The Marvel Heroes 2015 servers are now live with the Big Ten event!!

Categories

Hero Mechanic suggestion - Agent Venom

edited February 25

I know Agent venom is a while off but i just wanted this idea to be seen.

My idea for Agent venom is a Control mechanic while also balancing/juggling melee and ranged skills.So in the comics the writers tend to emphasize him having control issues either he likes giving in or letting the symbiote take control and i thought that could be a interesting game mechanic.

So what is the Control mechanic ? Well if you are familiar with Rumble from League of Legends it revoles around him juggling his heat mechanic and i thought that would be good but lets take it one step further.So Agent Venom will have 3 states 1. Ranged (in control ) 2.Melee (out of control ) and 3. the sweet spot.

So how do you see how much control you have? well there will be a recourse bar just about the exp bar from 0-100 and using skills and criting or using other things will increase or decrease the Control meter

1.Ranged - this is where he start at point 0 , his basic and other skills revolve around his military training with either guns , grenades and any other heavy arsenal. Passive Crit and damage rating

2.Melee - upon reaching 75 meter you will loose control and the symbiote will take over making all his basics and skills will change to a melee orientated skill set where he uses his fists , size and symbiote tendrils. Passive defense rating and brutal strike chance.

3.Sweet spot - will be activated upon reaching 45 Control meter and stopping at 74, as i said before Rumble gave me the idea and Rumble has a sweet spot ( forgot what its called) where he maintains/balances his skills in this area because it allows him to deal more damage , so while in this state Agent Venom gets both sides of the passive both Crit and damage rating as well as defense and brutal strike rating.

So while in the sweet spot you are in between states of both ranged and melee , so how can you have both at the same time ? well i thought you could choose which state you wanted in this by using the Moon knight mechanic where you pick which skill you want , so locking you into what you want but only while you are inside the sweet spot skills would be Serum and Demon ( i know the demon has moved hosts but bear with it ;) )

Passives like i mentioned before having the Moon Knight mechanic will trigger other skills and passives to change, for example if you wanted to play mainly ranged you would take the Serum this would make it harder for you to loose control and take longer for you to reach the Melee point but also at the same time make it harder for you to get to the sweet spot.

But on the other hand if you see yourself at a better juggler you would pick the Demon passive, this would cause you to anger more easily making the Control meter fill faster making you get into the melee state faster but makes it harder for you to stay in the Sweet Spot.

Thank you all for reading and please leave feed back it means a lot
@Doomsaw @Ryolnir :)

Hey all if you like my idea be sure to check out @TheBestSpiderMan idea its more thought out and better explained
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/31442/new-character-suggestion-agent-venom-complete-skills-and-descriptions-costumes-unique-ideas/p1

·
CovertLocation Calgary ABPosts: 352 Amazing

I need Venom now Agent too far :((

·
Location In Mordor, Simply Walking.Posts: 2,303 Cosmic

I think adding some skills similar to "Lock and Load" from Punisher, or better yet, Unleash and Cage the Beast from Wolverine, would allow you to exert a little more control over the mechanic than just "stop dps if you get too close".

All in All I think this is a very solid Idea! I know very little of "Agent Venom", my knowledge lies more in the Eddy Brock/ Peter Parker/ "We Know You Parker!" Venom. So I would likely gravitate towards a more "out of control" playstyle.

·
Cutting EdgePosts: 260 Amazing

DOOMSAW HAS SPOKEN!

·
Location East Coast! Posts: 4,174 Cosmic

This is a really good idea. Now I want to go play some LoL lol

·
Pro FounderLocation LimboPosts: 2,202 Fantastic

Add me to this list of people who only wants to play as Venom, not this Agent Venom stuff.

I think your idea sounds cool, but I would hate playing Venom and having a skill tree using guns and grenades. I want symbiote abilities and powers, even when Venom is in his evil state he still doesn't randomly kill people. He just really hates Spider-Man, so I don't see the need to make him into more good than bad.

·
ArmoredLocation Local GroupPosts: 353 Amazing

Sounds cool I like the control mechanic but not the implementation . How would you gear for range then melee? I know there are heroes that use both but they use both at the same time . This would make gearing a pain so I would suggest taking the "start range , then melee" out and just use both at the same time

Call it Agent abilities and symbiote abilities , you have much more room to play with that and gear for that than the clear cut range to start then go melee.

I love the idea i'm just trying to look at it from all angles : )

·

You should be ashamed, you are reminding me of the fact that i REALLY want to play him, but that i won't be able to before at least 2016 ! It's a great Hero mechanic idea.

(for the others, they already said that he would be his own character, we will have venom this year and agent venom ... well later.)

·

the only issues i can see with this is unlike rumble in LoL who you go in knowing his play style. this would seem to prevent diverse play style. it in its self is diverse but you are forcing some one to do x at x time basically. that being said the bigger issue i see with this (maybe doable or not) is unless the powers ranged and melee are kinda bound to the same power aka x ranged is also x melee when change happens how could one ever spec for this kinda setup. as it is right now you have basically 120 points or 6 ability maxed so with this kinda hero i would need both ranged and melee powers for both sides of him to play effectively.
maybe you have thought of these already idk if so i would really like to hear ideas for them or ways around said issues @itvoid

·
Anti-HeroLocation MelbournePosts: 98 Mighty
edited April 2014

ideas sound awesome and playstyle sounds interesting and unique.

so rediculously pumped that this conversation is happening. the beginning of agent venom mania(not to be confused with mania mania.) ... i may just loose control myself!!

·
Location LatveriaPosts: 2,983 Cosmic

Sounds very interesting!

·

sounds neat, but i'm in the list of people that only want the original venom, not this gun toting guy...feh

·

@Rasetsu said:
You should be ashamed, you are reminding me of the fact that i REALLY want to play him, but that i won't be able to before at least 2016 ! It's a great Hero mechanic idea.

(for the others, they already said that he would be his own character, we will have venom this year and agent venom ... well later.)

Has this been confirmed? Oh, wicked! I'm in the "Agent Venom" tickbox, never been a fan of Eddie Brock's 90's-kitsche original, so hearing that Agent Venom has the potential to be his own playable character outside of Venom is music to my ears.

·
GuardianPosts: 117 Incredible

Great idea here, I think it would be a lot of fun.

·

@Drizzet

unless the powers ranged and melee are kinda bound to the same power aka x ranged is also x melee when change happens how could one ever spec for this kinda setup

Sorry if that didnt come across well but yes the idea was that the skills would change from going back and forth for example i thought about a basic , the ranged side decreases the control bar by -2 but on the melee side it generate +2 to keep you in that state easier.

And i was thinking it over and to make it more builds accessible maybe leave the first tree with some skills that wont change that will decrease the control bar rather than generate it @Nullrage idea.

·