Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
Our Big 10 event is now live, and so are our Big 10 sales! Get 50% off all Heroes, Costumes, Team-Ups and Pets in the in-game store for a limited time!

Friday Summary - 9/1

Hey folks,

I'll be taking over the Friday Summaries for the time being. Unfortunately, for this week I don't have any new art goodies to reveal, but there are a few upcoming topics to cover, and I can try to answer some questions you folks might have beyond that.

EXTENDED MAINTENANCE - 9/7

As the banner message at the top of the forum indicates, there will be a slightly longer than normal maintenance period next Thursday, Sept. 7th. Servers will be unavailable starting at 6 AM PDT and maintenance is scheduled to last for up to 5 hours (11 AM PDT).

TEST CENTER - 9/1

A new build is currently on Test Center as of this afternoon. This patch will be deployed during the maintenance on 9/7, and will be a very small patch only for the purposes of ending the Defenders event currently active on the live servers.

SEPTEMBER EVENT SCHEDULE

Next week after the Labor Day weekend, we'll post up the full September event schedule. For now, though, we can say that (as you may have noticed) currently Operation Omega is active alongside the Defenders event and will run until 9/7, after which Cosmic Chaos will run from 9/7 to 9/14.

As mentioned above, the Defenders event will also be ending on 9/7 when the 6 AM PDT maintenance begins. This will be your last week to collect any Orders of the Hand and pick up the event rewards, so make sure to grab what you want before the event is over!

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

Location FrancePosts: 315 Amazing

Any ETA on the famous Omega Patch on Test Center please ?
Is the Apocalypse Terminal still planned for this month ?

Have a great weekend !

GuardianLocation The RaccooniversePosts: 7,067 Cosmic
edited September 1

@vthree said:

Asros said the Omega patch would be October, at the earliest. (I'm somewhat surprised you didn't know that - you're here a lot more than me. Heh)

And to answer someone else's question, PC will not have Omega prestige until "sometime after" that patch. So, maybe late October?

Thanks to @BabylonPaladin for the "Magic" card; RIP Permanent Groot summon 2014-2017

@Leowyld said:

@vthree said:

Asros said the Omega patch would be October, at the earliest. (I'm somewhat surprised you didn't know that - you're here a lot more than me. Heh)

And to answer someone else's question, PC will not have Omega prestige until sometime after that patch.

Yes, the patch is tentative scheduled for October. But they also said it will take a lot of TC time due to lots of new things and changes. I am asking about the schedule for TC.

@vthree said:

Yes, the patch is tentative scheduled for October. But they also said it will take a lot of TC time due to lots of new things and changes. I am asking about the schedule for TC.

To be fair, your post when I said that just said you expected the patch in September.

Thanks to @BabylonPaladin for the "Magic" card; RIP Permanent Groot summon 2014-2017

@Leowyld said:

@vthree said:

To be fair, your post when I said that just said you expected the patch in September.

I think you might have missed the 'on TC' part when referring to September.

@vthree said:

I think you might have missed the 'on TC' part when referring to September.

If it was there, then, yes, I missed it.

edited September 1

@AgentVapor said:

Thanks for the answers. Understand that it is hard to give from dates giving the amount of moving parts for this patch.

Also understand that features might be pulled out last minute due to change. I am not really asking for a full features list. But there must be some features that are pretty much done and will definitely ship.

And yes, I am sure players would like to see it in action on TC rather than just a blog/announcement. But like you said, the TC date isn't close enough to even give an ETA yet. So some information before TC is ready would be appreciated.

edited September 1

Are Omega items still planned to be part of the Omega patch? Seems an obvious question but I see a possibility that they could be delayed to focus on getting ready for Omega prestige on PC.

Edit P.S.: With Omega prestige having character-specific legendaries and increasing stats, I would actually not be too surprised if Omega items have been delayed or cancelled. I saw something said somewhere that hinted something major had been scrapped. (Won't be more specific than that but Omega items was the first thing I thought of when I saw it.)

edited September 2

@Leowyld said:
Are Omega items still planned to be part of the Omega patch? Seems an obvious question but I see a possibility that they could be delayed to focus on getting ready for Omega prestige on PC.

Edit P.S.: With Omega prestige having character-specific legendaries and increasing stats, I would actually not be too surprised if Omega items have been delayed or cancelled.

@asros said previously that omega items were being implemented at a good clip and can't wait for us to see them (items not worked on by @asros btw) but they are a bit different from the item dev blog. Which makes sense since that was close to a year ago and was very prelim anyways.

