Categories

Friday Summary (10/13) - Spider-Woman, Civil War, & More!

edited October 13

Hi All,

We've got some cool news to share this Friday!

CIVIL WAR RETURNS

Next Thursday, we're happy to announce that in place of the Cosmic Chaos event we originally had on the October schedule, we are bringing back the Civil War event!

Madripoor Bazaar Chase - Maria Hill and S.H.I.E.L.D have been busy tracking Crossbones and have located him in a heavily populated Bazaar located in Madripoor. Many innocent civilians are trapped and only our heroes can go in and help them! The chase ends with a confrontation with Crossbones that will have a very polarizing effect on the world and their opinions on super heroes.

Civil War! - After the events of Madripoor, lines are drawn between Super Heroes and you must choose a side! Raise you influence with your team by doing daily missions and hunting down Super Villains. Will you do what it takes to ensure your side is the winning side, even if it means fighting other Super Heroes?

Tournament - Prove your allegiance by working with other players in a Civil War tournament, where the rewards are not based on individual placement, but team performance!

Bonus Experience - 150% server-side bonus Experience for all heroes!

FIRST LOOK: SPIDER-WOMAN

@MichaelMayhem breaks down a brief overview of Spider-Woman for us! We've also unveiled a model screenshot of the alt costume as well alongside the default costume.

Spider-Woman development is in its final stages, with all of her powers, traits, talents, and mechanics finished and in our QA team’s hands for final playtesting. We know many of you are excited for this hero and we are looking forward to your feedback.

Spider-Woman uses a mix of melee and ranged attacks, and has heavy themes of debuffs and crowd control. Applying damage over time or crowd control effects, then using other powers to exploit and combo into those effects, are a large part of how Spider-Woman will play as you level her. When talents unlock, her playstyle is more in your hands - you may choose to play her as a more agile brawler, a Venom blaster, make her crowd control effects more potent, or mix and match these components to create your own interpretation.

More details and previews will become available as we get closer to her launch, which is tentatively planned for release with the Omega patch by November 23.

THOR: RAGNAROK COSTUME PREVIEW

We're also really excited to announce that there will be an update on consoles and PC inspired by Marvel's Thor: Ragnarok. Although certain content like any Omega Prestige Heroes won't be part of the update for PC, PC Players will get new costumes inspired by the movie, along with Age of Apocalypse costumes! There's more in store for this Thor PC update, and we're happy to announce that this update is included in the Omega patch, still slated to release by November 23rd.

For a sneak peek, check out one of the costumes inspired by Thor: Ragnarok below!

In the same update we'll also be updating Loki's Classic costume with a new look:

We really hope you've enjoyed this Friday summary update. We're striving to give PC as much as we can as we ramp up for the big Omega patch update. Next Friday we'll have a Q&A with common questions we gather. Have a great weekend everyone!

Follow Marvel Heroes Omega!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Twitch

Location EuropePosts: 1,433 Fantastic

You're doing a great job with these, @AgentPilot. I do like Ragnarok:Loki.

Sure hope Civil War works for everybody this time -- I have not so great memories of the bugs last time.

Do you mind? I'm trying to learn about the Okapi.

Classic Loki looks great.

#makeunibeamgreatagain

Pro FounderPosts: 1,769 Cosmic

Thanks, your efforts are appreciated.

If I may be so bold, having the OP tuning update go out with the Q&A would have been a great idea; even delaying the Q&A for yet another day to have that at hand would have probably gone over better.

"I'm born of smokeless Fire. I bend my knee to no God nor any child of Man."

@Rasetsu said:

@AgentPilot said:

@Rasetsu said:

@AgentPilot said:
Next Friday we'll have a Q&A with common questions we gather. Have a great weekend everyone!

@Rasetsu said:

@agentfenixion said :
Hey guys,

We expected there would be some followup questions and requests for information. This is obviously one of those topics and part of what I've been doing tonight is observing some of what's come out of both Q&As on both forums. I know there's some speculation and some concern here, so we're going to try to get some more detail and clarity regarding what was meant with regards to the Omega Prestige tuning.

Hello, so you have posted this yesterday on the console forum and I would like to know if we have to repost our question again here if we have posted them in the one of the last 4 threads (The initial omega patch delay announcement, the first modmentat thread, the second modmentat thread and then the official thread which was meant to gather questions for the Q&A stream) ?

Thanks.

