Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are up and running. Thank you for your patience.
«1

Adam Warlock Was Originally In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Script; Likely To Appear In Vol. 3

Location Surrey, B.C.Posts: 4,322 Cosmic

James Gunn has a passion for the cosmic side of Marvel and has expressed his desire to see certain characters appear in his films someday. One of those is cosmic fan favorite Adam Warlock. In an interview today at a Hollywood press junket, James admitted that Adam Warlock was originally planned for the Guardians sequel but was removed because it would have introduced too many characters to the team and would have shifted a bit of focus away from new addition, Mantis.

“I love Adam Warlock. He’s one of my favorite characters. In all truth, I wrote an early treatment where I had Adam Warlock as a part…this is your big scoop, because I don’t think I’ve told anybody this… It was Adam Warlock. He was a big part of the screenplay and I realized it was one character too many. And I adored the character. I adored what we had done with him. I think we did something really creative and unique with Adam Warlock. But it was one character too many and I didn’t want to lose Mantis and Mantis was more organically part of the movie anyway. So I decided to save him for later.”

So all is not lost and we will eventually see Warlock on the big screen. Most likely in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 since James has a lot of love for the character. James was also asked if there was a chance if Warlock would appear in the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War. “He’s not. He’s not in Infinity War. But he will be a part of the future Marvel cosmic universe and a pretty important part of that.”

With James Gunn signing on to write/direct the 3rd installment of the Guardians franchise it's inevitable. Kevin Feige also stated that possibility saying: “If he appears anywhere in the future, it’ll be in Guardians.”

Guardians of The Galaxy arrives in theaters May 5, 2017.

http://www.slashfilm.com/adam-warlock-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

Location XandarPosts: 117 Incredible

Time for me to avoid the forum until I see this movie. Nothing on how this was posted or anything, I just want to go into this movie with as little speculation as I can.

Location Surrey, B.C.Posts: 4,322 Cosmic

@SentientAiua said:
Time for me to avoid the forum until I see this movie. Nothing on how this was posted or anything, I just want to go into this movie with as little speculation as I can.

I really want to see Adam Warlock on screen just sad to hear that he was in the original script but didn't make it into the film.

AssembledLocation Playing the forum gamePosts: 3,111 Cosmic

I'm glad that he's at least in the 3rd film!

Location Surrey, B.C.Posts: 4,322 Cosmic

@SouleBreaker said:
I'm glad that he's at least in the 3rd film!

In all honesty I think he should have been introduced in Guardians 2 along with Mantis. Not having him be in Infinity War pretty much stinks.

AssembledLocation Playing the forum gamePosts: 3,111 Cosmic

@XxxDraxTheDestroyerxxX said:

@SouleBreaker said:
I'm glad that he's at least in the 3rd film!

In all honesty I think he should have been introduced in Guardians 2 along with Mantis. Not having him be in Infinity War pretty much stinks.

Yeah I wanted him there, but what can we do? Maybe he'll be in one of the 5 post credit scenes.

Posts: 573 Amazing

Hopefully Nova will appear with him in 3

Location AsgardPosts: 61 Mighty

If Adam Warlock or Nova are in the post credits, I may lose it. Both characters really need to be in the films if they want to explore the cosmic side.

Location Surrey, B.C.Posts: 4,322 Cosmic
edited April 21

@SilentHawke said:
Hopefully Nova will appear with him in 3

I honestly have a feeling we'll get a Nova film. Seeing as the power stone is locked away on Xandar at the Nova Corp HQ. Thanos isn't likely going to spare Xandar. I just hope it's Rich Rider Nova and not Sam.

@MightyPiggma said:
If Adam Warlock or Nova are in the post credits, I may lose it. Both characters really need to be in the films if they want to explore the cosmic side.

I agree I love both characters and Nova has been a favorite since I read Annihilation. I even have most of the 1977 series he debuted in. Only missing #4 & #21 from the collection.


Issue #1-3

Location AsgardPosts: 61 Mighty

Adam Warlock should be a playable character in MarvelHeroes.

Location AsgardPosts: 61 Mighty

@XxxDraxTheDestroyerxxX said:

@SilentHawke said:
Hopefully Nova will appear with him in 3

I honestly have a feeling we'll get a Nova film. Seeing as the power stone is locked away on Xandar at the Nova Corp HQ. Thanos isn't likely going to spare Xandar. I just hope it's Rich Rider Nova and not Sam.

