Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers will be unavailable on 9/21 at 6 AM PDT for server maintenance. Downtime is expected to last up to 5 hours.

Friday Summary - 7/7

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,521 Staff
edited July 11

Ahoy-hoy folks,

Test Center and Patch News

Test Center is available for you this weekend! Jump in and give Carnage a try. We also put up the Carnage Forums!

We have a scheduled server downtime on Tuesday (7/11) for some back-end work on our servers. On Thursday (7/13), we have server downtime planned to bring in Carnage! More confirmations to come.

Update! We will be pushing Carnage to release now on Tuesday (7/18). A new TC build is planned to go up today with some fixes to the new character.

Current Patch Notes

Friendly Reminder: If you notice ANY bugs, please @ AgentVapor or myself. This can apply to power bugs, visual bugs, event bugs... any kind of bugs really.

MARVEL HEROES OMEGA

Starting today July 7, 2017, Marvel Heroes 2016 (the PC version) becomes Marvel Heroes Omega to better align with the recently released Xbox One and PlayStation 4 console releases.

Having the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One games under one brand prevents confusion and moves toward releasing future updates that are more in-tune with one another. Like many successful cross-platform free-to-play titles, it is our intent that the PC version of Marvel Heroes Omega remains the lead product.

Spider-Man: Homecoming Content and Terminal! The event lasts until 7/12

New Location:

• Terminal: Daily Bugle (Level 20 minimum requirement to unlock)

New Missions:

Legendary:

• Vulture’s Vengeance (Level 20 minimum requirement)

Daily Bugle Event (Account):

• Speak to S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Stan Lee in the Avengers Tower for your next assignment.

Daily Bugle Beatdown

• Reward - Daily Bugle Press Badge (Artifact)

New Items:

Legendary:

• Vulture’s scavenged some Alien Tech and cobbled together a new Legendary Item

Medallions:

• Vulture rummaged through the trash heap and brought his own Medallion with him
    *The Sinister Six have created a Unique Medallion that represents their membership since Otto’s calculations are a little off, and there’s clearly way more than six of them.

Artifacts:

• Vulture, Green Goblin, Tombstone and Kraven have become jealous of the rest of the Sinister (can these guys even say) Six and brought Artifacts of their own with them!
  • Additionally, The Sinister (way more than) Six have stolen Spider-Man’s Webbed Wings! (Artifact)

Newspapers! Read all about it!

The Spider-Menace is headlining several Bugle Newspapers which can be found from any enemy in the Operation!

June 28th until July 12th

• 50% Bonus Experience for all Heroes!
  • Additional 100% Bonus Experience when playing Iron Man or Spider-Man!

Quick Updates & Known Issues

We recently showed off a new costume for Carnage... Spider Carnage!

For those affected by the Nvidia Issue... follow these steps.
1) right click the Nvidia icon in the bottom right corner
2) Open Nvidia control panel
3) go to Manage 3D settings
4) Program Settings
5) Click Add
6) look for MarveHeroesOmega.exe (locations depends on if you use steam or not)
7) on the drop down menu under it (number 2) select High-performance Nvidia processor
8) hit Apply

To be Continued...

Community Manager
Twitter: Pudgyboi
Asterisk = Subject to Change
Have a Suggestion or Feedback for MH? PM me!
Follow MH on Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, YouTube, etc.

edited July 7

Nothing new but I guess we've had enough spoilers.

When is Carnage set to release?

edited July 21

? ?

edited July 7

@MoonShield said:
Nothing new but I guess we've had enough spoilers.

When is Carnage set to release?

It's in this summary : Next thursday.

We have a scheduled server downtime on Tuesday (7/11) for some back-end work on our servers. On Thursday (7/13), we have server downtime planned to bring in Carnage! More confirmations to come.

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

patches two weeks in a row?!

Thank you, Mystery Gifter, for the Age of Ultron and Heroes for Hire Fortune Cards!
create your own wishlist! | check out my guide to Story Mode shortcuts! | enter the DevBlog giveaway!

True BelieverPosts: 2,891 Cosmic

@SamuRonX said:

Not sure why they don't hold off the back end server stuff till the patch with carnage and just do it all at once instead of downtime over two different days.

@asros @komoriman When are you guys putting up the carnage presale pack?

@Kodan said:

@SamuRonX said:

Not sure why they don't hold off the back end server stuff till the patch with carnage and just do it all at once instead of downtime over two different days.

my educated guess: probably too risky to do it all at once. and there's probably some db dependencies that requires it to be done sequentially instead of in parallel.

also, I'm actually happy to see more attention being paid to PC. patches every week used to be the norm.

Thank you, Mystery Gifter, for the Age of Ultron and Heroes for Hire Fortune Cards!
create your own wishlist! | check out my guide to Story Mode shortcuts! | enter the DevBlog giveaway!

