Categories

[Feedback Request] Nick Fury Feedback

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,521 Staff

Ahoy-hoy folks,

Let's start some feedback for Nick Fury. Sorry for not getting this thread up sooner.

• What are your favorite powers or design aspects of Nick Fury? What are your least favorite? Is there a particular power that you enjoy using more than any others, or is there a unique playstyle element to Nick Fury that makes you enjoy them more than other heroes? Are there any powers or Talents that you simply don't like or never use, and if so, why?

• Do you have any suggestions that you think would make Nick Fury even more fun to play? The more specific you can be, the better! This can be anything from a change to an existing power, a completely new power or game play mechanic, or even cosmetic changes that you just think would look cool!

• How do you currently customize your Talents and Traits on Nick Fury? Please be as specific as possible here; is there a particular build you prefer to use over the other options? Feel free to post a screenshot of your favorite Talents & Traits setup!

• Are there any bugs that apply specifically to Nick Fury that you'd like to report? If there is a specific power, resource mechanic or hero-specific Unique that you have noticed not working as expected for Nick Fury, please let us know here.

If there's anything else you'd like to give feedback on that is not covered by the above questions, please feel free to add whatever you think we should know.

Thanks!

Community Manager
Twitter: Pudgyboi
Asterisk = Subject to Change
Have a Suggestion or Feedback for MH? PM me!
Follow MH on Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, YouTube, etc.

Yin
Yin
CovertLocation On a date with Lady DeadpoolPosts: 6,816 Cosmic

Good job...

-Fury needs a damage boost, his dps is kinda bad;
-The non-summon talents should be more attactive and impactful on gameplay. The ammo type idea suggested by @Poland is awesome;

[BUG REPORT]
When you swtich to another map/instance, the extra charges provived by Bandolier talent are removed. You need to reload to get them back.

Askani'sonLocation .noPosts: 657 Amazing

I like Redwing and the rifle. I don't think it's far fetched that a guy with no powers uses guns.
I'm not a huge fan of passive summons, tho I use them because the alternatives didn't fit my playstyle.

Don't know Fury enough to be able to suggest any new powers or anything.

sigh

What are your favorite powers or design aspects of Nick Fury? What are your least favorite?

This is THE problem, none of his powers are interesting or powerful. They are all boring, recycled, generic powers that doesn't represent Nick Fury at all.

As lackuster as Black Bolt is, his sig and ult are at least satisfying and feels powerful.

With Nick Fury, a master strategist with the human resources and technology from S.H.I.E.L.D.
Why have him shooting a gun like any other soldiers? Why Punisher's weaponry feels more advanced and diverse then Nick's? All the gun powers + the his ammo mechanic is a pain in the Trash Panda! .
If you guys wanted a weapon tree, come up with new and advanced/ crazy experimental weapons for him. I don't care if it's laser guns or light saber, anything is better than the current set.

The summons. Why are they locked behind talents? Not one of them but all of them. Generic shield summons should be active powers in the second tree with talents to further enhance them.
The talents should provide buffs to shield summon, or to turn them into other summon power that calls in big name Avengers/X-men/The Helicarrier support.

Signature and Ult. What's that? Seriously I don't get it. They are simply trash in my opinion.
I think his Signature power could be calling in the helicarrier for a bomb run in a large area. Make it rains. Rename it Project Insight or something, referencing the MCU.

His Ult should be The Watcher's Eye, referencing the comic. The badass moment where Nick defeated all the heroes by himself. This power reveling all the sins in the world. All enemies are considered weakened and vulnerable. dealing 20% less damage and taking 20% more damage for 5s. Providing an empower buff to all allies for 5-10s. The next 10 attacks from Nick has the execute affix, guarantee crit, + a big damage buff for Nick Fury himself.

That's more like a Ultimate power.

Right now the only good thing about Nick Fury is that he looks OK.

Alright let's dig in.

Fury is almost fun the elements are there but the overuse of Cooldowns/charges, ammo and poor skill flow really hurt him.

I really like the idea of Fury being a one man war kind of character with SHIELD agents and aerial attacks which are there but don't mesh very well.
I should be able have my summons and still call in Redwing.

Ammo reload on roll.
First summon trait summons the SHIELD agents the others customises them.
His Signature should be at the cursor not around him.
Lola feels too fast and weak when she's called in she could do a longer pass like Coulson's version.
Talents could allow for a random proc for the Hellicarrier to attack in the same way Star Lord's Strafe works.
Fewer Charges/Cooldowns
Change his Ultimate into a nuke drop from the Hellicarrier (but bigger than Punisher/Hellicarriers) (maybe change his current one into a regular move, replacing one of the machine gun spenders)
Replace War Machine with a Fighter Jet.
Add better Stealth options possibly through Talents swapping out Born Director for a stealth skill.

