Categories

1235»

Refusing gifts

edited August 2016

@DAOWAce said:

There is no way to fix it other than to disable gifting entirely. If you can gift, it is open to abuse.

which they've already done and brought back with restrictions , you're late to the party

Location East coastPosts: 28 Mighty

@Ruwa said:

which they've already done and brought back with restrictions , you're late to the party

I'm aware the thread is a month old, but it was bumped and I was reading through it and wanted to respond to somebody.

And the restrictions in place now just stop immediate account creation and gifting. It doesn't solve the fraud problem, and nothing will.

Location TexasPosts: 427 Amazing

I haven't heard of any accounts affected being restored or given back either. Far as I know there was a mass ban then those accounts swept under the rug. I have a couple friends that have been banned and have yet to be emailed about their accounts. I don't know if they used 3rd party or not. They had access to forums for awhile until about a week ago and now they cant even log in to speak on the forums to discuss things. IDK why nothing has been said yet about those accounts but far as I know nothing will be.

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Hero Roster 2.x

Wish List: Anything You don't see here! Your gift will be appreciated and acknowledged here on the forums.

Anti-HeroLocation not outside your windowPosts: 6,580 Cosmic

@Draliv said:
I haven't heard of any accounts affected being restored or given back either. Far as I know there was a mass ban then those accounts swept under the rug. I have a couple friends that have been banned and have yet to be emailed about their accounts. I don't know if they used 3rd party or not. They had access to forums for awhile until about a week ago and now they cant even log in to speak on the forums to discuss things. IDK why nothing has been said yet about those accounts but far as I know nothing will be.

Because I ask gaz to fix this a year ago...and they didn't, so it's on them. Of course they are hiding it.

edited August 2016

@BWCorvus said:

Because I ask gaz to fix this a year ago...and they didn't, so it's on them. Of course they are hiding it.

As much as I agree, I wish I had my friends back to play with more. So under they rug they are I assume. Wonder if rollbacks could be done now so people get whatever back. IDK.

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Hero Roster 2.x

Wish List: Anything You don't see here! Your gift will be appreciated and acknowledged here on the forums.

Location Everywhere....Posts: 7,292 Cosmic

Why would people waist money on 3rd party sites? I just don't get it.

RIP MARVEL HEROES :(

Location Wandering the left hand pathPosts: 4,889 Cosmic

@Draliv said:

If they were using a 3rd party site to try and buy things then the bann is their own fault and they will likely not get unbanned. If they got ninja gifted through a fraud method by some malicious person then it's Gaz's fault due to security gaps in gifting. If right is right they should be unbanned if they never intended to buy from a third party since it isnt their fault if they got gifts.

Rather a day as a wolf than a thousand years as a sheep.

@SneakyErvin said:

If they were using a 3rd party site to try and buy things then the bann is their own fault and they will likely not get unbanned. If they got ninja gifted through a fraud method by some malicious person then it's Gaz's fault due to security gaps in gifting. If right is right they should be unbanned if they never intended to buy from a third party since it isnt their fault if they got gifts.

How would it be any difference? How could you tell someone bought a pack of cards from a 3rd party or if someone ninja gifted them? To make it right any affected account should get rolled back and put only what is on their personal purchase history back on it. Just my own opinion.

Hero Roster 2.x

Location Wandering the left hand pathPosts: 4,889 Cosmic

@Draliv said:

@SneakyErvin said:

How would it be any difference? How could you tell someone bought a pack of cards from a 3rd party or if someone ninja gifted them? To make it right any affected account should get rolled back and put only what is on their personal purchase history back on it. Just my own opinion.

Well it's difficulty, but they can track non-fraud purchases from 3rd party sites since the transaction is highly likely involving one of the add-bots sending the gifts. So when the bots get banned anyone that got items sent from them will likely also get banned.

When it involves the fraud ninja gift and fraud 3rd party sales it's harder, but there is likely a pattern in it they can see.

Rather a day as a wolf than a thousand years as a sheep.

Location Mommy, tell me about Daddy...Why can't I meet him?Posts: 2,545 Cosmic

@Seoulstice said:
It's official. Today I got banned with no customer support. Funny how they let me play 20+ days then suddenly ban me today.

Edit:
Waiting on the appeals process at this point.

@Asros @AgentFenixion @AgentVapor

This is just crazy. I truly hope this isn't just going to be left like this. Seoulstice was upfront the second he realized he received dodgy gifts. I get that things have to be investigated but this is a horrible injustice that's going to cost a dedicated fan his account. A month has gone by and no word if the ban is even being looked at.

