Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are up and running. Thank you for your patience.

Where are Folks Allocating Points post-RRobin?

Location Canada. Uh, I mean Midtown Manhattan.Posts: 2,358 Fantastic

So, I seem to be doing cookie-cutter point allocations now that the round robin method is gone. With few exceptions, I'm using the following for every character:

Time - 200 pts to Attack / Movement Speed (max)
Space - 150 pts to Defense Rating Multiplier (max)
Soul - 150 pts to Health on Hit (25/50)
Reality - 150 pts to Signature Damage (150/200)
Power - 150 pts to Brutal Damage (max)
Mind - 150 pts to Critical Damage (max) with all leftover points going into Critical Chance (currently 38/50)

Basically, I dump enough in each gem to get all the mastery levels. The only deviation I've made from the above is the occasional character where I dump the leftovers into something other than Critical Chance. For example: Dodge on Spidey or +Spirit on Iron Man.

Is this similar to what other people have been doing?

Location in front of my compPosts: 689 Amazing
edited April 8

move/attack speed health on hit sig power i dontr care about 150 per gem right now

Location KnowherePosts: 1,963 Fantastic
edited April 28

I put points in pretty much the same for every character save for the primary attributes. I don't have Infinity to go after an Infusion node yet. Once I break 2k I should be able to get one to 52.

Mind: Mind Over Matter and Mental Focus.

Time: Temporal Loophole or skip all together.

Space: Gravity Well, sometimes Micro-Warps, skip on characters that are squish no matter what.

Soul: 22 points in Against All Odds. (Slightly more costly but I like it more than Inner Resil)

Reality: Only Energy for main statters and Potency for Sig-Reducers, or those who have a large chunk of their damage dependent on the sig.

Power: Superhuman and Strike Through

There is a lot of 'whatever' in the new Infinity, and a 1000% less flavor. I really wish they would have kept and cleaned up Omega instead.

My generic loadout is:

• Mind - 200 in crit chance (50/50)
  • Power - 150 in brut chance (50/50)
  • Reality - nothing (maybe some points in sig dmg for heroes that can significantly lower the cd of their signature and/or are guaranteed to crit/brut with it)
  • Soul - 150 in health on hit (25/50)
  • Space - 150 in health (75/250)
  • Time - 160-200 in attack speed (40-50/50)

All this adds up to 810-850 points.

AceLocation The Marvel Universe, where else?Posts: 816 Amazing

I go +10 for each of the charcters two main attributes and then look at their two defensive stats and allocate those then fill in what seems appropiate for the character.

I try to get to at least 5% for the percentile nodes.

Nothing too special.

150 pt attack/move speed
max brut damage, crit damage, crit chance
spirit on the heroes that need it
150 pt health on heroes that need it
primary attributes

edited April 10

I actually like to pick Infusion nodes, based on how many attributes I have on this or that hero.
You know, to actually see the results of investments rather then just 'behind the curtain' bonus to stats.

Plus, I like to go for all +1 masteries for the sake of Infusions, too. Also it reminds me of Apocalypse node.

Location Cosmic Danger Room Posts: 966 Amazing
edited April 17
I ignore most of the mastery stuff. I go with the lowest attack speed that will give the highest possible attacks / second on my spender. I usually get the crit hit/ brut strike nodes and the critical damage node. One point each infusion. And dump the rest into a primary attribute. If needed get base health and defense.

I'm kinda curious as to what is the most efficient for offense, once you've got your defense up, is it better to increase attack speed crit/brutal strikes, or just all dump into primary stats, and what about things like signature damage, or damage to weaken and such.

I usually the following on all heroes

brute damage
brute strike
sig damage
crit damage

The following are variable per hero
spirit
attack/move speed (this is usually maxed depending on native attack sp)
crit hit rating (i often put zero pt into this)

The rest are dumped into the attribute point give the most benefit. I rarely put anything in defense unless its starlord

Location b a m fs p a c ePosts: 2,674 Fantastic

Pretty much the same as @dublvision except...

@dublvision said:
sig damage

...do you think that's generally worthwhile? I got it in my head somewhere that signatures are usually no more than 15-25% of total dps. If that's true--big 'if'--it's not going to be as efficient as putting points in an appropriate attribute, even with the 150 mastery bonus.

