Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are up and running. Thank you for your patience.

DOES Dr. Strange have a female alternate/costume from the comics

True BelieverPosts: 21 Mighty

would like to know.

thanks.

Location Not CanadaPosts: 3,300 Cosmic

Please no, anyone but Earth X Clea. She's the only Clea i don't like.

Location Dark DimensionPosts: 503 Amazing

Another thing to consider for 616 Clea is that her powers are diminished anywhere but the Dark Dimension.

Yes. And they'd have to explain why she would have the Eye, to use the All-Seeing Eye ability. But regardless, I think it could work. She's been seen recently fighting on the Eath dimension and doing quite well for herself in Fearless Defenders.

ALL THE DEADPOOLSPosts: 563 Amazing

@Kalasco said:
Clea makes absolute sense in this case.

They also seem to be a bit flexible on the powerset thing when it comes to costumes. They practically confirmed Mar-vell enhanced for Ms Marvel, and we all know he doesn't have the same powers.

They also strongly hinted Wiccan would start off as an enhanced costume for Wanda, or the possibility of Red Hulk costume for Hulk.

There are definitely other instances where Gaz has shown a willingness to bend the rules a bit, so I agree, I don't see any problem with Clea costume.

Location NiflheimPosts: 644 Amazing
edited May 2014

We do have to remember, not all the heroes played here are from the 616 dimension. Many are from similar dimensions, which is how we can have 2 Storms for instance at the same time. It's also have we can have costumes from other dimensions (like the Age of Apocalypse costumes).

Clea is an interesting choice, however they should factor in whether or not they plan on having a playable Clea down the line. It might be a bit too much of a good thing.

Other possible candidates are:

Strange (from 2099)

She is not quite... adept at magic though so would be an odd choice.

A better candidate would be the daughter of Stephen Strange and Clea, resident of Earth-71166

Although she might look a bit too much like Stephen, the voice acting would have to be VERY good.

True BelieverPosts: 2,614 Cosmic
edited May 2014

@Illigard said:
Clea is an interesting choice, however they should factor in whether or not they plan on having a playable Clea down the line. It might be a bit too much of a good thing.

Personally I do not see Clea becoming playable down the line which is another reason I think it would make perfect sense to have her as his enhanced costume. I know she is coming as a Team Up but I just don't see her as a playable character in her own right, at least not before 2018 at the earliest unless she plays a massive part in the Doctor Strange movie.

Thing is, these costumes sell for around $17, so they have to put out something which is likely to sell well and I cannot think of any female 'Strange' who would have enough fan traction to sell well as an enhanced except for Clea.

Anything less than Clea would probably be a waste of development time based on the money they'd be likely to get back in return. Besides they already have her most likely costume and some of her VO done for her Team Up so one would assume from their point of view it would be an easy win.

Location NiflheimPosts: 644 Amazing
edited May 2014

@Kalasco said:
Anything less than Clea would probably be a waste of development time based on the money they'd be likely to get back in return. Besides they already have her most likely costume and some of her VO done for her Team Up so one would assume from their point of view it would be an easy win.

True, I had to dig a bit for the female doctor Strange's and... if you knew me that means that they are kinda rare. I don't foresee a huge fanbase for them.

I could see Clea as a playable character though. Summoning Mindless Ones, an ultimate with her as the Queen of the Dark Dimension, perhaps some kind of summoner which could also be used to aid party members. The focus would be on her being the ruler of the Dark Dimension and her heritage of being half Faltine. Sorcerers all over call upon them to strengthen their spells let alone the host of other spells from incinerating people to opening up giant holes in the ground to swallow up ones foes.

If you don't believe the last, see this last incantation

"“From their bitter, blazing land

May the Faltine raise their hand

May their flames now leap and hiss

Open wide a great abyss.”"

True BelieverPosts: 2,614 Cosmic

@Illigard said:
I could see Clea as a playable character though.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think they could make an awesome playable Clea, I simply don't see it happening given how easily she could slot over Strange's skillset and how many other heroes they have that they want to add to the game.

They could easily make an entire new skillset for Clea... and have Doctor Strange as a reverse enhanced for her too. I mean, given the number of skills we have in the game vs the number of spells he has, you could easily make another 10 Doctor Strange's and have them all be completely unique. :D

I think it really depends on the Strange movie as to whether or not we get a playable Clea in the next couple of years. If following that movie she becomes an icon, then I could definitely see it happening. There is certainly no lack of skill diversity to use for her.

True BelieverLocation Waiting for Nightcrawler Bamf VFX fixPosts: 17,516 Cosmic

@protovox said:
would like to know.

Strange 2099:

Morgana Blesssing:

@Duganson said:
Earth X Clea...

SPOILERS Turns out to be a villain... Still hot though.

Except that's Clea, not Strange.

and I also want that costume on her :D ;)

Same here. If Doctor Strange would have an enhanced costume, Clea fits perfectly, given the trend that Gazillion did with some other characters (Shuri for Black Panther, Wiccan for Wanda, Mar-vell for Marvel, etc) Although of course I would be fine if Doctor Strange were to have other costumes.

Maybe @TheDink or @Lord can give more clarification as to whether we'll get Clea as enhanced costume for Strange or not :D

I believe @Doomsaw or @Ryolnir mentioned somewhere that, even though they can make one character as an enhanced costume for someone existing in-game, it doesn't mean they can't make the former into a separate playable character as well, in addition to being an enhanced costume. Like for example, if I remember correctly, there was a proposal to have Sabertooth as an enhanced costume for Wolverine, but even if it pushes through, they can still make a separate playable character for Sabertooth if they want to.

Location Say WutPosts: 9,212 Cosmic

Strange 2099