@MightyPiggma said:
If Adam Warlock or Nova are in the post credits, I may lose it. Both characters really need to be in the films if they want to explore the cosmic side.

I agree I love both characters and Nova has been a favorite since I read Annihilation. I even have most of the 1977 series he debuted in. Only missing #4 & #21 from the collection.


Issue #1-3

I have only read a few of Nova's comics mainly his involvement in the Annihilation storyline which was very well done. He is up there for me now.

Posts: 2,653 Fantastic

Lol. What is the point of having Adam Warlock if you can't have him in Infinity War? That's like... the only time that he's relevant, outside of the 2008 Guardians run.

AssembledLocation Playing the forum gamePosts: 3,111 Cosmic

@ashtonknapp said:
Lol. What is the point of having Adam Warlock if you can't have him in Infinity War? That's like... the only time that he's relevant, outside of the 2008 Guardians run.

Most likely for the Universal Church of Truth. He had his own storylines in his own book too. Just because you don't like him, doesn't mean he was barely relevant.

Posts: 2,653 Fantastic

@SouleBreaker said:

@ashtonknapp said:
Lol. What is the point of having Adam Warlock if you can't have him in Infinity War? That's like... the only time that he's relevant, outside of the 2008 Guardians run.

Most likely for the Universal Church of Truth. He had his own storylines in his own book too. Just because you don't like him, doesn't mean he was barely relevant.

Lol I really don't have an opinion on the character. But as an outsider who's never read anything that he's in... he seems rather irrelevant besides in the two stories that I've heard that he's in.

Location LimboPosts: 8,386 Cosmic

@ashtonknapp said:

@SouleBreaker said:

@ashtonknapp said:
Lol. What is the point of having Adam Warlock if you can't have him in Infinity War? That's like... the only time that he's relevant, outside of the 2008 Guardians run.

Most likely for the Universal Church of Truth. He had his own storylines in his own book too. Just because you don't like him, doesn't mean he was barely relevant.

Lol I really don't have an opinion on the character. But as an outsider who's never read anything that he's in... he seems rather irrelevant besides in the two stories that I've heard that he's in.

Then why do you even have an opinion about what he should be in.

This is like someone claiming authority on something without actually even looking at it's general direction. /wtfsmiley

Seriously. :p

Posts: 8,038 Cosmic

@MightyPiggma said:
If Adam Warlock or Nova are in the post credits, I may lose it. Both characters really need to be in the films if they want to explore the cosmic side.

It's not clear if he's actually in one of the post credits scenes, but one of them will very definitely hint at Adam Warlock.
AssembledLocation Playing the forum gamePosts: 3,111 Cosmic

@ashtonknapp said:

@SouleBreaker said:

@ashtonknapp said:
Lol. What is the point of having Adam Warlock if you can't have him in Infinity War? That's like... the only time that he's relevant, outside of the 2008 Guardians run.

Most likely for the Universal Church of Truth. He had his own storylines in his own book too. Just because you don't like him, doesn't mean he was barely relevant.

Lol I really don't have an opinion on the character. But as an outsider who's never read anything that he's in... he seems rather irrelevant besides in the two stories that I've heard that he's in.

Then you were just trying to antagonize? I don't get it.

Posts: 174 Incredible
Posts: 2,653 Fantastic

@DreadMAGUS said:

@ashtonknapp said:

@SouleBreaker said:

@ashtonknapp said:
Lol. What is the point of having Adam Warlock if you can't have him in Infinity War? That's like... the only time that he's relevant, outside of the 2008 Guardians run.

Most likely for the Universal Church of Truth. He had his own storylines in his own book too. Just because you don't like him, doesn't mean he was barely relevant.

Lol I really don't have an opinion on the character. But as an outsider who's never read anything that he's in... he seems rather irrelevant besides in the two stories that I've heard that he's in.

Then why do you even have an opinion about what he should be in.

This is like someone claiming authority on something without actually even looking at it's general direction. /wtfsmiley

Seriously. :p

No offense, but you don't have to be an expert on a character to know the stories that they're relevant in. Like? What kind of flop logic is that? If you heard that Scarlet Witch was going to be in a movie without the Avengers, Vision, or Quicksilver, wouldn't you kinda just be like... what? It's not necessarily bad... but it's like, what's the point?

