Categories

Hawkeye Build

Fearless LeaderPosts: 179 Incredible

Sup guys (and gals). I've recently retcon'd my Hawkeye as I was at the 30 range doing no good. So I come here asking for advice.

I currently have 53 points available at level 30. I have a point in Tear gas arrow, shrieking, and nullifier. Also 1 in double and triple arrow. 1 in combat training and 1 in explosive arrow (to get tear gas arrow)

Where should the 53 be focused in going into if I'm strictly going to be bow and don't want close quarters? My last time I kept putting everything in vibranium arrows.

Any advice would be nice, including what kind of gear to look for, and what medallion to use.

·

Currently, I think points are best spent maxing out all the basics (Quick, Twin, Triple Arrow). Hawkeye's basic attacks are really strong single target DPS, so adding points for the synergy is incredibly useful. I'd also recommend putting 1 in Ronin Lunge (which requires 1 point in Ronin Assault as well). It moves further and faster than Getaway Roll and Hawkeye needs maximum mobility to stay alive. Finally, having 1 point in all the passives (Precise Aim, Masterful Archery, Piercing Arrowheads and Vibranium Arrowheads) is worth it, IMO. The first point in all these skills gives significantly more than subsequent points; also, it'll let you benefit more from +to all skills or +Archery skills on gear.

After that you'll still have points left over, and you can really do whatever you want. I put ~7 or so points in Shrieking Arrow for the longer duration. You can dump some points into any of the passives, just note that they all become less value per point as you level them.

I try to grab gear with +crit%, +Quick/Twin/Triple, +Archery, +physical damage, and +defense pen on basics. (I'm probably forgetting loads of things.) I still haven't figured out a Medallion yet. I'm still holding on to my Bullseye Medal, but that's undoubtedly outclassed, I just haven't really had time to do any testing yet.

·
Location Hoth Rebel BasePosts: 309 Amazing
edited August 2013

Crit. Crit with Hawk is your best friend hands down. I do 20/20/20 as Taco said. His basics are his bread and butter. I have a build if you like, and posted it earlier in this forum, but I'll grab the URL quickly...

http://marvelbase.com/builds/view/1142-GlassCannon_Farming_Group_DPS_V1_3#22C2K2KgKvMvvvqv2vG/75.63.37.126.0.0.0.0

If you like it, leave a comment or give it +1, I think currently it's the most viable build (for my playstyle) but I feel the damage is about as good as you'll get... Until we hear otherwise from the dev's if there will be more fixes/buffs.

Hope it helps.

@MrShhh - if you have a problem with my post, I'd appreciate you messaging me or quoting it with question, rather than just clicking "SPAM". I was simply offering up my build. Over 2200+ People have view it and it's among the highest on the Hawkeye builds on MarvelBase, which is a TOOL for Marvel Heroes. So if you have a problem bring it up with me, else, remove your SPAM as I did not spam. I offered insight.

·

Are the Hawkeye buffs coming in the patch tomorrow? If so, I'd wait until then to tinker around with skills. The buff to Taser arrow (max stuns 7 enemies) and Freeze Arrow (now AOE) are very intriguing. I've got some gear I saved up the past few days to try out some new builds.

At a minimum though, you should always max/allot points to the basic attacks (1/2/3). They are the bread and butter for Hawkeye. I'd also highly, highly recommend one point in Nullifier Arrow when it is available. Your teammates will love you when Electro appears.

·
Location HerePosts: 669 Amazing

I made the unfortunate mistake of putting 15 points into adamantium arrow. I don't recommend this for late game purposes.

·
Location On an islandPosts: 1,102 Fantastic

@Zeroaegis said:
I made the unfortunate mistake of putting 15 points into adamantium arrow. I don't recommend this for late game purposes.

IMHO and experience, it helps your single target/lined up targets DPS more than tear gas or explosive arrow without running too low on spirit. I've done some testing on the test server and even with the changes to some of the powers, the damage output in adamantium arrow shouldn't be ignored.

It all comes down to build and play style and very importantly, gear. If you prefer AOE style, then 15 loints in adamantium may be better suited elsewhere. I find myself keeping it simple with shrieking, quick arrow, and adamantium these days (only level 47), with an explosive or tear gas here and there. At least until the next patch when taser and freeze make a seemingly bold comeback.

·
edited July 2013

i have 4 point in adamantium with 580 damage per second charged and 12 point in wave of arrows. i use them both depending on boss affixes situation.

what i usually do, shoot 2 shrieking arrow, and then get real close to the boss, and spam wave of arrows as much as i can. and when shrieking arrow explode, lunge away and let spirit recharge.

when the boss has cosmic ground energy around them, i go as far as i can and try to damage the boss using adamantium arrow as much as i can, when i see opening to tank the boss, i damage the boss with wave of arrows.

remember to use juggernaut medallion, preferably the one with a really high stat, since HE is a very squishy class.

