Categories

How effective is infinity?

I'm just curious about it, in theory one of the things I like is that even bad chars can in theory be playable with enough infinity, but how much difference does it play. Like if you have someone like storm or scarlet witch wich are considered top tier, how many infinity does it take for he weakest chars to be on par as a scarlet, or storm with 1000 infinity.

This isn't a topic about too fast, too slow gain or such, just a curious how much they can help or effect things. Anyone tried capping out infinity at around 75000 to see how much effect that has?

ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation Sinking ship called Florida.Posts: 1,075 Fantastic

@BabylonPaladin said:
Since the stat rework I'm doubting much of any of it makes a lick of difference. I have my Cap at like 35 fighting or something like that and it still takes him 10+ minutes to kill cosmic Juggy. Shrug

/cry

warning, i may tag the wrong person at anytime.
shoulda picked a different name and it wouldnt happen....

Anyone figured out what is the best path, outside of some heroes that might benefit from lesser used thigns?

Location Near MadripoorPosts: 7,644 Cosmic

Not sure where this one is going though. Say it would take 1500 infinity points for a weak hero to be on par with a strong hero that has 1000 infinity points - hence your question - wouldn't you assign all 1500 infinity points to your strong hero to make him or her stronger?

And you are assuming that both heroes are geared exactly the same level that is appropriate to the build. This could rather be an academic discussion I reckon.

My Marvel Heroes videos in YouTube. I have guides for all heroes. New players friendly too.

Since March 30, 2013 (Closed Beta) · As of Sep 2015 (GMT+8)

@Lace said:
Not sure where this one is going though. Say it would take 1500 infinity points for a weak hero to be on par with a strong hero that has 1000 infinity points - hence your question - wouldn't you assign all 1500 infinity points to your strong hero to make him or her stronger?

And you are assuming that both heroes are geared exactly the same level that is appropriate to the build. This could rather be an academic discussion I reckon.

...because someone might like the weaker char, the point isn't to say, "JUst play scarlet witch she's super special awesome." but say X char is the weakest in the game, but might be the most enjoyable in the game, but they are too squishy or as paladin said, might take 10 mins to kill cosmic juggernaut, wich isn't much fun.

If someone really likes captain america as a hero, they may not care sw can do 20 seconds TTK on juggernaut when captain america can do 1 minute, they just want the time to kill to be where it's not annoying. If I want to farm infinity I go storm, or rocket racoon, if I want fun I try other chars, and only care about ttk when it becomes more of a chore then ejjoyable.

edited May 15

@leopardwing said:

@Lace said:

...because someone might like the weaker char, the point isn't to say, "JUst play scarlet witch she's super special awesome." but say X char is the weakest in the game, but might be the most enjoyable in the game, but they are too squishy or as paladin said, might take 10 mins to kill cosmic juggernaut, wich isn't much fun.

If someone really likes captain america as a hero, they may not care sw can do 20 seconds TTK on juggernaut when captain america can do 1 minute, they just want the time to kill to be where it's not annoying. If I want to farm infinity I go storm, or rocket racoon, if I want fun I try other chars, and only care about ttk when it becomes more of a chore then ejjoyable.

Well, 'become more of a chore' is going to be different for everyone. So it would pretty much not be possible to actually have a number (i.e. 2000 omegas) like you want. Players still play the underpowered heroes at end game so for some players, it isn't a chore. For other players, if it takes them 20 seconds on the Op heroes, then take 25 seconds is still 'a chore'. Not everyone has the same playstyle.

Often times, things are relative. If OP heroes took 50 seconds and your hero takes 60 seconds most players are ok with it. But when OP heroes take 30 seconds, then taking 60 seconds 'becomes' a chore.

Not to mention rewards/loot is a big part of it. While some players might have a specific number 'say 1 minute' and anything beyond that is 'too long'. I think most just look at the rewards/time unless kill times are ridiculously long. Like when CMM was introduced, fights definitely took a lot longer than anything besides raids (cosmic term bosses were dropping in 5-15 seconds for most well geared players). But because the loot was better, players still enjoy running CMM and was very popular mode. Just like when they introduce omega diff, we will probably see kill items to increase significantly but I thinj most well geared players will still run them because of getting omega items.