Here's an Omega Prestige Tuning update!

https://forums.marvelheroesomega.com/discussion/9917/new-omega-prestige-tuning-details#latest

thanks but what about my question ?

Oh I see, we'll dig it up no problem, thanks!

Follow Marvel Heroes Omega!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Twitch

Fearless LeaderPosts: 6,709 Cosmic

Good update, ty @AgentPilot & ty Gaz

Location Daily Bugle BuildingPosts: 2,997 Cosmic
edited October 13

@AgentPilot said:

@Rasetsu said:

@AgentPilot said:
Next Friday we'll have a Q&A with common questions we gather. Have a great weekend everyone!

@Rasetsu said:

@agentfenixion said :
Hey guys,

We expected there would be some followup questions and requests for information. This is obviously one of those topics and part of what I've been doing tonight is observing some of what's come out of both Q&As on both forums. I know there's some speculation and some concern here, so we're going to try to get some more detail and clarity regarding what was meant with regards to the Omega Prestige tuning.

Hello, so you have posted this yesterday on the console forum and I would like to know if we have to repost our question again here if we have posted them in the one of the last 4 threads (The initial omega patch delay announcement, the first modmentat thread, the second modmentat thread and then the official thread which was meant to gather questions for the Q&A stream) ?

Thanks.

Here's an Omega Prestige Tuning update!

https://forums.marvelheroesomega.com/discussion/9917/new-omega-prestige-tuning-details#latest

Hmm,..the front loading is alright alright. GJ.

Are Visuals still a part of it? Deeper in?

"Toad Men, Byrne?? Toad Men? I thought the cover was just a gag! I was all set for the Kree or the Skrulls... or even the crummy Kryloreans! But you stick me with the Toad Men??" ---Jennifer Walters

WelbyFlickr Cosplay pics
[VIDEO] My Random MMO vids.

Location The Realm EternalPosts: 322 Amazing
edited October 13

@AgentPilot

What about Unworthy Thor (some sneak peak)? I thought he would appear before Spider-Woman.
Is Thor getting a revamp from console?
Are You going to release VU's for Thor costumes too (especially classic, modern and king Thor)?
It would be cool if You released a pack of VU's for Thor costumes similar to "Logan event".
Thanks in advance for any info.

@ThorGodOfStrength said:
@AgentPilot

What about Unworthy Thor (some sneak peak)? I thought he will appear before Spider-Woman.
Is Thor getting a revamp from console?
Are You going to release VU's for Thor costumes too (especially classic, modern and king Thor)?
It would be cool if You released a pack of VU's for Thor costumes similar to "Logan event".
Thanks in advance for any info.

The stated that Thor is going to come out 2 weeks or so after Spider woman. They didn't want to release 2 chrs at once (I think its so they don't eat sales of one another)

Location Daily Bugle BuildingPosts: 2,997 Cosmic
edited October 13

@AgentPilot " a Prestigious Loot Box, which is similar in contents and distribution to the Mysterious Loot Box , "

Currently these are Boss Artifacts( I assume You mean Crimson,..not BLue( which is Uniques(i.e.removed))).

Would make it sweeter if the Omega Prestigious Loot Boxes contained a COSMIC version of them instead :wink:

And thanks for Civil War.

"Toad Men, Byrne?? Toad Men? I thought the cover was just a gag! I was all set for the Kree or the Skrulls... or even the crummy Kryloreans! But you stick me with the Toad Men??" ---Jennifer Walters

WelbyFlickr Cosplay pics
[VIDEO] My Random MMO vids.

OH wow!!!! Thanks very much for this @AgentPilot....... was wondering when were you guys planning on returning this event....

" It's geeks who really make or break a TV show or movie or video game. "

-STAN LEE, The Washington Post, July 23, 2010

Great update. Very excited to see more of all of this.

Sentinel of LibertyPosts: 2,108 Cosmic

@AgentPilot

Nice work with the update

@MichaelMayhem

Seeing as how Spider-Woman looks to be a hybrid nightmare melee/range/handtohand/energy I can see her being a nightmare to gear for. Is that being taken into consideration? Seeing as how the console legendaries are so narrow in damage types, as well as Omega gear affixes.

Also does Loki still use spirit? or has his resource been revised? He can't sustain a Gram build without significant gearing, and that's been an issue.

Location In denialPosts: 330 Amazing

I love that Loki Ragnorak costume! Which artist do we have to thank?