Players wrongfully banned.A dark stain on your reputation Gazillion https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/3803869/#Comment_3803869

Thinking about spending your hard earned cash on Gaz?
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/324275/attention-i-really-screwed-up-at-in-game-shop/p1

Location Mommy, tell me about Daddy...Why can't I meet him?Posts: 2,545 Cosmic

@xVeritas said:
Follow the former community head's instructions, and get banned. Wonderful. Top notch CS right there.

Really encouraging for anyone wanting to spend money on this game. Blanket banning is easier than actually investigating.

Players wrongfully banned.A dark stain on your reputation Gazillion https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/3803869/#Comment_3803869

Thinking about spending your hard earned cash on Gaz?
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/324275/attention-i-really-screwed-up-at-in-game-shop/p1

Location The ImmortalsPosts: 883 Amazing
edited August 2016

@Seoulstice said:

@Ryolnir said:
If you receive a large gift from someone you don't know, put in a CS ticket ASAP and just let the items hang out in your delivery box. We'll check it out for you, don't worry!

If you participated in a giveaway, be sure to check if it's the same person, of course. :)

We're actually going to disable gifting temporarily while we make a few changes. Those changes will likely take a week or more.

Thanks Ryolnir.
I did as you instructed and today I received a response I got banned. This is the e-mail I received:
Greetings,
According to our records, your account has been banned permanently for purchasing items from a third party seller. I apologize, but all moderation related issues must be directed to appeals@marvelheroes.com so the issue can be investigated further.
Please note that you are not guaranteed to receive a reply and filing an appeal does not guarantee that further action will be conducted to your account. Customer Support will not be able to handle moderation issues; any support tickets opened inquiring about moderation cases may be closed automatically without a reply.
Thank you,
Marvel Heroes 2016 Support

Why is this the case if I reported this as instructed? It's just disheartening to read that even if I e-mail the appeals address I still may not get a response. I played this game since launch and purchased every pack (besides the founders) and spent near 2000 hours on this game. Any help would be great.

If you want me to IM you personally about the situation I can do that. I believe I know who sent me the items.

(EDIT: The thanks is legit for the advice, not a condescending "thanks").

It's incredibly disappointing when one of our upstanding members follows the instruction of the development team to the letter and is still summarily banned without any investigation because of the acts of a third party.

Compare this to the customer service over at Grinding Gears Games (Path of Exile) who respond on a Saturday afternoon and fix account issues within 3 hours time. That is customer service and where my money will go until things like this stop happening in Marvel Heroes.

@Asros @AgentFenixion @AgentVapor

AssembledLocation AsgardPosts: 97 Mighty

I can't believe this is happening and I feel sad for you guys. Extremely disappointed in Gaz... I bought a lot of Gs recently and only hope this won't happen to me.

Location NWPosts: 22 Mighty

Necromancer wants to know if there is any update?

Location Between the Hammer and the AnvilPosts: 21,945 Cosmic

@DaithiPax said:
Necromancer wants to know if there is any update?

Nope, swept under the proverbial rug. Still wishing for my friends return. highly unlikely tho... I need new friends lol.

Hero Roster 2.x

ArmoredLocation Hold the heathen hammer high!Posts: 3,712 Cosmic

@BWCorvus said:

@Wizzer said:
What happens exactly? It's all confusing to me.

Basically, they go to a site and buy an item (like a costume). They get it gifted to them. The item is than chargedback, because it was bought with a stolen credit card. The person gets banned. This is fine (as they broke the tos anyway)...BUT, say me and you get in a fight, and I want you banned. I send you a gift, charge it back, your gone. We need a way to refuse gifts to keep this from happening.

That does not happen.

I've made a few enemies. Someone or some people have tried to get me banned before, big time.

The staff are not stupid. I told them what was up and they are super helpful.

Here is a post you can read, everything you've said about that scenario has happened to me and I was not banned. Really, read the post see how much stuff someone gifted me. They even gifted me Hulk stuff to make it look like I bought it. lol

Here is the thread.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4075107#Comment_4075107

Location any Danger(ous) room available!Posts: 51 Mighty

there are bunch of petty player base that keep just waiting for any chat to hop in and righclick you for being banned.... and GAZ is eating those cakes with pleasure ..... thats happen when you dont care about ur playerbase but only about ur payment checks and off-work time...

1235»