave my way through the buggy Trash Panda! floor and the circles of death. I finally gave up and finished it with Thor. Lost my full bounty because of that which is extra lame.

"This I grant you. You may tell your grandchildren that, for a time, you stood against The Mighty Thor."

edited February 16

@HatTrick said:
Tried doing Doom on cosmic last night with my modestly geared Hulk. His offensive stats are lacking but he has 42k effective health. I couldn't finish stage 3 because of all the stuff I mentioned above. I'd get him down to about 2/3 health and he'd port off to heal while I tried to weave my way through the buggy Oh.. My stars and garters! floor and the circles of death. I finally gave up and finished it with Thor. Lost my full bounty because of that which is extra lame.

If you make sure your characters are both "saved" at the same terminal difficulty level then you shouldn't reset terms if you swap them

Well, at least this shows how broken unlimited movement is, right?

Now to give bosses same treatment as heroes...

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

@thorindarkheart said:

@HatTrick said:
Tried doing Doom on cosmic last night with my modestly geared Hulk. His offensive stats are lacking but he has 42k effective health. I couldn't finish stage 3 because of all the stuff I mentioned above. I'd get him down to about 2/3 health and he'd port off to heal while I tried to weave my way through the buggy Oh.. My stars and garters! floor and the circles of death. I finally gave up and finished it with Thor. Lost my full bounty because of that which is extra lame.

If you make sure your characters are both "saved" at the same terminal difficulty level then you shouldn't reset terms if you swap them

When I first hit reply I was going to say that the last thing I had done on Thor prior to switching to Hulk was cosmic terminals so he should have been on the same difficulty. Then I remembered that the last thing I had done was Axis 1 shot which doesn't have a cosmic difficulty (which is a whole other issue, red difficulty on that is a joke.) Ugh!

The bigger issue is that even though my Hulk has pretty solid defense (pretty sure his effective health is better than my Thor), because he is pretty much melee only, he couldn't even get close to killing Doom because he can't stay on target long enough. Between the death circles and the machine gun bolts, he gets vaporized so fast I don't even have time to try to find the buggy escape path.

Oh look at that, Doom is on the terminal daily again today. Yay.... >:(

If this is Gaz's idea of a joke, nobody is laughing.

@Blev said:

@HatTrick said:
The bigger issue is that even though my Hulk has pretty solid defense (pretty sure his effective health is better than my Thor), because he is pretty much melee only, he couldn't even get close to killing Doom because he can't stay on target long enough. Between the death circles and the machine gun bolts, he gets vaporized so fast I don't even have time to try to find the buggy escape path.

This fight is pretty bad for melee, in fact it always has been bad for melee with the ground circles and holes in the floor making it extremely difficult mobility wise to get in on Doom without being killed. The only reason it hadn't been a problem prior to the patch was because gearing and Omegas made it such that you could outgear the damage or just flat out murder him with the amount of damage players used to be able to do.

Now Cosmic Doom feels more like he was closer to game launch, which is a problem because while I don't have a problem with difficult fights, it is extremely frustrating not being able to engage a boss due to sections of the floor missing or being covered by the blue circles of death.

You're exactly right. I don't mind difficult fights either, in fact, I love the challenge of a hard fight. I can't stand fights that are just completely unfair to certain builds or archetypes. This fight is one of those currently. It's completely unfair to melees with the bugginess of the floor. Like I said previously, I'd be happy (for now) if it was just removed from the daily shared quest for terminals so I can just not do the damn thing until they fix it.

Location The Xavier Institute, Central ParkPosts: 5,508 Cosmic
edited February 17

Also all of the space rifts need to be removed because it ruins fps. More so than Iceman's Frozen Orb does when spamming it (apparently it's a thing).

Holding out for Havok 2018

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Iceman ranged guide | Captain Marvel ranged guide
Havok playable character suggestion | Polaris playable character suggestion
Nocturne playable character suggestion | Apocalypse playable character suggestion

Location Somewhere doing somethingPosts: 3,265 Cosmic

Eh.... he is pretty easy but...yeah i agree these bugs need to be fixed.

Waiting for Hercules and Jubilee to come.

CovertPosts: 976 Amazing

@MichaelMayhem said:
This is actually already in-progress! Many bosses, including Doom, are undergoing revision for visual clarity, mechanics, and counterplay.

Completely rework phase 2... please!

Suggestions for Fixing Tenacity and CC

Suggestions on Improving Crafting

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Hero Roster 2.x

@MichaelMayhem said:
This is actually already in-progress! Many bosses, including Doom, are undergoing revision for visual clarity, mechanics, and counterplay.

That's great news, glad to hear it! Hope it's not too far down the road.