Categories

Friday Summary (9/29) - Featuring the Costume Closet!

edited September 29

Hi all,

This week will be the first of our revised Friday weekly threads!

As mentioned last week, we're looking to improve the content of these threads to bring everyone more previews, developer insights and more interesting content each week.

These threads will alternate each week with the main dish either being a sneak preview of some upcoming content, or answers directly from the developers. On the weeks where we show off upcoming content, we'll also open the floor to your questions, which we'll draw from to bring you those developer comments the following week.

This week, we'll be showing off a quick look at the new Costume Closet feature coming to PC with the Omega patch.

Let's get started!

CURRENT EVENT: COSMIC CHAOS

This week the Cosmic Chaos event is live on the PC servers, and will run through October 4th. If you have any heroes you're looking to bring up to Cosmic prestige or just looking to score some extra loot from Cosmic terminals, this is the event to do it!

DEV BLOG: ON KEYWORDS AND OMEGA ITEMS

@MichaelMayhem recently stopped by the PC forums to post some developer insights regarding the design decisions and iteration path for the keyword changes and Omega Item systems coming to PC with the Omega patch.

If you missed it, you can find the dev blog here:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/328224/dev-blog-on-keywords-and-omega-items/p1

He also took the time to answer quite a few questions in detail, so it's a good read if you're interested in the design process behind some of the changes coming to these systems in the future.

COSTUME CLOSET PREVIEW

We wanted to bring you an inside look at some screenshots of the upcoming Costume Closet that's slated to be part of the PC Omega patch.

When the Omega patch releases on PC, costumes will no longer be items that you equip to your hero like other gear slots. Instead, the first time you log into your account after the Omega patch, we'll scan all of your inventory and S.T.A.S.H. and automatically move all of your available costumes into our new Costume Closet feature.

To access the Costume Closet, all you'll need to do is press a hotkey (currently Y by default) or click the new Costumes icon in the lower left-hand menu to bring up the Costumes panel:

From here you'll be able to select from any of the available costumes you have unlocked for that hero and instantly swap to your favorite one whenever you want!

You'll also be able to select from any other heroes in your roster from the drop down menu at the top of the Costumes panel if you want to change any of your other heroes' costumes.

After the Omega patch you'll never have to keep track of your costumes in your S.T.A.S.H. again and will always have access to your full costume selection at your fingertips.

Couple other notes regarding costumes in the Omega patch:

• Since costumes are no longer "items" in the traditional sense, we won't be granting a copy of your hero's default costume upon completing a Prestige. This does also mean that the "costume blender" recipe will be retired since you'll no longer have costumes to insert into this recipe.

• When we do the scan across your inventory & S.T.A.S.H. upon first login, if you have multiple duplicate costumes on your account, we'll grant your account 1 random costume unlock that you don't currently own for every 3 duplicate costumes on your account, so these duplicate costumes don't go to waste. If there are 1 or 2 duplicate costumes left on your account after this process, we'll unlock one additional random costume that you don't currently own so the "remainder" is not discarded.

• The way costumes will be acquired is not changing in the PC version after the Omega patch. The majority of costumes will still be sold directly in the in-game store, with occasional Fortune Card exclusive costumes and "limited time" costumes that are not always available but can be purchased directly (for example Punisher's Frankencastle costume).

There's obviously going to be a ton more in the Omega patch that we'll drive to bring to the forums as we ramp up to this update that releases in November.

QUESTIONS FOR THE DEVELOPERS

Curious about how something in Marvel Heroes Omega gets made? Maybe you want to know why a certain power works the way that it does, how a new item gets created from scratch, or just want to know why Alex Williams needs all that hair gel - we'll gather questions from this week's thread and take them directly to the developers who know the answers. We'll bring those direct quotes from the developers back for next week's Friday thread, so leave your questions here in this thread!

Note that we also have a livestream planned with the CEO and executive producer where they'll be answering broader questions about the future of Marvel Heroes Omega. If you have a question that you think would be better answered there, you can post them here:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/328211/ceo-and-ep-q-a-live-stream#latest

That's all for this week. Have a great weekend everyone!

Follow Marvel Heroes Omega!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Twitch

Looks awesome! Can't wait to try this out!

I asked before hand and was told that Captain America : Winter Soldiers costume where one had the red shield and one had the blue would be identified by "the scan" as a separate costume is this still the case?

Also is their any surprise VU's dropping we don't know about in the Omega patch?
Great write up!

True BelieverPosts: 495 Amazing

@wfp9 said:
great job with these updates. really liking your style.

a few questions about costume closet:

1. when the game scans for what costume you have will it be necessary to have a default costume or would this be considered a "dupe?"

2. with the random box what happens to people who already have all costumes when the patch changeover occurs does this get paid forward to future releases or is there some other form of compensation?

3. what happens when you get dupe costumes from fc's, fc currency, gifts, etc?

Good questions!!! In the resume: what happen then we get a dupe costume from any source (Cards, Boxes, Drop)?

Another question: A lot of players sell his defaut costume for a lot of reasons and now don't have then. They will get the defaut for free? Or will not have the defaut anymore? And if then get the defaut for free, the ones who still has defaut costumes as itens will get another to became random costume (because if not is really unfair and we can transform yours defaut costumes now)?

edited September 30

About those images that you have posted @AgentPilot posing Captain America and Luke Cage: Every time we acess the Costume Closet we will see our heroes (like in consoles) or they are just decorative pictures?

PS.: Congrats for this very informative post!

Location FrancePosts: 330 Amazing
edited September 30

@wfp9 said:
great job with these updates. really liking your style.

a few questions about costume closet:

1. when the game scans for what costume you have will it be necessary to have a default costume or would this be considered a "dupe?"

2. with the random box what happens to people who already have all costumes when the patch changeover occurs does this get paid forward to future releases or is there some other form of compensation?

3. what happens when you get dupe costumes from fc's, fc currency, gifts, etc?

It's a "random costume unlock that you don't currently own", not a random costume box.

Some good questions already, we'll try to answer what we can, will need to double-check with the team.

Follow Marvel Heroes Omega!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Twitch

@CIZeRo said:
My Angela has no custome at the moment. So will i have a nude Angela soon? :-D Would be totally worth removing a few others if it works this way.

This was my yearly pervert moment. Enjoy.

The worst thing is that Angela are in this game since October 2016 and she only have her default and her second costume. When you compare her situation with Captain America Costume Closet we can see how she has been ignored...

edited September 30

@AgentPilot said:
Since costumes are no longer "items" in the traditional sense, we won't be granting a copy of your hero's default costume upon completing a Prestige. This does also mean that the "costume blender" recipe will be retired since you'll no longer have costumes to insert into this recipe.

Does this mean we will get the default costume automatically granted for free when the costume closet comes out? I cosmic prestiged my Deadpool, Spider-Man, and Carnage and crafted all 6 prestige default costumes, and the base default costume for each one of them, so I have 0 defaults for those 3 heroes, so will I get wrecked come the Omega Patch and my Carnage and Spidey won't have access to their defaults? Cause you can't buy default's in the store as of the time of writing this.

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

@CIZeRo said:

@Cavalcanti said:

@CIZeRo said:
My Angela has no custome at the moment. So will i have a nude Angela soon? :-D Would be totally worth removing a few others if it works this way.

This was my yearly pervert moment. Enjoy.

The worst thing is that Angela are in this game since October 2016 and she only have her default and her second costume. When you compare her situation with Captain America Costume Closet we can see how she has been ignored...

No, the worst thing is that i might not get a nude Angela.

Well, she is almost naked in her default. There is almost nothing left to imagine