Categories

ANAD Spider-Man + Friends Discussion Thread

Location Founder of Parker IndustriesPosts: 5,407 Cosmic
edited October 2015

Hey guys,

As you can see from my username, I am a huge Spidey fan, and I would love to chat with other fans, and even make some friends! That is why I have created this thread: to talk about anything Spider-related, including:

• Amazing Spider-Man
  • Spidey 2099
  • Superior Spider-Man
  • Other Spider-Men, and who is the coolest, etc
  • Spider-Verse
  • Supporting Characters
  • Spider-Man movies
  • Agent Venom
  • Scarlet Spider
  • Spider-Man games
  • Upcoming storylines/titles
  • Spider-Man story predictions/ideas
  • Comic reviews
  • Favorite Spidey moments
  • Spider-Man cartoon episodes
  • How Spider-Man can stop any one (including TOAA and The Living Tribunal) ;)
  • Spider-Man complaints
  • In game Spidey
  • And any thing else you can think of!
    Well, that's it from me!

Also, as you may know, the earlier version of this thread was closed due to a conversation turning nasty (which was partly my fault). That's why I'm trying to create this thread as a new beginning. Feel free to discuss any Spider thing here, but please try and follow the MH Code of Conduct (including me)! Anyways, let's begin! :)

Also, if anyone wants to browse through the 43 pages of conversation and Spidey facts we had at the old thread, here's a link.

Have fun! :)

/discuss

ARCHIVED BATTLES:

1. Peter vs Otto in a battle of wits; VICTOR: PETER PARKER

2. Peter Parker vs Miguel O' Hara (morals on, takes place on Battleworld - Peter doesn't remember his visit there in Secret War); VICTOR: Miguel O' Hara

3. Cosmic Spider-Man vs Silver Surfer (morals on, takes place on Earth, starting in Manhattan); VICTOR: TIE

4. Spider-Man 2099 vs Superior Spider-Man (morals on, takes place in New York 2211, no prep, and no Mjolnir)

ONGOING BATTLE: Symbiote Spider-Man (616) VS Superior Venom!!! Takes place in NYC. No prep.

edited May 2014
True BelieverLocation Singapore is already so small, i am still in SingaporePosts: 3,062 Uncanny

just curious is symbiote spidey suppose to be black colour or dark blue colour.

The one ingame is dark blue..

Hmm.. Looks a but scrawny compared to the previous game dontcha think?

Location President & CEO of Parker IndustriesPosts: 280 Amazing
edited May 2014

I must say, it was rather heady of you to create another discussion to mark a new era. I guess we all get out of hand at times. Well, as I've said before, whenever a thread breaks (ironic!), we mend it and learn from our mistakes (Glad that you've admitted yours!). And by the way, don't be concerned about me, getting warned is very much the same as the Avengers putting me on probation. Nothing I've never encountered before.

Courtesy of (The Superior) @BigBossODIN

@KILLMODEON said:
just curious is symbiote spidey suppose to be black colour or dark blue colour.

The one ingame is dark blue..

The Ultimate Pack is supposed to be a dark blue/purple (it's based in the Ultimate Comics, where the symbiote had a purply glow), while the Back in Black is more of a matte black.

@ironbuscus glad to see you back! Totally LOL-ed at the final comment there! ;) Did you pre-order/buy TASM2 game?

Location The Spider-VersePosts: 913 Amazing

So who plans to see ASM2 opening weekend?

@MichaelMayhem said:
It does confirm the often-forgotten truth, which is that the projects we do for new players are very, very important to the game's success.

WebheadLocation New York, New York Posts: 584 Amazing

I pre-ordered the game on steam and i have to wait till 2 in the afternoon for it to unlock AHAHAHAHA sorry that wasn't funny its the goblin serum acting up.

@Ripto said:
I pre-ordered the game on steam and i have to wait till 2 in the afternoon for it to unlock AHAHAHAHA sorry that wasn't funny its the goblin serum acting up.

Gonna play it NOW!!!

@‌TigerKnight that's me!! :)

Lucky.

I was going to see it but my bro is backing out last minute on me. Some stupid thing about paying rent. Bah. I say pay late, pay the extra $20, ASM2 will be worth it. Trust me.

Course he didn't like Captain America 2 so it's a harder sell...

@MichaelMayhem said:
It does confirm the often-forgotten truth, which is that the projects we do for new players are very, very important to the game's success.

@TigerKnight said:
Course he didn't like Captain America 2 so it's a harder sell...

Ahh, that sucks. :( If you want, I'll try and tell you what I thought about the movie though, so :)

Good luck on seeing it ASAP!

@TheBestSpiderMan said:
Good luck on seeing it ASAP!

Wouldn't mind a quick "Hated or loved it" deal. Although we have a sucker's bet going on so you can't tell me if I win or not.

The bet is that I think Spider-Man at one point or time in the movie will run out of webbing because they're empty or non functional. Yes, this happened in ASM 1 but it was near the end and I think they will use it again just because the one preview sees him jumping to save Gwen and not using webbing to save her which is truer to the comics. Plus there isn't too many web scenes.

Old Spidey joke: Webbing this issue, out the next.....

I am excited to see Black Cat's Debut on the big screen

@MichaelMayhem said:

Fearless LeaderLocation north carolinaPosts: 1,126 Fantastic

I dont know if i'm gonna see the movie just yet, but as far as i've been reading the amazing spider-man 2 game, is still having some of the issues from the first game, the swing mechanic from spider-man the movie 2 game is still not being used for this game. So i guess this is a win for tobey fans, because his movie game is still the standard for spider-man movie games and maybe spider-man games in general

AceLocation Phoenix ArizonaPosts: 3,693 Uncanny
edited April 2014

I have not even considered buying the game, I'm done with Spider-Man comics, I'll watch the movie but that is it.

Fearless LeaderLocation north carolinaPosts: 1,126 Fantastic

It be cool if adult swim could get a spidey-2099 or a superior spider-man cartoon, with a tv-14 rating, it would totally sell with boondocks, bleach, naruto and whatever else comes on

Location CanadaPosts: 208 Amazing

So has anyone read ASM #1 yet? I have, and well not sure what to think of it after the amazing run of superior. It would be nice to know the thoughts of seasoned spider man fans.

Location Los AngelesPosts: 119 Incredible

I'm just glad Peter Parker is back! wasn't a big fan of Superior Spider-man

Just saw the movie. It was...AMAZING. Wow. They nailed it. I dont wanna spoil or give anything away, but the movie was really great! Best spidey movie yet!

@Godlithh lucky! It hasn't even been released here in Canada yet!

@scrapplette‌ Wow! I'm gonna watch it on opening day, so I can't wait! :)

@Julesimanerd Yeah, although i didn't like how they ended the SSM run, it's great to have Peter back! :)

Location President & CEO of Parker IndustriesPosts: 280 Amazing
edited April 2014

@scrapplette said:
Just saw the movie. It was...AMAZING. Wow. They nailed it. I dont wanna spoil or give anything away, but the movie was really great! Best spidey movie yet!

Yes... Until The Amazing Spider-Man 3, Venom or The Sinister Six film is released! I'm looking forward to Otto Octavius's debut on the big screen! I hope that he is as 'superior' as he is in the comics!

Courtesy of (The Superior) @BigBossODIN