Categories

Omega Difficulty for Danger Room?

Will there be a harder tier for Danger Room? Cosmic isn't challenging enough anymore.

Location I'm not the second coming, I'm the first wave.Posts: 12,049 Cosmic

Eventually, but I don't think DR will have Omega at omega launch.

It's burried in Orren's thread somewhere.

@Maggotbreath said:
Eventually, but I don't think DR will have Omega at omega launch.

It's burried in Orren's thread somewhere.

Location Wandering the left hand pathPosts: 4,835 Cosmic
edited May 11

There will be eventually, but in order to make it work they need to rework how the hub aswell as the individual chips handle difficulty settings.

Right now DR is set to heroic, thats it. This means that the chips are only a difficulty scale based on heroic. White chips probably equal regular heroic content, then each new chip color increases that difficulty slightly. This results in cosmics being overtuned while also not giving proper rewards. Another effect this has is that our TUs arent as durable as they are supposed to be in cosmic content.

So they really need to go back and alter the hub difficulty to be a neutral value, where the only thing that matters is the color of the chip. As it is right now there is no point having an omega difficulty because the game will not recognize it so we cant get omega gear in there.

An alternative is that could do seperate DR hubs. One that covers white to purple chips, then a seperate for cosmic and once for omega. This would probably let the game recognize the correct difficulty. It would need some tweaking either way so people cant use white to purple chips in cosmic or omega hubs.

@SneakyErvin said:
There will be eventually, but in order to make it work they need to rework how the hub aswell as the individual chips handle difficulty settings.

Right now DR is set to heroic, thats it. This means that the chips are only a difficulty scale based on heroic. White chips probably equal regular heroic content, then each new chip color increases that difficulty slightly. This results in cosmics being overtuned while also not giving proper rewards. Another effect this has is that our TUs arent as durable as they are supposed to be in cosmic content.

So they really need to go back and alter the hub difficulty to be a neutral value, where the only thing that matters is the color of the chip. As it is right now there is no point having an omega difficulty because the game will not recognize it so we cant get omega gear in there.

An alternative is that could do seperate DR hubs. One that covers white to purple chips, then a seperate for cosmic and once for omega. This would probably let the game recognize the correct difficulty. It would need some tweaking either way so people cant use white to purple chips in cosmic or omega hubs.