True BelieverLocation Right herePosts: 4,250 Cosmic

Learning powers/cooldowns/rotations also plays a part. SW in unskilled hands can seem like garbage (like when I play her), but I am doing CDR with SG because I have played her til my eyes (and ears) bleed.

After the infinity change, I am having an easier time all around but, to answer the question, I think it really depends on the player and how well they know the character.

"You can have fun, or you can have safety, but you can't have them both" -a ten year old

Location USAPosts: 1,433 Fantastic
edited May 15

Well there isn't some cap (or rather no one has a staggering amount of infinity points) yet to get some database of ranges OP.

So not sure if there is any concrete answers for you to use.

edited May 15

at around 30k infinity. you can solo raid. i tried around 50k not much happen. just tankier since you mostly only gain dmg from the 2 main attribute. except the 5% proc of increase damage based on attribute. can go up to 288k dmg.

and not all hero get to be "op" even with high infinity. some scale so bad that yes so much that they barely make any differences lol. so in short what is strong and "op" now. just get stronger exponential. while those "weaker" is on linear.

edited May 15

offensively i didnt see much difference until i hit 1400 where i had 50 on the 2 attri each (including gears) and 150 points on each gem
sling ring and invul+medkit takes care of the defense
and u get more defense from cosmic artis

Is there a max number of infinity points?

@SinisterSunrise said:

yes there is for now. 500 on each attribute + all those other nodes.

@xomanowars said:
Well there isn't some cap (or rather no one has a staggering amount of infinity points) yet to get some database of ranges OP.

So not sure if there is any concrete answers for you to use.

75k was the cap pre removal of roundrobin, someone worked it out that it stopped at 500 points in each stat.

@ManaKami said:

@SinisterSunrise said:

is 500 still max? I ws curious if thats max, or if that was just a effect of the round robin.

@vthree said:

@leopardwing said:

@Lace said:

Well, 'become more of a chore' is going to be different for everyone. So it would pretty much not be possible to actually have a number (i.e. 2000 omegas) like you want. Players still play the underpowered heroes at end game so for some players, it isn't a chore. For other players, if it takes them 20 seconds on the Op heroes, then take 25 seconds is still 'a chore'. Not everyone has the same playstyle.

Often times, things are relative. If OP heroes took 50 seconds and your hero takes 60 seconds most players are ok with it. But when OP heroes take 30 seconds, then taking 60 seconds 'becomes' a chore.

Not to mention rewards/loot is a big part of it. While some players might have a specific number 'say 1 minute' and anything beyond that is 'too long'. I think most just look at the rewards/time unless kill times are ridiculously long. Like when CMM was introduced, fights definitely took a lot longer than anything besides raids (cosmic term bosses were dropping in 5-15 seconds for most well geared players). But because the loot was better, players still enjoy running CMM and was very popular mode. Just like when they introduce omega diff, we will probably see kill items to increase significantly but I thinj most well geared players will still run them because of getting omega items.

True, but I remember pre QOL hawkeye from a few years ago that was one of the worst chars to level, he had some neat stuff, but it felt like I was using a spitballs against enemies and fights took way too long. for me the OP chars are useful for getting infinity, but other chars I want to run doing other things.

two places I still find boring are Ultron terminal and doom fights, both because they take so long, and maybe ultron isn't as long as others, but the many bosses and stuff make it feel a chore.

Fun thing about 10k infinity the cost goes from +433k a level to 1, 312 k a level or 1.312 million.

@leopardwing said:

@ManaKami said:

@SinisterSunrise said:

is 500 still max? I ws curious if thats max, or if that was just a effect of the round robin.

yeah still 500 attribute in infinity gem is max. 75000 for all 500 gem. i am not sure if you can get more. but then you also have those other nodes.

Location Earth! Welcome!Posts: 2,951 Cosmic

@ManaKami said:

@leopardwing said:

@ManaKami said:

@SinisterSunrise said:

yeah still 500 attribute in infinity gem is max. 75000 for all 500 gem. i am not sure if you can get more. but then you also have those other nodes.

All told, I'd wager the other nodes are at least another 5k.

One can never tell enough stories...

Stay tuned for the second half of the series!