@SouleBreaker said:

@ashtonknapp said:

@SouleBreaker said:

@ashtonknapp said:
Lol. What is the point of having Adam Warlock if you can't have him in Infinity War? That's like... the only time that he's relevant, outside of the 2008 Guardians run.

Most likely for the Universal Church of Truth. He had his own storylines in his own book too. Just because you don't like him, doesn't mean he was barely relevant.

Lol I really don't have an opinion on the character. But as an outsider who's never read anything that he's in... he seems rather irrelevant besides in the two stories that I've heard that he's in.

Then you were just trying to antagonize? I don't get it.

How am I antagonizing anyone? I literally just said that if he won't even be present for the one story that he's largely known for, then what is the point? Sorry if you're like an Adam Warlock fanboy and I hurt your feelings, but it's was completely void of any opinion. It was a basic question. So much of his character has stuff to do with Thanos and the Infinity Stones... literally what is the point in introducing him then? I don't see how that is misconstrued as being negative in the slightest.

AssembledLocation Playing the forum gamePosts: 3,111 Cosmic
edited April 22

@ashtonknapp said:

@DreadMAGUS said:

@ashtonknapp said:

@SouleBreaker said:

@ashtonknapp said:
Lol. What is the point of having Adam Warlock if you can't have him in Infinity War? That's like... the only time that he's relevant, outside of the 2008 Guardians run.

Most likely for the Universal Church of Truth. He had his own storylines in his own book too. Just because you don't like him, doesn't mean he was barely relevant.

Lol I really don't have an opinion on the character. But as an outsider who's never read anything that he's in... he seems rather irrelevant besides in the two stories that I've heard that he's in.

Then why do you even have an opinion about what he should be in.

This is like someone claiming authority on something without actually even looking at it's general direction. /wtfsmiley

Seriously. :p

No offense, but you don't have to be an expert on a character to know the stories that they're relevant in. Like? What kind of flop logic is that? If you heard that Scarlet Witch was going to be in a movie without the Avengers, Vision, or Quicksilver, wouldn't you kinda just be like... what? It's not necessarily bad... but it's like, what's the point?

You kind of do. Especially when passing sweeping judgments. You don't to ask which ones they were relevant in. And I wouldn't ask why Vision wasn't there. :P

How am I antagonizing anyone? I literally just said that if he won't even be present for the one story that he's largely known for, then what is the point? Sorry if you're like an Adam Warlock fanboy and I hurt your feelings, but it's was completely void of any opinion. It was a basic question. So much of his character has stuff to do with Thanos and the Infinity Stones... literally what is the point in introducing him then? I don't see how that is misconstrued as being negative in the slightest.

A.) Not a boy. B.) No not hurt.

Just don't see the reason in coming into a thread about a character and passing judgment if you don't know anything about them.

Was wondering then, what would be the motive? And it wasn't just because of curiosity, because you said he was irrelevant outside a couple storylines. That's not said out of curiosity because you honestly didn't know.

Location LimboPosts: 8,386 Cosmic

@ashtonknapp said:

@DreadMAGUS said:

@ashtonknapp said:

@SouleBreaker said:

@ashtonknapp said:
Lol. What is the point of having Adam Warlock if you can't have him in Infinity War? That's like... the only time that he's relevant, outside of the 2008 Guardians run.

Most likely for the Universal Church of Truth. He had his own storylines in his own book too. Just because you don't like him, doesn't mean he was barely relevant.

Lol I really don't have an opinion on the character. But as an outsider who's never read anything that he's in... he seems rather irrelevant besides in the two stories that I've heard that he's in.

Then why do you even have an opinion about what he should be in.

This is like someone claiming authority on something without actually even looking at it's general direction. /wtfsmiley

Seriously. :p

No offense, but you don't have to be an expert on a character to know the stories that they're relevant in. Like? What kind of flop logic is that? If you heard that Scarlet Witch was going to be in a movie without the Avengers, Vision, or Quicksilver, wouldn't you kinda just be like... what? It's not necessarily bad... but it's like, what's the point?

I've read this like five times now, and I literally can't stop laughing. Best comedy I've had in a while.

You said yourself that you have never read ANYTHING he's been in. By your own admission, you don't even know enough to even KNOW if you have an opinion. Let alone actually having one. lol

My original reply stands as is. lol

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.