Categories

Maintenance is complete and the Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

[Official] May Event Schedule

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,333 Staff
edited May 22

I'm back once again to talk about May's event schedule! Here are the events we have planned for you over the course of this month.

Guardians of the Galaxy! 5/4 - 5/10

• Cosmic Chaos bonuses will be active along with 100% XP to Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon
  • Log in Friday-Sunday to get two free Fortune Cards for Gotg Vol. 2 and if you log in Saturday-Sunday, you get a free Baby Groot!

Odin's Bounty!

Starting Thursday, 5/11/2017 @ 12:01PM PST, Odin's Bounty returns and features an amazing bonus loot game mode rotation. Bosses will drop Chests of Odin's Bounty. These chests are loot boxes that you can collect and then open later for an epic lootsplosion! Chests of Odin's Bounty have a high chance to contain Runes and Odin Marks, as well as a chance to drop the Mysterious Crimson Box, which contains rare boss-specific artifacts.

During the applicable rotation phase, bosses will drop Odin's Bounty Chests depending on difficulty & location:

• Normal Patrol/Danger Room - 1 Chest
  • Heroic Bosses/Danger Room - 1 Chests
  • Cosmic Bosses Patrols/Danger Room - 2 Chests

Additionally, everyone has a rare chance to receive Odin's Blessing, which gives your chests special jackpot loot!

Loot Rotation Schedule (PST)

A.R.M.O.R. Incursion Event! 5/18-5/25

Assist Jocasta and the agents of A.R.M.O.R. by defeating threats throughout the game.

Enemies drop a set number of A.R.M.O.R. Drives according to this key:
10 A.R.M.O.R. Drives

• Man-Ape
  • Hyde
  • Red Skull

7 A.R.M.O.R. Drives

• Cosmic Terminal Doctor Doom

5 A.R.M.O.R. Drives

• Normal Terminal Doctor Doom

• All Raid Bosses

• 4 A.R.M.O.R. Drives
  • Mr. Hyde

3 A.R.M.O.R. Drives

• M.O.D.O.K.

2 A.R.M.O.R. Drives

• Loki
  • Terminal Bosses: Kurse, Kingpin, Mandarin, Magneto
  • Kurse and Mega-Sentinel in Midtown

1 A.R.M.O.R. Drive

• Lizard and Kraven in Bronx Zoo
  • Wizard in Wakanda Mines
  • Most Midtown bosses (Kurse and Mega-Sentinel award more)
  • Most Terminal bosses (except Dr. Doom, Kurse, Kingpin, Mandarin and Magneto)
    High Chance of an A.R.M.O.R. Drive (Modified by special item find)
  • Every wave chest in X-Defense and Holo-Sim
  • Most Minibosses within Terminals
  • End chests from Holo-Sim and X-Defense drop a high number of A.R.M.O.R. Drives (based on final wave completed)

Legendary Quests

• All Legendary Quests award A.R.M.O.R. Drives based on their length, just like Odin Marks NOTE:These may show up directly into your currency tab, and not drop on the ground.
    Normal Enemies
  • Normal enemies throughout the game have a small chance of dropping an A.R.M.O.R. Drive. There is no “insurance policy” timer on these drops, so nothing is guaranteed, but this will have a noticeable effect for anyone defeating normal enemies in any zone.

Bonus Drives

• Red Bosses have a small chance of dropping a bonus A.R.M.O.R. Drive
  • Cosmic Bosses have a higher chance of dropping a bonus A.R.M.O.R. Drive (and Doctor Doom simply drops 2 more always)

Operation OMEGA! 5/25-5/31

EVENT DETAILS
S.H.I.E.L.D. has been infiltrated by HYDRA! Agent Coulson, Nick Fury and Dum Dum Dugan have put OPERATION OMEGA in to effect, calling all heroes to help stop HYDRA!

Players will be able to choose a side as either an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. or HYDRA to gather intelligence, battle enemies of each faction and earn exclusive rewards and achievements! Will you support Operation OMEGA and ensure a future for S.H.I.E.L.D. or will you assist HYDRA and attempt to thwart it?

HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Talk to HYDRA Representative Baron Von Lind or S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Rose Solomon in Avengers Tower in order to select which side you want to fight for. Once you have selected a side, you are free to change your selection by talking to either representative at any time during the event.

After selecting your side, Intelligence Reports will drop off of bosses in the different Patrol Modes. Follow the instructions in the Intelligence Report to find a traitor to your faction and obtain faction specific rewards!

