Categories

Hero Roster 2.x

Location Flarkin' Space!Posts: 486 Amazing
edited January 2015

It occurs to me that I should update this post.

What it is:

This post provides a link to a tool that you can use to create an interactive hero roster, as seen at the bottom of my post. This is the second iteration of this tool, and it is greatly improved.

The page to generate a sig is here:

www.seanwmcginnis.com/marvelheroes/configuresig.html

Credits:

This tool builds on the great work already done by zztodd, comixfan, and snapsys for interactive hero rosters; I just wanted something slightly different, and this is the result. The images are pillaged (for the most part) from zztodd's Interactive Hero Roster 2.0, found here:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/42635/interactive-hero-roster-2-0

This tool also has many features that are the brainchildren of posters in this thread. They are awesome, and very tolerant of the bugs I am continuously introducing. So special thanks to @docslax, @Corodius, @witchkingg, @Bartl, and anyone else that I am forgetting. Thanks!

Features:

• The level shows up on the image. This is the main reason I started on this.
  • Tooltips! There used to not be tooltips, but now there are.
  • Flair! Those little icons in the upper right. I use it to show what team insignia my guys are using, or to star who I'm currently playing.
  • Links! A pleasant side effect of the tooltip code is that you can add links. Look at Wolverine or Torch in my sig below -- it links to the builds! Snazzy!
  • Costumes! Thanks to @zztodd all of the costumes to date are in the database, and are obsessively updated.
  • Source flair! Show where you got your characters -- did you lay down cold hard cash, or did you spin the wheel of fate with random boxes?
  • Drag-and-drop interface! Put the characters where you want them! Spell dirty words, if it can be done with fewer than 29 pixels! (p.s. Please don't spell dirty words -- I don't need Gazillion to block my site)
  • Prestige! For the truly hardcore, let your freak flag fly with appropriately-colored level text!
  • Fonts! Show your level in old-school Fantastic Font, or new-school Avengers font, or...Arial. Whoo-hoo...look at the lack of serifs on that bad boy.
  • Bugs! I break the config page on a regular basis. Fortunately, I very rarely break the sig page. Also, I am very prompt about fixing things.
  • New features! This is how we get new bugs! Suggest a feature, and I might implement it if it's not too hard.

There are many sigs available, and this is one of them. Thanks for looking!

ArmoredLocation Meanwhile...Posts: 1,532 Fantastic

Agreed, this thing is pretty awesome!

Voice acting thread: Loki, Colossus, and more!

Here's my band, too: The Hate Ash Buried

Location Southwest FloridaPosts: 319 Amazing

@seanwmcginnis said:
I'm pondering where Gambit and Ghost Rider should go...try to squeeze 14 characters per row, or start a third row? Opinions?

Please no 3rd row unless absolutely necessary :-S

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea
Location Southwest FloridaPosts: 319 Amazing

@seanwmcginnis said:
Thanks for the feedback!

That sounds like an awesome idea!
<:-P

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea
True BelieverLocation Between two fernsPosts: 3,531 Uncanny

Sweet! Looks good man. Awesome work!

True BelieverLocation 616 Marvel Universe, United Kingdom.Posts: 541 Amazing

Thanks @seanwmcginnis :D. I love it :x

True BelieverPosts: 498 Amazing
edited November 2013

I used it a few days ago when I found your original post on it. Worked like a charm! Great work!

Is there a way for you to add a link at the bottom of the roster to this and/or zztodd's post? I would proudly sport it so more people would know where to get it.

Fearless LeaderLocation Swingin' over Manhattan Posts: 961 Amazing

Wow, nicely done! Hello again there me buckoh, @Voxgizer!

True BelieverLocation Mojo WorldPosts: 509 Amazing

Added Black Panther Vibranium.

Black Panther Vibranium Armor: http://tinyurl.com/BPVIBRAN

Team-Ups

Total Hero Levels 2042/2280

True BelieverLocation Waiting for Nightcrawler Bamf VFX fix since JanuaryPosts: 18,487 Cosmic
edited November 2013

Fantastic work, sean. Thanks so much for this! :)

Needs Wolverine and X-Men style fonts, though ;)

The Unofficial Costume Threads Thread
for all your Marvel costume ideas!

Wanted Playable ◎ Pyro ◎ Ka-Zar ◎ Havok ◎ Angel ◎ Banshee ◎ Falcon ◎ Gladiator ◎
◎ Devil Dinosaur ◎ Guardian ◎ Captain Britain ◎ Avalanche ◎ Jack-of-Hearts ◎ Hellstorm ◎
◎ Werewolf By Night ◎ Quicksilver ◎ Machine Man ◎ Quake ◎ Black Knight ◎ Sunfire ◎
◎ Silver Samurai ◎ Corsair ◎ Darkstar ◎ Quasar ◎ Maverick ◎ Dazzler ◎ Groot ◎

Wanted Villains ◎ Arcade ◎ Vulcan ◎ Wendigo ◎ The Sack ◎
Wanted CostumesRocket DogMarvel 'Girl'ProletarianSentinel Squad ONE
Wanted Pets ◎ Lockheed ◎ Cr'reee ◎ Zabu ◎ Sassafrass ◎ Stan Lee ◎
Wanted Team-Ups ◎ FalconDaytripperLockheedThingStan Lee
Location Flarkin' Space!Posts: 486 Amazing

@Comixfan said:
Needs Wolverine and X-Men style fonts, though ;)

I was able to find a Wolverine font, and I added it -- it's almost completely illegible, though, so some further tweaking might be needed to make it work.

No luck on the X-Men font, though.

I also updated the image table -- thanks, @zztodd !