Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers will be unavailable on 9/21 at 6 AM PDT for server maintenance. Downtime is expected to last up to 5 hours.

MMORPG Interview with Orren, Creative Director of Marvel Heroes!

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,521 Staff

Ahoy-hoy guys,

Our Creative Director @Orren did an interview with MMORPG regarding the Future of Marvel Heroes!

It echoes a lot of what he and our team said in our PC content time-line thread a couple of weeks ago.

Give it a read!

Community Manager
Twitter: Pudgyboi
Asterisk = Subject to Change
Have a Suggestion or Feedback for MH? PM me!
Follow MH on Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, YouTube, etc.

MutatedLocation BostonPosts: 15,537 Cosmic

Ditto :wink: beat ya by 2 haha

Location the universePosts: 439 Amazing
edited May 17

when orren talks about items in the last question answered about the differences in the console vs the pc, it doesnt mention the amount of "Po-Loot-ion" there is on the pc version and how its been addresses or lack thereof ...... i know changes are coming but im sick of see unique items on the floor im sick of seeing green insignias and rings im sick of seeing loot which has no use at the endgame. i mean why not give everyone max roll uniques from a box u buy from a vendor then stop them dropping! (they are becoming obsolete right call it a gift) why not stop all the items under cosmic grade drop in cosmic difficulty... these sound like easy fixes really for QoL for endgame players. these problems i have mentioned have mired the game since beta and the mentality is to keep doling out "Po-Loot-Splosions" to try and entice people but to me this is the most tedious aspect of the game sifting through all the junk to get junk 99% of the time! Now i dont bother with any loot unless its an rare insignia or artifact.... in a loot based game thats bad and thats why i think players are dissuaded from staying

edit
or even decreasing the despawn timers to something like 30 seconds for both player dropped or items not picked

edited May 17

@BabylonPaladin said:

@Tzeentch said:

Ditto :wink: beat ya by 2 haha

Yeah, saw it as I hit 'Post'. When I clicked there weren't any responses yet.

That said:

FIFY

I starred as Human Torch and ALSO made Cap a total weeny.

Location TexasPosts: 426 Amazing

Since his long post of the roadmap we haven't gotten much communication from anyone. But "significant time" can be taken into many different ways.

Jesse Decker: Well, I'm only one pair of hands, of course; many other staff members also spend significant time interacting with the community.
Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/marvel-heroes-omega/interviews/creative-director-jesse-decker-on-the-future-of-marvel-heroes-1000011737/#GJWUe2gzL5aerbp8.99

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Hero Roster 2.x

Wish List: Anything You don't see here! Your gift will be appreciated and acknowledged here on the forums.

It didn't mention anything about local couch co-op being a possibility for PC. :/

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 8,750 Cosmic

@sadurm said:
Mmorpg asks if they are working on Danger room, holo sim, Xdef etc...

Responds o yea we're going to work on that

The time line for the next 7 months doesn't have mention of work on those things.

I noticed that. I would like to know how that fits into the big picture. Not hard dates even, but ball park how that fits in.

My #1 Request: Soldier Supreme Hero Variant

Apply for Church membership HERE

#WotrickBulgeMaster2015 #DiamondCapes2016 #CauliflowerHeroes2017

R.I.P. TranzAnatomie Long live Payneshu!

@Payneshu said:

@sadurm said:
Mmorpg asks if they are working on Danger room, holo sim, Xdef etc...

Responds o yea we're going to work on that

The time line for the next 7 months doesn't have mention of work on those things.

I noticed that. I would like to know how that fits into the big picture. Not hard dates even, but ball park how that fits in.

Well, they have said that they would consider it for 2018 in the roadmap thread.

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

edited May 17

@Djarkaan said:

Jesse Decker said:
I think Marvel Heroes is a fun button-mashy ARPG with a huge number of characters and build choices. Veteran players are ready for an influx of new content, but there’s already a ton of enemies and game modes. Thinking over the long term, I'd like to increase the quality of the individual gameplay moments, bring in more of the great story threads from the Marvel Universe, and develop a deeper end game while staying true to the fast and fun nature of the game today.

Stopped reading after that. If this is fast and fun, pre-BUE was Super Fast and better than sex. Which is kinda of paradoxal.

I think your about the only one left that is still angry about this... :p

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 8,750 Cosmic

@Orren said:

@Rasetsu said:
The problem with prioritization is that some of those project have been pushed back for 2-3 years already.

I can only adjust and talk about what we can do from here on out. I obviously cannot change the prioritization of the last 2+ years.

We will have to see what you will be able to port in the end.

We are still working on all the details, but based off of reactions from the Q&A thread I'd say our philosophy has shifted more towards "bring as much as possible as soon as possible." I promised to share full details when I have them, and I will.

Again, I really appreciate the cantor. I hope to see all the things talked about come to pass (plus or minus delays for reasonable reasons) just as you guys have said. That would seal the deal for me.

My #1 Request: Soldier Supreme Hero Variant

Apply for Church membership HERE

#WotrickBulgeMaster2015 #DiamondCapes2016 #CauliflowerHeroes2017

R.I.P. TranzAnatomie Long live Payneshu!