FOLLOW THROUGH GAZILLION FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FOLLOW THROUGH

edited July 22

What are your favorite powers or design aspects of Nick Fury? What are your least favorite?

I'm a Keith David fan so his voice will always be a plus for me!

Nick's ammo implementation feels quite awkward a lot of the time though. Contributing factors include:

1. Needing to slot Fresh Clips to avoid reload periods and reliably refresh weapon charges.
  2. Needing to spend 75%+ ammo every 10 seconds to lower Fresh Clips' cooldown.
  3. If you don't slot Fresh Clips, refreshing weapon charges is reliant on how quickly you can expend all your ammo.
  4. Points 2 and 3 mean that increasing max ammo can feel counterproductive.
  5. Periods where there's nothing to do but wait to reload unless you slot Triple Tap

His summon build would be richer if he could summon more named SHIELD agents and had more interaction with his summons. That said, it looks weird when Dum Dum's duration expires and he ropes away only to drop back down immediately afterwards. This isn't so bad with faceless agents because it could be different agents relieving each other for all we know.

The effectiveness of Fireteam - Espirit De Corps is directly proportional to how many of his other Fireteam talents are taken. I'm not a fan of heavily dependant talents in general because they limit build variety.

Do you have any suggestions that you think would make Nick Fury even more fun to play?

Quoting from an earlier thread about ammo improvements:

There are several changes that I believe would significantly improve Fury's ammo implementation that should be possible with current tech. Similar changes may help Punisher out as well.

First, Open Fire can be activated while reloading. Doing so makes Fury shoot his pistol at a lower rate of fire instead of using his rifle. The tech used for switching the animation/properties of Carnage's melee basic should allow this to be implemented smoothly as follows:

• Fury would be in a "Reloading" stance while reloading, and be in a "Reloaded" stance while not reloading.
  • This power plays a pistol firing animation and has no ammo cost while in "Reloading" stance.
  • This power plays a rifle firing animation and has greatly increased base attack speed while in "Reloaded" stance.

Triple Tap can remain as a separate power. In contrast, the new Open Fire would only fire one shot at a time from his pistol (instead of Triple Tap's three shots) and would lack Triple Tap's brutal chance/bonus damage while reloading. This would retain Triple Tap's niche as his strongest filler attack during reload periods.

Second, when charge-consuming attacks (like Target Down) use all their charges up, swap their hotkey with Fresh Clips until charges are restored. E.g. say you have Target Down on hotkey D with 1 charge remaining and shoot an enemy with it. If that enemy dies (refunding the charge you just spent), Target Down remains on hotkey D with 1 charge remaining. But if the enemy survives (causing Target Down to be stuck at 0 charges), hotkey D changes to Fresh clips. Activating Fresh Clips (assuming it is off cooldown) returns Target Down to hotkey D when Target Down's charge(s) are restored.

X-23's Dancing Blades triggers a buff when its last charge is spent. Hopefully its tech can be used to achieve the above effect.

Third, Fresh Clips' cooldown is no longer dependant on ammo % but fixed at 8 seconds. A talent could possibly raise this to 12-16 seconds in exchange for doubling the number of charges reloaded as well as a substantial max ammo increase. Not having to worry about depleting ammo before reloading opens up a flexible power rotation where we may freely switch the order we use our charge-consuming powers in between activations of fresh clips, unlike standard multiple cooldown rotations where trying to switch the order of powers incurs a delay while waiting for cooldowns to line up again. All this without having to dedicate a hotkey to Fresh Clips alone!

If extra incentive is needed to be careful about when we activate Fresh Clips, it could restore X% of Fury's missing health or inflict 10% vuln to nearby enemies for 8 seconds.

Songbird   Songbird Hero Concept  
- updated 20/March/2017  
Crystal Hero Concept  
- updated 12/July/2017  
Cloak & Dagger Concept  
- updated 12/March/2017  
Mystique Hero Concept  
- updated 30/January/2017  
Winter Soldier Feedback
- updated 2/August/2017
Black Bolt Feedback
- updated 23/March/2017
Boss Adjustment/Power Ideas
- updated 23/March/2017
Casual PvP Arena Discussion
- updated 17/March/2015
MutatedLocation BostonPosts: 15,745 Cosmic

I don't believe any changes are coming. I feel like this is just giving false hope.