So I would be really surprise if omega items weren't included in the omega patch in some form. Maybe not the full implementation but again, that is usually true to items anyways. artifacts are never really 'done' in the sense new items will get added.

@vthree said:

I certainly could be wrong. I don't care much, either way. I can use uniques on PC and I do well enough with my cosmics on console (and if Rocket Raccoon is added to Omega prestige on console before Omega items, I won't have a good opportunity to hunt for them for a long time, anyway)

@AgentVapor said:
Hey folks,

I'll be taking over the Friday Summaries for the time being. Unfortunately, for this week I don't have any new art goodies to reveal, but there are a few upcoming topics to cover, and I can try to answer some questions you folks might have beyond that.

EXTENDED MAINTENANCE - 9/7

As the banner message at the top of the forum indicates, there will be a slightly longer than normal maintenance period next Thursday, Sept. 7th. Servers will be unavailable starting at 6 AM PDT and maintenance is scheduled to last for up to 5 hours (11 AM PDT).

TEST CENTER - 9/1

A new build is currently on Test Center as of this afternoon. This patch will be deployed during the maintenance on 9/7, and will be a very small patch only for the purposes of ending the Defenders event currently active on the live servers.

SEPTEMBER EVENT SCHEDULE

Next week after the Labor Day weekend, we'll post up the full September event schedule. For now, though, we can say that (as you may have noticed) currently Operation Omega is active alongside the Defenders event and will run until 9/7, after which Cosmic Chaos will run from 9/7 to 9/14.

As mentioned above, the Defenders event will also be ending on 9/7 when the 6 AM PDT maintenance begins. This will be your last week to collect any Orders of the Hand and pick up the event rewards, so make sure to grab what you want before the event is over!

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

aw, i was hoping with patch we could maybe get mystic mayhem.

Location The List Of JerichoPosts: 1,706 Fantastic

@AgentVapor said:

SEPTEMBER EVENT SCHEDULE

I can't wait for Cosmic Chaos! I got 5 cosmic's I wanna work on, probably will only finish 2 though but that is still better then nothing!

Join Actual Mutants today!
My TankMaster build!
My Ranged Tasky build!
Don't be stupid, be a smarty! Come and join the Say Wut? party!
Say Wut?: Then - Now - Forever

AgentPosts: 2,256 Fantastic

@Tobbie said:

@vthree said:
@agentvapor

A couple questions.

1) Regarding the omega patch, since it is tentatively scheduled for release in October but due to the nature an number of additons, plenty of TC time will be needed. Will we get the omega patch on TC sometime in September? I understand that things can change due but is the target date still septemeber for Omega patch on TC?

2) why has there been so little communicated about the omega patch? While I understand that you guys might not want to release all the details because things can change. There must be some things that are already set. The fact that the details of the omega prestige was released 1 day before the release on console was surprising because it looks like there is no time to give feedback. Orren said we would have an update on the progress via stream or AMA in a few weeks (was said a couple weeks ago), is that still on track within the next couple weeks?

Id like to echo these comments. One of the things I hear a lot of people that use to play the game and were thinking about coming back say "If they are withholding all information this close to release then it must be bad"

One of the things that Gaz is doing extremely poor at even after @orren said he was going to try to fix months ago was communication. Orren went out of his way to say he is trying to earn our trust back but All the good will from that QA is gone with the majority of the player base by now. As @vthree said announcing something 2 days before it releases is not something that makes me think the game is on good footing.

Hype is a very big deal in the video game industry. How many people do you see buy early access because they believe in the end goal of the product. PoE is masterful at releasing information to get their player base excited for the next league and evidently their numbers show that it works.

Back before Danger Room a lot of guildies would still be playing and still paying gaz money because the prospect of DR was so fun to them that they had something to look forward to. Right now we have nothing to look forward to. You guys are so tight lipped that no one even knows what the heck is in this next patch.

Now I don't want to say your guys marketing strategy is bad but you guys are not apple. You cant just have a conference and then release something new the same day. You need to build hype and let word of mouth get to as many people as possible. There was a hissy fit on the forums about Omega prestige. Instead of getting in front of the issue you guys went silent and let the negative crowd take over the conversation to the detriment of your company.

Totally agree!

I like to look forward to something.

The Omega Prestige release is such a shock to me. There was very little communication about the Omega Prestige.