Categories

Maintenance is complete and the Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

Help on Flickering windows

Location ScarylandPosts: 14 Mighty
edited May 13

All of a sudden (as of Wednesday night)...when i play MH my windows flickers. The game will play good for a minute then flicker where the sound goes out and back...or when in combat...i stop movement and then have to get back in combat. Im wondering should i uninstall and reinstall MH. If i do that...will my account stay as it was???? I play through steam. ...if yall have any thoughts...please help.

Location Black ForestPosts: 4,115 Cosmic

@teekarow302 said:
If i do that...will my account stay as it was????

Yes, it will.

But there is a error search in the properties, if you right click it. No idea what it is called in English.

Location AsgardPosts: 22 Mighty

Mine did that at first, but stopped after a couple of hours. Not sure what I did. :(

Location Have no place I can be, since I found Serenity.Posts: 5,817 Cosmic

Need more infos, what os are you using?

Location Behind you...Posts: 6,396 Cosmic

That sounds more like a system issue than a game issue..but you can go into STEAM and have it verify the install, or if you want uninstall and reinstall it (though I wouldn't do that unless you really feel you have to).

Did anything else on the system update recently? Video drivers, windows itself, anything?

Have you restarted the PC recently? A lot of people, myself included, run their PC's 24/7 and sometimes they can get flaky if they haven't been restarted.

Also if you have anything that checks heat, might want to make sure nothing is running hot. Speedfan is a functional free one if you do not.

@Xethor said:
Need more infos, what os are you using?

Using Win 8.1

@HuntGod said:
That sounds more like a system issue than a game issue..but you can go into STEAM and have it verify the install, or if you want uninstall and reinstall it (though I wouldn't do that unless you really feel you have to).

Did anything else on the system update recently? Video drivers, windows itself, anything?

Have you restarted the PC recently? A lot of people, myself included, run their PC's 24/7 and sometimes they can get flaky if they haven't been restarted.

Also if you have anything that checks heat, might want to make sure nothing is running hot. Speedfan is a functional free one if you do not.

True....I do run my pc all day....but since it has happened i have restarted multiple times. I tried to update drivers myself to fix the problem. Didnt work. Gonna check out speedfan now. Thanks

I cut my pc off for awhile...restarted and game is working properly. I used Speedfan which is a great tool. It seems my game is using a tremendous amount of my cpus capabilities. It went up to 96% at one point. I hope the issue dosent come back. Im scared to cut off MH right now. lol Thanx for the insight folks.

Location Behind you...Posts: 6,396 Cosmic

You can pop open task manager to make sure it's the game that is using all the CPU...what chip are you using?

True BelieverLocation Waiting for Nightcrawler Bamf VFX fix since JanuaryPosts: 17,847 Cosmic

@teekarow302 said:
All of a sudden (as of Wednesday night)...when i play MH my windows flickers. The game will play good for a minute then flicker where the sound goes out and back...or when in combat...i stop movement and then have to get back in combat. Im wondering should i uninstall and reinstall MH. If i do that...will my account stay as it was???? I play through steam. ...if yall have any thoughts...please help.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/categories/technical-support-interface-bug-reports