·

I play Hawkeye as my only main, he is the only hero i own who i would even consider playing.
I am actually liking Hawkeye alot im lvl 42. I put 1 point into his roll just so you can avoid attack with ease and a handful into combat training dodge and extra def is always good.And every other point i have is going into his archery tree everything besides pinning arrow. Focus your points into Quick arrow,Twin arrow, Triple arrow. Also Wave of arrows can get to pretty high dps if will shoot out 4 arrows which will do about 200+ dps each ,BUT the key to maxing the dps for a single target is to stand on top of him. If you are right on top of a mob and strike him with wave of arrows he will get hit with all 4 arrows and you can see the obviously high dps.
As far as the Trick arrows go i suggest not to even put 1 single point into that tree and rely on the gear you get to give you which ever trick arrow you want to use.
If you get lucky and get gear that has Shrieking arrow on it you can solo pretty easy with the taunt and the high dps from triple arrow.
You may not feel like you are a full blown super hero watching everyone else flying and teleporting around ,but i enjoy it

And as far as gear goes and medallions alot of people say to build def,but i feel like that is a waste.Hawkeye is very squishy and that is why i suggest getting as much offensive stuff as u can. Think as him as a wizard, very high dps output and everything will 1 shot you,but that is where your roll comes into play if you have the skills to avoid hits your self you can focus all your efforts on to pure damage.

If you have some input i would love to hear it

PS:Does anyone else think that the old man Hawkeye costume looks like Stan Lee alot of people are telling me i look like Stan lee HEHE
:-j :-j

·

I build a glass canon hawkeye one time, my triple arrow deald up to 700 per arrow. tear gas deal crazy damage up to 3000. High crit and max masterful archery.

i stack every single stats that has +damage including modok medalion etc.

no use at all, still get one shot faster than killing the mob. the glass canon build works if you are only playing on the green terminals, but in the t3 red term, hawkeye is pretty much useless.

·

@frenzyphonic said:

no use at all, still get one shot faster than killing the mob. the glass canon build works if you are only playing on the green terminals, but in the t3 red term, hawkeye is pretty much useless.

he is probably one of the most squishy heroes, but if you use the taunt arrow with the high dps i normally dont have issues soloing red terminal missions.

·

Quick arrow is one of the best Single Target basic powers of the entire cast. Twin arrow sucks. Tripple arrow for crowd dps the only problem is u need to max all of these to keep hawkeyes dps up . All of his single target dps spirit spenders do horrible dmg( Adamantium arrow is great till lvl 30 then its just bleh from there on). Shrieking arrow to taunt bosses/groups of enemies followed by teargas/quick/tripple arrow for dps. The new buffs to tazer arrow and freeze arrow are nice but they still dont do decent dps and they still dont keep you alive as well as shriek/teargas. Wave of arrows leaves you too open to use outside of grouping it has slow startup and leaves you in an animation lock. Explosive arrow is much improved and does simply average aoe dmg.

·
edited August 2013

@spazztik said:

he is probably one of the most squishy heroes, but if you use the taunt arrow with the high dps i normally dont have issues soloing red terminal missions.

you are saying this as if i don't use the shrieking arrows. I do, and i tell you this, even if you still use this to taunt the mob / boss you will still get one shoot easily fast at the t3 red terminal.

hawkeye has some serious defense issue and his DPS is So so and doesn't have the best basic DPS in the game.

my thing at a so many lower lvl 30 than my lvl 56 hawkeye deald way more basic damage than hawkeye at the moment.

even my lvl 25 black widow sharpshooter skills deal the same damage at rank 1 compared to adamantium arrow at rank 4.

this is BS all around.

·

@ElmerJ said:
Sup guys (and gals). I've recently retcon'd my Hawkeye as I was at the 30 range doing no good. So I come here asking for advice.

I'm still on the journey myself (48) but a good place to start is deciding whether to go single target build or AOE build. IMHO dabbling in both realms will leave you wanting.

·

@matsuya said:
Quick arrow is one of the best Single Target basic powers of the entire cast. Twin arrow sucks. Tripple arrow for crowd dps the only problem is u need to max all of these to keep hawkeyes dps up . All of his single target dps spirit spenders do horrible dmg( Adamantium arrow is great till lvl 30 then its just bleh from there on). Shrieking arrow to taunt bosses/groups of enemies followed by teargas/quick/tripple arrow for dps. The new buffs to tazer arrow and freeze arrow are nice but they still dont do decent dps and they still dont keep you alive as well as shriek/teargas. Wave of arrows leaves you too open to use outside of grouping it has slow startup and leaves you in an animation lock. Explosive arrow is much improved and does simply average aoe dmg.

You think Quick is better than the double triple weave?

·

@Sabrael said:
You think Quick is better than the double triple weave?

Yes......depending on the distance you are from a target. Two of the arrows from a triple arrow attack will miss very often when trying to hit a target around the edges of the screen (roughly about an inch or 1.5 inches from the border). Anything closer than that and triple arrow becomes slightly more effective as your range from the target decreases. Keep in mind however that depending on the target, your "single target" DPS will be split if there is a group of enemies due to the dispersion of arrows. When this happens, Quick arrow may be the better choice.

·

@CptSaveAHo said:

I was under the impression that each arrow of triple and double did X to X+ per arrow? Thus making Triple 3 times as deadly as Quick if all 3 arrows hit.

