Categories

CEO & EP Q&A Announcement

Location Between the Hammer and the AnvilPosts: 21,945 Cosmic

@Tzeentch said:

@Chopstyx said:
You guys are harsh. It was just a live-stream of the game with a few questions answered, it wasn't going to be a press conference or grand jury presentation. I'm not sure how it got elevated to a integration, but that was never going to happen.

You are right, but you are also wrong. This was basically the moment everyone choose as the defining 'let's see if they can turn things around' moment, and they quite literally gave us the finger and ran away. While there might be some good questions and answers tomorrow, they went out of their way to say for weeks now 'we are going to get better!' and then they drop the ball and punt it back into the woods.

Plus, the odds of us getting better answers goes up this way. CEO's don't typically know everything a department head would know, so as long as they pass the question to the correct person we'll do fine. Written answers would make it easier to follow, have more detail, and something we can refer back to and share.

Doesn't change anything. It's like saying that i will be giving you a nice roasted pork dinner and than coming back after we ordered and saying 'well we don't have pork, but we have steak and i'm telling you it's better so you will have it instead'.

Aside from the Marvel licence question, I don't see any reason Gaz should be answering anything.

SHOULD? You are right again, but also wrong as this company was night and day different years ago when it came to how they treated, respected, communicated, and worked with the community. Quite honestly this game would have died in the first year if they hadn't been that way, it was a mess at launch. Horrible. It was the forumites and Gaz being awesome that kept the game afloat, and now that they no longer need this community life raft to stay above the water line... they are stabbing it full of holes and tossing it to the kraken.

I'll be damned if i'm going to be eaten by a kraken!

FYI, I'm not, never have been nor most likely ever will be Doomsaw.

MutatedLocation BostonPosts: 15,904 Cosmic

@BabylonPaladin said:

@Tzeentch said:

@Chopstyx said:
You guys are harsh. It was just a live-stream of the game with a few questions answered, it wasn't going to be a press conference or grand jury presentation. I'm not sure how it got elevated to a integration, but that was never going to happen.

You are right, but you are also wrong. This was basically the moment everyone choose as the defining 'let's see if they can turn things around' moment, and they quite literally gave us the finger and ran away. While there might be some good questions and answers tomorrow, they went out of their way to say for weeks now 'we are going to get better!' and then they drop the ball and punt it back into the woods.

Plus, the odds of us getting better answers goes up this way. CEO's don't typically know everything a department head would know, so as long as they pass the question to the correct person we'll do fine. Written answers would make it easier to follow, have more detail, and something we can refer back to and share.

Doesn't change anything. It's like saying that i will be giving you a nice roasted pork dinner and than coming back after we ordered and saying 'well we don't have pork, but we have steak and i'm telling you it's better so you will have it instead'.

Aside from the Marvel licence question, I don't see any reason Gaz should be answering anything.

SHOULD? You are right again, but also wrong as this company was night and day different years ago when it came to how they treated, respected, communicated, and worked with the community. Quite honestly this game would have died in the first year if they hadn't been that way, it was a mess at launch. Horrible. It was the forumites and Gaz being awesome that kept the game afloat, and now that they no longer need this community life raft to stay above the water line... they are stabbing it full of holes and tossing it to the kraken.

I'll be damned if i'm going to be eaten by a kraken!

FYI, I'm not, never have been nor most likely ever will be Doomsaw.

Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

Location Between the Hammer and the AnvilPosts: 21,945 Cosmic

@BabylonPaladin said:

@Chopstyx said:

The gif that keeps on giving.

@RogueXxXHerald

@wotrick said:

@SamuRonX said:

@wotrick said:

@AgentPilot said:
Hi All,

I've got good news and bad news on the CEO & EP Q&A Live stream. The bad news is that there was some last minute unexpected scheduling conflicts, and we can't do the stream when we wanted to this week. The good news is that rather than keep delaying things, we are putting the final touches on the questions and answers - and this will all be posted tomorrow near the latter part of the working day on the forums.

We'll still look to do and have some cool live stream opportunities coming up very soon, and we think you're definitely going to find some hard hitting questions and answers tomorrow as we continue striving to increase our communication with you, the players we are so thankful for.

I'm sorry but this is a special kind of horsedookie. Whether intended or not gives a great impression of the company's opinion on PC status. CEO shows up on console stream to give a reach around and makes an impassioned plea that is typically reserved for judges at an arraignment and then passes the buck to answer the questions.... Because lets be honest if "scheduling" prevented the stream, brohammer ain't sitting at a keyboard answering the questions, except for those tough ones like fixing whatever weird visual Ironman costume #57 has going on.

Nice job. Instead of carrying on with this farce just post the PC status now. Either it was extended or not. There is no in between.

I look forward to your inevitable banning. :lol:

Given what I wanted to say, I think that I was quite reserved.

I've never known you to show such restraint! My hat is off to you, good sir!

Thank you, Mystery Gifter, for the Age of Ultron and Heroes for Hire Fortune Cards!
create your own wishlist! | check out my guide to Story Mode shortcuts! | enter the DevBlog giveaway!

Location Be Better #metoo DVD's are an obsolete format in todays mediaPosts: 8,475 Cosmic

@SamuRonX said:

@wotrick said:

@SamuRonX said:

@wotrick said:

@AgentPilot said:
Hi All,

I've got good news and bad news on the CEO & EP Q&A Live stream. The bad news is that there was some last minute unexpected scheduling conflicts, and we can't do the stream when we wanted to this week. The good news is that rather than keep delaying things, we are putting the final touches on the questions and answers - and this will all be posted tomorrow near the latter part of the working day on the forums.

We'll still look to do and have some cool live stream opportunities coming up very soon, and we think you're definitely going to find some hard hitting questions and answers tomorrow as we continue striving to increase our communication with you, the players we are so thankful for.

I'm sorry but this is a special kind of horsedookie. Whether intended or not gives a great impression of the company's opinion on PC status. CEO shows up on console stream to give a reach around and makes an impassioned plea that is typically reserved for judges at an arraignment and then passes the buck to answer the questions.... Because lets be honest if "scheduling" prevented the stream, brohammer ain't sitting at a keyboard answering the questions, except for those tough ones like fixing whatever weird visual Ironman costume #57 has going on.

Nice job. Instead of carrying on with this farce just post the PC status now. Either it was extended or not. There is no in between.

I look forward to your inevitable banning. :lol:

Given what I wanted to say, I think that I was quite reserved.

I've never known you to show such restraint! My hat is off to you, good sir!

Well Frank doesn't need to deal with that type of sheet

check the tweets for insight https://twitter.com/FatZackMorris

Ask your local CoKHead about CoKTalk if you want

@Kittyattack said:

@xanderbigzz said:

@Kittyattack said:
I think its cute that people actually think he ducked out because of the questions.

How can anything surprise.

As for " last minute conflicts" 14 days notice is NOT last minute.

Well with the big scandal in Hollywood, I'm sure the CEO wants to lay low.

Wutever do you mean? :confused: :wink:

Thank you, Mystery Gifter, for the Age of Ultron and Heroes for Hire Fortune Cards!
create your own wishlist! | check out my guide to Story Mode shortcuts! | enter the DevBlog giveaway!