Categories

Hero Ladder Rankings This Thread is obsolete. See new thread.

Askani'sonPosts: 694 Amazing

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! :) Also, good work on the new formatting.

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken."-Oscar Wilde

True BelieverLocation Marvel LandPosts: 856 Amazing

Some comments about Cyclops (level 56) and Black Panther (level 48) -

As Cyclops I have felt almost 0 drop-off with the spirit "fix", I never have trouble with spirit (TY rico blast). I can enter ANY game mode and rock (MM, X-DEf, Cows). I am excellent vs Bosses and honestly "feel" like my damage output is unmatched mostly (OD does 13k+ to the entire screen). It seems like a lot of people are down on him, but I just don't get it.

As Black Panther I have to be very careful, MM X-Def and Cow level are extremely tough on him and you better be on your toes or splat! He doesn't have enough defense to last in the middle of a big mob, so your forced to edge fight and use triple throw and Doras.

I could play Cyclops with 1-1/2 hands while I need 3 for BP :)

Yes I do have a 1% LL core on Cyclops, but to me its not a huge difference for comparisons sake as Cyclops can actually take HUGE advantage of this type of core as to where BP doesn't get the same bang for the buck.

edited October 2013

I think Jean Grey definitely needs 5/5 on ease. Unless you're enough of a masochist to play non-Phoenix, she requires almost no skill. I think her defense could be higher as well (maybe 18/20). She has 50% mitigation on top of regular defense and LL built into her powers.

I don't think she should be #1, so you probably have to take points away from somewhere else. That's the only downside to the new ranking system.

EDIT: Hulk could use a higher AoE rating (7/10). His Earthquake Leap is still pretty devastating to packs of enemies.

Also, I'm not sure that every aspect you outlined before makes sense as part of the final ranking. For example, what does Stability mean for the worst heroes? The worst heroes are the ones who will receive a rework, so their score is likely to change. You would thus need to give them a low stability, further depressing their score, but not in a way that means what you intend it to.

Location Owosso, MIPosts: 167 Incredible

Like the new structure, keep up the excellent work here, everyone.

RIP Reckoning ):
Askani'sonPosts: 694 Amazing

@IronManswer said:
I think Jean Grey definitely needs 5/5 on ease. Unless you're enough of a masochist to play non-Phoenix, she requires almost no skill.

But then that would imply that all Jean players only use Phoenix. I don't just out of personal preference and its actually been pretty good. Not as spectacular of course, but it allows me more freedom in choosing multiple skills. The play style definitely requires you to keep on your toes. I think a 3 fits her pretty well though. A 4 might be feasible if you have good gear as Non-Phoenix, but since not everyone does it will most likely just remain where it is.

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken."-Oscar Wilde

I agree to a point.

STability is an "immediate" valuation. So its for the short term changes more than long term ones. As well it indicated the variance of opinions from contributors. So, if I have several dissenting opinions on a Hero or if I think the next patch will bring a positive/negative change, the stability goes down.

But Emma also has a low stability and some low ranked Heroes have a high stability, because I believe for now they are going to remain where they are. That said, I did think about making it out of 3 pts. instead of 5 and putting the 2 pts. elsewhere, just not sure where, maybe make late game out of 6.

@IronManswer said:
Also, I'm not sure that every aspect you outlined before makes sense as part of the final ranking. For example, what does Stability mean for the worst heroes? The worst heroes are the ones who will receive a rework, so their score is likely to change. You would thus need to give them a low stability, further depressing their score, but not in a way that means what you intend it to.

On Punisher you nailed it! I think his AoE is a bit higher, however. You must consider that most viable builds for Frank utilize Flechette Blast and Deadly Barrage and Chemical Mine and even Flamethrower. Mind you, these are all "area powers." Frank's DPS is attained from his area powers. I love the grade for his DPS (13/15) which places him right behind the DPS champs of the game, in Cable and Emma. I believe it warranted that because his dps is attained from AOE, then his grade should be higher.

That's all! I love the new format. I look forward to staying involved with this thread as it continues to evolve.

edited October 2013

Well you could recalculate my numbers make sure I added up everything correctly. I started to get a little foggy at the end :)

@JLAEST said:
Exqzr

With this new idea this ranking has just gone from awesome to super uber awesome. Congratulations man! If you need any help with this tell me.

And btw, Emma's Stab is misplaced :P.

edited October 2013

@Exqzr said:
6. Iron Man
Category Scores (Oct 10th)
Design 17/20
Stab 5/5
Ease 3/5
Farm 3/5
Early 2/3
Mid 3/3
Late 4/4
DPS 12/15
AOE 7/10
CC 5/10
Def 13/20
Int 13/15

DPS should be atleast 14 he deals alot of damage

Aoe 10/10 his aoe is just massive

CC 10/10 pulse bolt stuns almost everything forever

Def 18/20 his force shield negate 50% damage and he has high base defs on gears

Int 15/15 almost everyone has him now

I like the new layout and the relative rankings of all the heroes.

Cable 19/20 Design

Design (20): This point value represents the general quality of design of the Hero. I.e. creative skill trees, not buggy, interesting versatility, interaction between gear and skills, community feedback and Gaz response etc.

Creative Skill Trees: LOL, Not Buggy: LOL, Versatility: LOL

HarryTasker feedback: 25/20

Location Charlize Theron's dreamsPosts: 6,523 Cosmic

@Layuth said:
Cable 19/20 Design

Design (20): This point value represents the general quality of design of the Hero. I.e. creative skill trees, not buggy, interesting versatility, interaction between gear and skills, community feedback and Gaz response etc.

Creative Skill Trees: LOL, Not Buggy: LOL, Versatility: LOL

HarryTasker feedback: 25/20

Cable only has 3 bugs as of 1.32 (that I've found) and 1 of them is not exclusive to him.

Location Planet EarthPosts: 455 Amazing

Thank you for updating/maintaining/improving the rankings.

Past wave 15 in X-def you can get an idea on hero survivability . Besides Emma which is already rated higher , Cable is nowhere near as durable as Jean and Iron-Man at the very least .

edited October 2013

@Makulu said:

Past wave 15 in X-def you can get an idea on hero survivability . Besides Emma which is already rated higher , Cable is nowhere near as durable as Jean and Iron-Man at the very least .

Agree thats why ironman can dish out more damage in a long term run without dying or running around

Location Charlize Theron's dreamsPosts: 6,523 Cosmic

@Makulu said:

Cable has better defense and defensive options than IM. Cable can reach nearly 60% damage mitigation+guaranteed projectile deflection.

However, Scarlet Witch is the real queen of X-Defense.

How does Cable have better mitigation and defensive options ? Iron-Man with Shield up has as much armor as Cable with Telekinetic Shield , 3590 damage absorb and 50 % damage negated . Cable has projectile deflection which i wouldnt really need on IM since i can just tank them and some passive dodge which is not really that impressive at this point in the game .

As Cable you need to keep refreshing your shields as IM you have one shield that pretty much stays on the whole time with Adaptive Defenses .

So its pretty much IM with damage absorb , 50 % damage negated , shield capacity regen , health regen and spirit regen vs Cable with dodge and projectile deflection .

Agree on SW .