AGENT BONUSES
During the course of the event, Agents on both sides gain the following:

• 50% experience boost!
  • 10 Omega Access Files for logging in each day

OTHER OMEGA-LEVEL FEATURES
Agent Coulson continues to offer a daily training mission during Operation Omega. Each day, you can complete five or more waves in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Holo-Sim to receive a reward from him. This will help hone your skills to be prepared for taking on the villainous HYDRA!

S.H.I.E.L.D OMEGA ACCESS FILES
Omega Access files can drop from Intelligence Report boss defeats, but can also be obtained in the following method:

• 10 Omega Access Files just for logging in each day.
  • 30 Omega Access Files for completing Coulson’s training mission each day.
  • 60 Omega Access Files for completing the Shared Quests each day. (20 ea.)

The Mystic Mayhem event has been moved to start on 6/1!

edited May 2

@KomoriMan said:
I'm back once again to talk about May's event schedule! Here are the events we have planned for you over the course of this month.

Guardians of the Galaxy! 5/4 - 5/10

• Cosmic Chaos bonuses will be active along with 100% XP to Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon

Starting Thursday, 5/11/2016 @ 12:01PM PST, Odin's Bounty returns and features an amazing bonus loot game mode rotation. Bosses will drop Chests of Odin's Bounty. These chests are loot boxes that you can collect and then open later for an epic lootsplosion! Chests of Odin's Bounty have a high chance to contain Runes and Odin Marks, as well as a chance to drop the Mysterious Crimson Box, which contains rare boss-specific artifacts.

During the applicable rotation phase, bosses will drop Odin's Bounty Chests depending on difficulty & location:

• Normal Bosses - 1 Chest
  • Heroic Bosses - 2 Chests
  • Cosmic Bosses - 3 Chests (2 from the boss & 1 from the completion chest)

Additionally, everyone has a rare chance to receive Odin's Blessing, which gives your chests special jackpot loot!

Loot Rotation Schedule (PST)

Coming Soon!

I'll definitely be taking advantage of the 100% xp to Star Lord for the GotG event. Is there anything that could be added to the event in the short timeframe to make it a little more grand?

The last Odin's Bounty event I really like there was no Loot Rotation schedule as you could play where you wanted to. Is it possible to add a tiny chance to obtain Cosmic Artifacts in the chests to make them more appealing since those are end game artifacts currently. Even if it's just to cosmic zones that would be fine.

Location LimboPosts: 8,496 Cosmic

Yay! I can play this month! :)

Been waiting for Limbo. :)

Fiiirst page, also Good Luck

Location Stop neglecting the F4.Posts: 1,530 Fantastic

Star Lord looks AMAZING in that banner. Makes me want to buy that costume and play him.
Not sure how Star Lord plays after BUE though.

@KomoriMan said:

@Tzeentch said:

@KomoriMan said:

I know this probably can't happen on short notice, but is there any chance you can ask the team to toss in some new items for the cosmic and armor vendors? Like... maybe some GOTG stuff?

Or maybe have a chance at a GOTG card drop once in a while while playing?

Unfortunately not :(

It's something we can push for future events but with the event happening on Thursday... very unlikely. Sorry!

Any chance we can have 100% xp server side with cosmic chaos instead of 42%? Having 100% on RR and SL is nice but kind of restrictive since only 2 heroes unlike said avengers, civil war etc.

BTR
BTR

@KomoriMan said:
The last 2 times were special occasions. Maybe we'll see more in the future?

Ugh. I thought the "special occasions" was Gaz finally giving players what we wanted WRT this event. :neutral:

ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation NYCPosts: 508 Amazing

@KomoriMan said:

@BlackFlagg said:
Odins is going back to the zone rotation?

The last 2 times were special occasions. Maybe we'll see more in the future?

Rotations are no fun. They force you to play in a zone you may not want to to be rewarded properly. It also used to create huge lag in zones (specifically MM)because everybody was there. I guess lag isn't as much of a problem anymore, but that doesn't make the rotation fun.

any chance that random cosmic artifact box could be added to the armor/omega files vendors at least? kinda bummed we're not at least getting a new groot team-up skin for gotg2 that could maybe be purchasable with splinters (though movie drax and gamora were overdue and i kinda get their being pay wall locked).

please guardian of the galaxy. not just those 2... maybe like 100% server and another 50% on them or something?