·
edited August 2013

@Sabrael said:
I was under the impression that each arrow of triple and double did X to X+ per arrow? Thus making Triple 3 times as deadly as Quick if all 3 arrows hit.

That's just it right there. All three need to hit consistently and then you'll get greater damage than quick arrow. One of the main reasons I use quick arrow (aside from the fact I get 500ish-700ish damage 3 times/sec) is that I try to remain as far away from danger as possible. This goes back to my comment about range. With half the mobs being AOE, the closer I get so that my triple arrow is powerful...then the greater my chances to get my glass handed to me (even with a sick roll in a Jugg medallion :-) ). It depends on your play style. At the moment, quick arrow suits me better.

Give it a try in the training room. Stand in the hall farther back from the room of your choice and start firing triple arrows at a single target. Better yet, the dummies at the northern part may be easier to set this up. Post your findings. I'm curious to see what others discover so I can confirm or adjust my own findings.

·

@CptSaveAHo said:
Give it a try in the training room. Stand in the hall farther back from the room of your choice and start firing triple arrows at a single target. Better yet, the dummies at the northern part may be easier to set this up. Post your findings. I'm curious to see what others discover so I can confirm or adjust my own findings.

Interesting thought. I may give this a shot. I was using Quick shot for awhile, but I realized that when I got rushed, my triple arrow was DESTROYING mobs in comparison to my Quick Arrows which shoot 1.5x as fast.

·

@Sabrael said:
Interesting thought. I may give this a shot. I was using Quick shot for awhile, but I realized that when I got rushed, my triple arrow was DESTROYING mobs in comparison to my Quick Arrows which shoot 1.5x as fast.

I've been there too. When that happens now, I reshriek, move to a safer spot, and fire away.

Please post what you discover if and when you do. Thanks.

·

@CptSaveAHo said:

I almost use nothing but triple arrow.
In my experience you can still be pretty far away from enemy and hit them with all 3 of the arrows for full damage output .

im lvl 42 and i have been soloing T2 red terminal missions. This is how i do it:
I use shrieking arrow to taunt a swarm of enemies then just blast away with triple arrows. All it takes is a few good timed shrieking arrows and i can keep all the mobs aggro off of me and only on the shrieking arrows. It normally will only take me 2 shrieking arrows worth of taunt to take out a huge group of mobs. And as far as boss fights go i just blast them with triple arrow non stop while using my Roll to just avoid everything they do.

Im open to suggestions i would like to get better at Hawkeye and im sure all of you would as well

·
edited August 2013

I just did some testing with basics and procs and what not. It's hard to determine anything but here's generally what I was able to find out (most of these are really obvious but I'm just putting them here for confirmation):

1) Pretty obvious, but as everyone has stated, each individual arrow on Triple/Twin/Wave of Arrows has a separate chance to crit.

2) On single targets, both arrows of Twin Arrow always hit, regardless of range, as far as I can tell. I went to maximum range in the training room and both arrows were hitting.

3) On single targets, at maximum range, only one arrow of Triple Arrow hits. Just one step closer and all three hit. (There is never a point in which two hit and one does not.)

4) Caveat for both 2 and 3, the arrows can split up and hit different targets if something is in the path of one, but not the other.

5) Twin Arrow and Quick Arrow have identical range. Triple Arrow's range is shorter (your character model needs to be about two "steps" closer for all three arrows to hit). Because of this, it seems like Twin Arrow is the best basic for single target DPS at max range, assuming no +Twin/Quick/Triple gear (ignoring weaving entirely). Because I am bad at weaving Triple/Twin reliably, I can't really test it in any meaningful fashion.

6) Each individual arrow on Twin and Triple Arrow have a chance to proc on hit effects. This was tested with both the Masterful Archery bleed and the "25% chance to slow the target for 5 seconds when you hit" affix on Kree-Hyper Optics. I angled my shot so the arrows would hit different targets - it was possible for none, one or both of the targets to be afflicted by bleed and/or slow.

7) The proc chance of each arrow appears to be normalized; the proc coefficient for each individual arrow of Twin Arrow is about .5 and for Triple Arrow is .33. Here are the exact numbers from the very short test I ran. Again this was tested by angling the shots so each arrow hit only one target:

• Quick Arrow: Out of 100 arrows fired, 23 slowed the target. (~23% slow/shot)
  • Twin Arrow: Out of 100 arrows fired, 14 slowed the target. (~28% slow/shot)
  • Triple Arrow: Out of 100 arrows fired, 8 slowed the target. (~24% slow/shot)

So each shot would appear to have the same chance of proc'ing any effect, assuming all arrows hit.

I think that's it for now. It would be interesting if someone could check the proc coefficient on Wave of Arrows, and if it scales down as you skill up. I didn't have the patience or the extra points to test either of these things. (The only reason I have Wave of Arrows at all is a piece of Grants gear.) At the very least, each individual arrow of Wave of Arrows has a chance to proc. If it has a somewhat healthy coefficient that doesn't scale down, it might be viable to use a proc-based build with higher ranks of the skill.

·