Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online! If you experience any disconnections or issues with achievements... let us know! Thank you for your on-going patience.

Could you guys please come up with a better explanation on why villains are being heroic?

CovertPosts: 2,954 Fantastic

Some of them aren't so bad. Black Cat is just as likely to stop a crime as she is to commit one. Same with Taskmaster since he's a mercenary. I guess if you put on the Anti Venom or Toxin costume, he makes sense. Magneto fought on the good side before and helps mutants. I played as Goblin in at least three other games being good so he gets a pass. Supposedly Juggernaut and Venom have been good before even though I never saw it and I didn't know Elektra was a villain before this game.

But what's the story on Doctor Doom, Loki, and Ultron? The version of Ultron that's playable uses dialogue that clearly shows that it's after he decides to kill everyone. And even though Doctor Doom supposedly joined the FF and Loki had a heroic stint in AXIS, it still doesn't make it not feel weird to play them in a game where you're forced to be heroic. And we don't seem to be getting a Marvel Villains anytime soon. This is the main reason I haven't played these three much.

Now rather than arguing that we should ban all villains from being playable, I'm suggesting that the game find some way to make the villains' uncharacteristic heroism more convincing. Maybe come up with some kind of villain reformation program that's highlighted in the game. Like how you have big banners advertising events, have one for that. And maybe a hub and a few NPC's hanging around there talking about some of the former villains they've recruited. Maybe have you visit that as part of the story, or even have more villainous heroes have a slightly altered version of the raft and a different cutscene where Nick Fury talks to you about being part of the program.

True BelieverLocation And stop inflicting your opinions upon the world!Posts: 1,609 Fantastic

That time when doom Oh.. My stars and garters! existence with the cube.. also explains how there can be 100 Spider-Man's and the same time. So the answer is, unless specified, that it's one from another universe I guess?

Location Out farming a COSMIC Kool-Aid Man Was Right T-shirtPosts: 1,646 Fantastic

This just isn't a game that is built on great story and character development. Villains are fighting alongside heroes for the same reason that wounds are healed by picking up red orbs off the ground. Because vidja gamez! :P

Location Somewhere doing somethingPosts: 2,883 Fantastic
edited March 20

Black-Cat is an anti-hero not a villain or hero.

At least that's how i see her all the time.

Doom does as he sees fit.

Green Goblin was a hero at one time.

The Ultron you see players use its just a faulty bot.

Doom will not allow lesser beings to attain ultimate power, save that Doom then take it from them.

They're alternate versions. I'm pretty sure Marvel Heroes isn't canon in Marvel lore, so that's the easiest, most logical explanation. They really don't need to detail it for each individual character.

First in for most it's a game and some of the most popular characters in Marvel are villains. As for the "bad guys" in the Marvel U. Most villains or at least the most popular ones have at one point or another played nice with heroes or were on the side of good in one arc or another.

As for Magneto he's not a villain. Magneto wants to save mutant kind just like Prof X. The only difference is he takes the more violent path.

From my comic book knowledge the only character in the MCU that was not ever a hero in some way is Carnage. Even if you take into account AXIS he still was never good. Not for lack of trying but for lack of not knowing how.

Currently all dimensions Fall together. That is why so many Heroes exists multiple Times. That is said after the prologue.
And if ALL collide, why Not even those where certain Villain are the Heroes?!
Really don't understand the issue or why it is brought up again and again.

edited March 20

@SuperWG said:
Some of them aren't so bad. Black Cat is just as likely to stop a crime as she is to commit one. Same with Taskmaster since he's a mercenary. I guess if you put on the Anti Venom or Toxin costume, he makes sense. Magneto fought on the good side before and helps mutants. I played as Goblin in at least three other games being good so he gets a pass. Supposedly Juggernaut and Venom have been good before even though I never saw it and I didn't know Elektra was a villain before this game.

But what's the story on Doctor Doom, Loki, and Ultron? The version of Ultron that's playable uses dialogue that clearly shows that it's after he decides to kill everyone. And even though Doctor Doom supposedly joined the FF and Loki had a heroic stint in AXIS, it still doesn't make it not feel weird to play them in a game where you're forced to be heroic. And we don't seem to be getting a Marvel Villains anytime soon. This is the main reason I haven't played these three much.

Now rather than arguing that we should ban all villains from being playable, I'm suggesting that the game find some way to make the villains' uncharacteristic heroism more convincing. Maybe come up with some kind of villain reformation program that's highlighted in the game. Like how you have big banners advertising events, have one for that. And maybe a hub and a few NPC's hanging around there talking about some of the former villains they've recruited. Maybe have you visit that as part of the story, or even have more villainous heroes have a slightly altered version of the raft and a different cutscene where Nick Fury talks to you about being part of the program.

Doom is more of an anti-hero and has actually helped out the Fantastic Four on occasion and was even a member of the Future Foundation.

Loki is similar he's mostly in it for himself but has been on the same side as Thor.

Venom when on Flash is good, but then there's Toxin and Anti-Venom as you mentioned.

Ultron started out good so that could count I guess.

Juggernaut was with the X-men around World War Hulk (he even fought Hulk to protect the X-men).

I think you'll find with Marvel the lines get blurry over the years with plenty of good characters doing bad and bad characters doing good.

Even Doc Ock and the Wizard have their moments.

Green Goblin is the hardest to really accept since I don't think Norman has ever been heroic but Harry and Phil Urich have been.

WallcrawlerPosts: 41 Mighty

Most of them came from the thunderbolts initiative, a group of villains that became heroes after the avengers were declared dead in the onslaught event.

True BelieverPosts: 2,362 Cosmic

Not sure why people freak over this. Utau the watcher is in the opening cutscene. He called in the good versions from around the multiverse. Didn't need anything more fancy than that.

Why? Why, because it's a game!

True BelieverPosts: 132 Incredible

There is the cutscene with Cap starting up the thunderbolts programme

Location Patiently waiting for Silk.Posts: 112 Incredible
edited March 20

But they did.
If you watch the storymode cutscenes, they kinda tried to explain it lore-wise.

Loki helps with the Muspelheim raid, Doom with Skrulls, and the rest are the Thunderbolt program that gets activated for the Genosha raid.