I give his release, the ignoring of everything related to him since than, and the 5 changes since his first beta test as justification for my feelings.

edited July 22

@KomoriMan said:

• Do you have any suggestions that you think would make Nick Fury even more fun to play? The more specific you can be, the better! This can be anything from a change to an existing power, a completely new power or game play mechanic, or even cosmetic changes that you just think would look cool!

"Even more fun" ? Sorry but there is really nohing for me that makes him fun, but the worst
offenders are

• reload mechanism
  • charges that don't recharge before you reload
  • reload that must be used under 25% if you don't want to have charges to have 15+ seconds cooldown
  • skills with only ONE charge that only recharge after waiting 15s for a freakin reload
  • did i already meantion charges and reload ?

So .. sorry for beeing maybe a little rude .. but this is such a horrible annoying mechanism
that simply took all the worst from Punisher without giving him any good things from him.

Oh also ..

• having only ranged summons that often don't even attack when you stand at range to your target

@Tzeentch said:
I don't believe any changes are coming. I feel like this is just giving false hope.

I give his release, the ignoring of everything related to him since than, and the 5 changes since his first beta test as justification for my feelings.

I hope he (and Winter Soldier and Black Bolt) get update passes prior to their console release at least. Assuming they do get released on console and the updates are shared with PC.

Songbird   Songbird Hero Concept  
- updated 20/March/2017  
Crystal Hero Concept  
- updated 12/July/2017  
Cloak & Dagger Concept  
- updated 12/March/2017  
Mystique Hero Concept  
- updated 30/January/2017  
Winter Soldier Feedback
- updated 2/August/2017
Black Bolt Feedback
- updated 23/March/2017
Boss Adjustment/Power Ideas
- updated 23/March/2017
Casual PvP Arena Discussion
- updated 17/March/2015

The only things I particularly like about him is his pistol basic, his AOE grenade power (which the talent to change it does not function ocorrectly), Keith Davids, the stealth dash, and the removed ability to spam END IT.

I don't mess around with his summon tree too much because I wanted to run him solo. A lot of his animations on their own seem a bit unfinished or awkward compared to other heroes.

Location I'm in Dead Island, battling zombies to survive.Posts: 4,550 Fantastic

Fury, as he is designed now, seems so plain as to leave very little impression on me. I recall using a couple of his grenades as my main offense - but these have little impact, both in terms of power and VFX - plus a few gun powers, but the varieties seem both uninteresting and also ineffective. I got Fury to cosmic 60 and I found the whole design forgettable. It's impossible for me to give specifics about what I was using because his design simply was not memorable enough. I didn't enjoy the different ways I tried Fury. The Gaz design team does a lot of great work, so I do not disparage the design team as the job is challenging, so while Fury will benefit from this extra design, I only mean my discussion as constructive.

Specific Suggestions to Improve Fury
[1] Replace ammo mechanic. That is the absolute worst resource in the game with the way reloading works to either take up a power slot or only recharge once empty. This ammo resource often makes me swap out the character that I would otherwise play. The headache of the ammo resource is the polar opposite compared to the ease of use of Carnage, Ice Man, Black Widow and more.

[2] Fury needs some powers with a real Bang effect. Ideas like a grenade that makes a big explosion, and could leave a ring of VFX fire like the ring Human Torch leaves when he throws a F4 ring on the ground. Sometimes when he throws it he could say "fire in the hole" (just for laughs!). Another power that could have a bang effect could be a rocket launcher or calling in an airborne strike like Starlord can. (If these are already Fury powers they have I've already forgotten them.)

[3] If you ever add new lines, add some funny lines like "Let's get this mother-flippin' Hydra off this mother-flippin' plane" and "Do they speak English in What?" Because Samuel L. Jackson is funny. Always bet on Blade? Yeah, but this cat Fury, he's one bad mutha- (Shut your mouth) but I'm talking bout Fury (dig it).

My feedback adds only a few points to work with. But my point here is that [1] Fury as designed now is quite plain, [2] powers with POW would sure make a better Fury, and [3] get mutha-flippin' Hydra off this plane. Good luck Gaz team!

True BelieverPosts: 762 Amazing
edited July 22

Nick needs major surgery per @cavalcanti post, and not weak half-measures.

Hats off to komoriman, that while Gaz is brutally aware that they blew the fury release, he takes on the task of opening this thread knowing exactly the expected response from everyone. Must feel a little like:

Now go please fix this poor brotha.