True BelieverPosts: 111 Incredible

Is the terminal permanent or going away at the end of the event?

photo SWIRLEY FINISHED Copy_zpscmfu3ebb.png

Askani'sonLocation Austin, TXPosts: 2,546 Cosmic

Since it's been revealed that the next heroes to be added to the console version are Elektra and Nightcrawler, can we expect any VU's or QoL's for these two characters anytime soon?

@Psimitar said:
Since it's been revealed that the next heroes to be added to the console version are Elektra and Nightcrawler, can we expect any VU's or QoL's for these two characters anytime soon?

Elektra is new enough to not need a VU and some of the Nightcrawler costumes have had work done on them so probably not.

You didn't mention the new Pyro, Gorgon and Viper VUs in game.
I couldn't get a good look at Viper in game is there a prerendered image for them?

Askani'sonLocation Austin, TXPosts: 2,546 Cosmic

@Kodan said:

@Psimitar said:

Elektra is new enough to not need a VU and some of the Nightcrawler costumes have had work done on them so probably not.

That's okay. The only VU's I'm interested in are Cable's (Deadpool 2 release date?). I'm more interested in any QoL's or hero re-works that seems to have ground to a halt.

Unless... the hero is about to launch on the console.

edited July 7

@Psimitar said:

@Kodan said:

@Psimitar said:

That's okay. The only VU's I'm interested in are Cable's (Deadpool 2 release date?). I'm more interested in any QoL's or hero re-works that seems to have ground to a halt.

Unless... the hero is about to launch on the console.

it would be nice if the heroes that are launched on console could also receive an update on PC but the problem is that the heroes on console and on PC are different (Because of the crowd control revamp and also because of the fact that they don't have the exact same guidelines, for example on console heroes don't have attack which are leaving AoE dot on the ground, but we still have those kind of attack here. That's why even characters who have not received massive revamp on the console version still don't have the same affixe on their powers or have different cooldowns etc).

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,521 Staff

@Rasetsu said:
Hello @KomoriMan , How are you doing ? I hope your vacation went well.

Now that both console versions have launched and that the PC version has been rebranded, can you talk a little about the Bosses and mobs update devblog please ? As far as I know the last update on the status of this devblog was this :

Regarding the developer blog for mobs & bosses, that will still in the works. It's safe to say that we won't post it until after our Xbox One release. This will be the same for tweaks to our lower tier heroes.

Also if you don't mind, can you update us about what you are planning or not planning to port from the console version to the PC version in the future ? @Orren (now called @Jessedev ) said that you wanted to bring "as much as possible" (and that he would give us update about all of this) but it's rather vague. I understand if you still don't know what you will be able to port in the end but can you talk about what you already know won't be ported ? (either because it's not possible or because the team doesn't want to)

Thanks.

Have a good day.

I don't have much of an update for either. Since I got back, I'm catching up on everything so I can probably give you a slightly better answer on Monday. Sorry.

@Kodan said:

We are hoping for early next week.

Community Manager
Twitter: Pudgyboi
Asterisk = Subject to Change
Have a Suggestion or Feedback for MH? PM me!
Follow MH on Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, YouTube, etc.

BubPosts: 266 Amazing

Kraven's stomach/chest looks real weird to me

@DeiseKeane said:
Kraven's stomach/chest looks real weird to me

Location Zika infested FloridaPosts: 1,120 Fantastic
edited July 7

Don't forget to mention the newest hero, AKA Spider-Woman!

@KomoriMan said:

@Rasetsu said:
Hello @KomoriMan , How are you doing ? I hope your vacation went well.

Now that both console versions have launched and that the PC version has been rebranded, can you talk a little about the Bosses and mobs update devblog please ? As far as I know the last update on the status of this devblog was this :

Regarding the developer blog for mobs & bosses, that will still in the works. It's safe to say that we won't post it until after our Xbox One release. This will be the same for tweaks to our lower tier heroes.

Also if you don't mind, can you update us about what you are planning or not planning to port from the console version to the PC version in the future ? @Orren (now called @Jessedev ) said that you wanted to bring "as much as possible" (and that he would give us update about all of this) but it's rather vague. I understand if you still don't know what you will be able to port in the end but can you talk about what you already know won't be ported ? (either because it's not possible or because the team doesn't want to)

Thanks.

Have a good day.

I don't have much of an update for either. Since I got back, I'm catching up on everything so I can probably give you a slightly better answer on Monday. Sorry.

@Kodan said:

We are hoping for early next week.

Any chance of a bundle pack for all 3 heroes this year? I like being able to buy the pack rather then trying to make sure i have money if a hero comes out like carnage will mid month?