Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers will be going offline at 6 AM PST for a game update. Downtime is expected to last up to 3 hours.
LAST CHANCE - Fortune Favors You Sale & Variant Costume Availability will end at Noon PST Thursday February 23rd.

[Test Center] Iceman Update (2/22)

Location New YorkPosts: 500 Amazing

@AgentVapor @MichaelMayhem

Any new changes in the 2/16 TC build?

Pro FounderPosts: 4,576 Cosmic
edited February 16

As per the new build I have 2 concerns:

Would it be possible for the Chilling Constructs Talent (sp), the one that gives you a free ice slick on Work of Art placement, to reduce the cooldown of Work of Art by 2 secs?

Reason is, that the free ice slick becomes very useless for Vulnerability application since the effect wears off quite a while before you get Work of Art back. Which encourages an unhealthy amount of power duration stacking just to be able to gain access to what Melee/Ranged do since ice slick is easily available to non-summon builds, otherwise this talents becomes rather lacking due to the most likely unavailability of being able to put the Wall power on your bar (since really, the Wall being destroyed isn't a reliable damage layer).

2nd Rank middle tier is still rather underwhelming vs the other 2 options.

Pro FounderPosts: 4,576 Cosmic

@MichaelMayhem said:
Iceman's changes did not make it in time for this build, sorry. Definitely will be in tomorrow.

Frost Nova did change tho!

@MichaelMayhem said:
Iceman's changes did not make it in time for this build, sorry. Definitely will be in tomorrow.

Would you be able to outline the changes though? And what else is going to be done? Would be much appreciated ^_^

GazillionLocation San Mateo, CAPosts: 1,356 Staff

@Celfix said:

@MichaelMayhem said:

Would you be able to outline the changes though? And what else is going to be done? Would be much appreciated ^_^

Done!

CovertPosts: 2,137 Cosmic

@MichaelMayhem said:
Spike Punch now always critically hits.

new power or devspeak for an existing power?

@wardrb said:

@MichaelMayhem said:
Spike Punch now always critically hits.

new power or devspeak for an existing power?

That is what I am thinking too.. but I think he is referring to the Ranged part of Arctic Wave?

Would it be too much to ask for one more Area power? Either around Icy or shoot at location? I am just not a fan of Work of Art in general.. I would like to see some sort of Ice Storm ability.. Ice shards falling from the sky and what not.. That would probably complete Iceman for me.

@Screwface said:

Snowblower is once again stationary, serving the purpose of a channeled large-area clearing skill for Iceman. The radius of the power has been increased.

Hoping for the size of Damnation for this.

Heh. So basically: "See that side of the screen over there? Yeah, screw all of those guys."

@ClockworkBard said:

@Screwface said:

Snowblower is once again stationary, serving the purpose of a channeled large-area clearing skill for Iceman. The radius of the power has been increased.

Hoping for the size of Damnation for this.

Heh. So basically: "See that side of the screen over there? Yeah, screw all of those guys."

lol precisely

@MichaelMayhem said:

Here's the notes to digest 'till then:

These all sound like a step in the right direction to me. I look forward to testing tomorrow.

Some issues that I envision will still need to be addressed even after these changes:

1. Golem AI
  2. Frozen orb having 2 charges making it awkward in the rotation. Will test this tomorrow though after the new changes.

That's all for now!

MutatedPosts: 53 Mighty
edited February 16

I don't know how the damage is now but here are my thoughts reading these.

1) I never liked Work of Art even when it was his signature. We need an AOE spammable ability

2) Do something with Flash Freeze and Hail Drop Animation :/

3) Maybe have a "flash freeze" ranged aoe? Would that be too overpowered? :/ It would synergize well with Hail Drop

4) I will NEVER use Orb again ( crying here ). I would only use it with the talent but then the damage scales with summoner items... so no orbs at all.

5*) If the damage for Chillblain is ok, ignore this. Otherwise the need for a good chill power would still exist!

Suggestion for the spammable AOE.

• In X-men Legends, I think, he had an ability where he would create Spiky Ice pillars on the ground at a target location, damaging and knocking enemies up in the air. You can remove the knocking part of course and u can use the old ice slick visual but with a smaller pillar than the one appearing in Ice slick.
edited February 16

Actually, I will add something else:

"Hail Drop now Weakens enemies by default, and functions with the Avalanche talent."

At first I thought this was awesome. I love the idea of spending the armor to increase damage. However, in a ranged iceman build (which hail drop is clearly intended for) there is absolutely no way you would take the avalanche talent over Icebreaker, right? I feel like such an awesome idea will be severely underused. Could the armor spending mechanic just be incorporated into the crushing cold talent?

Location Ft Lauderdale, FLAPosts: 492 Amazing

@MichaelMayhem said:
Devspeak. Spike Punch == Frozen Lance.

At least that is better then Hellichopter :P