Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

What The Gaming Industry Doesn't See

Location Behind YouPosts: 471 Amazing

In all my life I played games like this with my friends. Some of them have learning disabilities, they love games. As of lately I have been noticing that is just about every game system, games are designed for people with some geek and nerd status, as if it were done out of favoritism. Sometimes, I find myself seeing that some of the people I know with learning disabilities and others out there keeps asking, if some parts of games can offer different options When the geeks and nerds sees that the person (and people) with learning disabilities made it a request, why does the geek and nerds call them slurs and call them trolls when they're seeking better options for better game playing? Then those geeks and nerds do what they can to shut them down. Are the people with developmental disabilities (with learning disabilities) even welcomed in a gamers' environment? Don't shut them down, embrace who and what they are.

Some people use the anonymous and distant nature of the internet to behave much worse than they would in person. And a few people are just as bad in real life as in virtual worlds.

The problems are that it only takes a small minority of players to make you think "games" are like that, and that online games can't afford to have full-time human moderators to step in and smack them down.

True BelieverLocation Sitting with the Omega GearPosts: 2,182 Fantastic
edited July 27

@Maggotbreath said:
Asking people to be more compassionate by insulting them.

well done! Laughed like a crazy person. The picture was perfect.

@Wolfencat the whole "Geek and Nerd" thing has really lost it's meaning. At this point in society you are technically a nerd/geek if you view anything with more enthusiasm than the average person. Really love sports, know all the trivia and stats of the teams in that sport? You sir, are technically a "Sports Geek/Nerd." Shocking, I know, but this is pretty much what that word has become in our society.

The "geeks and nerds" you are referring to are normally not of that mold at all, they are usually very immature and most of the time very unknowledgeable people who just nod and agree with actual people of knowledge to look like they have a clue.

Farewell F4

edited July 27

first world problems...

Companies can't really do anything about attitudes though.

Look at Smash Bros.: There's a lot of elitism around that series, and for what? Nintendo refuses to back the professional scene because they never intended them to be anything more than fun party games you can pick up and play with friends. But the pro scene still exists regardless of Nintendo's wishes, complete with all the elitism we usually see in the pro scene.

Location Behind YouPosts: 471 Amazing

@Maggotbreath said:

Well, considering the fact that today's Geeks and Nerds are becoming the kind of people they have advocated against in history's past. The awareness is real.

ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation Sinking ship called Florida.Posts: 858 Amazing

Back when i played swtor, had a pug that ignored the fights and would drag the boss out of the room or grab extra mobs. During which time it would claim to have downs.
Somehow this made it ok to waste other people's time?

Location Darkside of the DeathstarPosts: 2,457 Fantastic

You seem to be judging and categorizing people in games of judging and categorizing the people you're making an attempt to defend. I think your heart is in the right place, but your tactics are suspect.

HOLY CRAP DUMP VANILLA ALREADY!!

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 8,572 Cosmic

As a jock, I find it impossible to relate to this post in any way.

Just kidding

I self-identify as a nerd & geek.

My #1 Request: Soldier Supreme Hero Variant

Apply for Church membership HERE

#WotrickBulgeMaster2015 #DiamondCapes2016 #CauliflowerHeroes2017

R.I.P. TranzAnatomie Long live Payneshu!

@Wolfencat said:

@Maggotbreath said:

Well, considering the fact that today's Geeks and Nerds are becoming the kind of people they have advocated against in history's past. The awareness is real.

Do you fail to see thats what youre doing?
This trying to catch more flies with Trash Panda! than honey works; but only points out that you are what you detest.
Anyway, thanks for the +1 to my post count.
Tagging @BabylonPaladin, but hoping the thread is closed before he sees it. Keep the streak alive!

Location I'm not the second coming, I'm the first wave.Posts: 11,436 Cosmic

@Lono said:

@Wolfencat said:

@Maggotbreath said:

Do you fail to see thats what youre doing?
This trying to catch more flies with Trash Panda! than honey works; but only points out that you are what you detest.
Anyway, thanks for the +1 to my post count.
Tagging @BabylonPaladin, but hoping the thread is closed before he sees it. Keep the streak alive!

Look at his post history.

Location Magna PoloniaPosts: 162 Incredible

Guys...being called a geek/nerd offends you...?
I luv sci-fi,fantasy,cyberpunk,comic books and video games,always did,I am geeky/nerdy nobody ever was able to even slightly anger me by calling me that,if you do maybe you have a problem with your self-acceptance / self-image? js...

As for OP here how it goes:

Either higher skill people,will have to lower their game to the "slowest kid in class"(no offense meant) or the bottom will have to get better,to reach the top kid.The first route even though to many seems like something noble,its not,its very negative and extremely regressive - Sadly that route has already been taken,every major financially succesfull game is casualized as much as possible.Some examples?Overwatch,Heoroes of the storm,Battlefront EA(when compared to Battlefront 2),even MH is casual.The downside is that the easier the game the faster it gets boring - you find those games to be hard? IDK maybe try Puzzle quest or something like that(not being mean just realistic).