I do have 150 and on Kurt and Wolvie, and 200 on X-23 since I'm guessing their signatures might be a larger than normal portion of their damage.

@Wyrding said:
Pretty much the same as @dublvision except...

@dublvision said:
sig damage

...do you think that's generally worthwhile? I got it in my head somewhere that signatures are usually no more than 15-25% of total dps. If that's true--big 'if'--it's not going to be as efficient as putting points in an appropriate attribute, even with the 150 mastery bonus.

I do have 150 and on Kurt and Wolvie, and 200 on X-23 since I'm guessing their signatures might be a larger than normal portion of their damage.

You know, i never really put to much thought into. I figured that pre BUE, a maxed ult gave 20% extra damage to a sig and usually constituted a 5-15 second ttk gain. 100% gain seemed so much better and worth it in my head. I never mathed it out though. In hindsight, your probably right and i should've tested it. I bet i could drop some of my ttks. Ah well.

I really don't know where I got that number, @Ranfteron , maybe? The only pertinent thing I can find is that @Cerneris ' old Spidey builds calculated Amazing Smash as 17.88 - 18.58% total dps. Either way, pre-BUE.

Anyway, I wouldn't put much credence into it without some testing.

@Wyrding so i manage to log on last night and did two rounds of tests on starlord and on mk. On starlord, the infinity change gave me 5 seconds straight away. Rather significant change actually. (1:50 - 1:45). Also did two rounds with mk. no change at 1:20. So testing is key, but I think you allocation as a general rule is more sound.

@dublvision said:
@Wyrding so i manage to log on last night and did two rounds of tests on starlord and on mk. On starlord, the infinity change gave me 5 seconds straight away. Rather significant change actually. (1:50 - 1:45). Also did two rounds with mk. no change at 1:20. So testing is key, but I think you allocation as a general rule is more sound.

Just to be clear, you got a better time on starlord with or without potency? Where did you put the points? 150 or 200?

Not that my guesses are worth much, but I'd guess Quill wouldnt be somebody who'd leverage it well, while MK might.

edited April 24

@Wyrding said:

@dublvision said:

Just to be clear, you got a better time on starlord with or without potency? Where did you put the points? 150 or 200?

Not that my guesses are worth much, but I'd guess Quill wouldnt be somebody who'd leverage it well, while MK might.

Yup. Moved everything from potency to fighting. I can understand why mk is a wash with potency considering his monster of a sig but long cooldown. I bet blade makes the best use of potency by far.

@Wyrding said:

@dublvision said:

I think it really depends what content you are doing in terms of endgame. For TTK dummy, it is likely for most heroes that don't have their sig being a huge percentage of their damage, potency is not optimal.

But if you are farming for cosmic artifacts in terms with county, putting point in potency will up your 'burst' and for a lot of terminals (Kurse, Cake, Ultron, etc), it is faster to have good burst since your CDs will be up for the next set of sub bosses. Also for CDR, for most objectives, you don't need sustained damage and being able to burst and move on is much better.

Remember that TTK is about sustain damage and it was important because raids was considered 'end game'. But a lot of the end game content now actually isn't about sustain. Cosmic patrols bosses have enough HP where sustain comes into play but then again, your own DPS in patrols are only a minor part (unless you are solo or duo in empty patrol).

AssembledPosts: 453 Amazing

@vthree said:

@Wyrding said:

@dublvision said:

I think it really depends what content you are doing in terms of endgame. For TTK dummy, it is likely for most heroes that don't have their sig being a huge percentage of their damage, potency is not optimal.

But if you are farming for cosmic artifacts in terms with county, putting point in potency will up your 'burst' and for a lot of terminals (Kurse, Cake, Ultron, etc), it is faster to have good burst since your CDs will be up for the next set of sub bosses. Also for CDR, for most objectives, you don't need sustained damage and being able to burst and move on is much better.

Remember that TTK is about sustain damage and it was important because raids was considered 'end game'. But a lot of the end game content now actually isn't about sustain. Cosmic patrols bosses have enough HP where sustain comes into play but then again, your own DPS in patrols are only a minor part (unless you are solo or duo in empty patrol).

Agree on the first part but not on the last. The majority of the roster has dummy kill times that measures burst damage instead of sustained damage.