Categories

Maintenance is complete and the Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

Exclusive: Anthony Mackie Says Marvel TV and Movie Crossover Wouldn’t Work At All

edited March 20

Excerpt from ScreenGeek

One thing that many Marvel fans have been hoping to see for some time now is the Marvel TV Universe crossing over into the movies. It’s been rumored, and the movies have been referenced on occasion within the Netflix shows, but nothing really in the movies.

Many actors have said they’d be open to the idea, but nothing has ever happened.

When asked about that prospect, Anthony Mackie had the following to say while speaking at Wizard World Cleveland:

“Different universes, different worlds, different companies, different designs. Kevin Feige is very specific about how he wants the Marvel Universe to be seen in the film world. It wouldn't work. It wouldn't work at all.”

While most fans would love to see it happen, it doesn't appear likely. We also exclusively reported last November about what Charlie Cox had to say about the potential crossover as well:

“I’d love that too. Those Easter eggs are thrilling to me. As they are to all of you guys, the fans. Sadly, Elden and myself have not been invited to the conversations that take place where they make those decisions. So, until we are invited to those conversations, we have no idea what’s going to happen.”

It looks like we’ll just have to wait and see on a potential Marvel movie and TV crossover.

AssembledPosts: 2,574 Fantastic

It's too bad Marvel execs messed with Feige so much that Feige got all of their control stripped by Disney and wants nothing to do with them. The Netflix TV universe has some amazing actors that apparently will never cross over. Maybe that's why the Netflix shows don't show Stark Tower in their shows.

@FrodoFraggins said:
It's too bad Marvel execs messed with Feige so much that Feige got all of their control stripped by Disney and wants nothing to do with them. The Netflix TV universe has some amazing actors that apparently will never cross over. Maybe that's why the Netflix shows don't show Stark Tower in their shows.

They do show Stark Tower, though.

@FrodoFraggins said:

Nah they just don't show Avengers tower because it is huge and obnoxious. Have you seen the edits with it in there? It would be so distracting.

I don't really care tbh. More screentime for the Avengers. They're already fighting over it, as it is.

Location LimboPosts: 8,478 Cosmic

Well that's a bummer, but - I think we all assumed this was the case at this point. X_X

Stark-TechLocation Everywhere and nowhere at the same time.Posts: 3,735 Uncanny

Oh well.
Better we get something good rather than a flop.

edited March 20

@FrozenArcher said:

@FrodoFraggins said:

when do the netflix shows have the stark tower? I've never seen it in the show just the advert posters. Several of the shows left the metlife building. There have been fanmade videos that insert the tower in where it belongs for several of the shows.

Location Stealth ModePosts: 5,787 Cosmic

@FrodoFraggins said:

@FrozenArcher said:

@FrodoFraggins said:

when do the netflix shows have the stark tower? I've never seen it in the show just the advert posters. Several of the shows left the metlife building.

They don't. Had several skyline views over the shows and its never there. There was a fan edit that added it in though.

And I figured they'd never cross over, I just wish there was more references to the TV shows in the movies. Its just super disappointing.

@Kittyattack said:

@FrodoFraggins said:

@FrozenArcher said:

@FrodoFraggins said:

when do the netflix shows have the stark tower? I've never seen it in the show just the advert posters. Several of the shows left the metlife building.

They don't. Had several skyline views over the shows and its never there. There was a fan edit that added it in though.

And I figured they'd never cross over, I just wish there was more references to the TV shows in the movies. Its just super disappointing.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3gax3tMYU4I

It doesn't get more official than that. Of course it won't appear in the episodes because there is a story.
Why they don't show Kamar-Taz, too? Simple, they don't have a reason to.

@FrozenArcher said:

It doesn't get more official than that. Of course it won't appear in the episodes because there is a story.

That's a CGI promo. Its appeared in DD and IF promo art too. But the thing you don't seem to understand is that its not in any of the actual shows.

And why would they show Kamar-Taj (at least thats what I'm assuming you're going for), when they never went to it.

The fact is that its a tiny continuity error that Marvel for whatever reason is ignoring. Every time they show the New York Skyline and its not there, it just feels less connected to the movies.

Location currently VancouverPosts: 1,032 Fantastic

too bad.
It wouldn´t be as complicated as you think. For example a lot of villains so far came with an army. Why not just in one short scene show the defenders fight whatever army that movies villain brought. It would keep all those characters available without having to introduce those characters.

@FrozenArcher said:

@Kittyattack said:

@FrodoFraggins said:

@FrozenArcher said:

@FrodoFraggins said:

As kitty said - it's in promo material only - find it in the netflix shows

@FrodoFraggins said:

@FrozenArcher said:

@Kittyattack said:

@FrodoFraggins said:

@FrozenArcher said:

@FrodoFraggins said:

What is the difference? Why do you need it to be on the actual show?

@FrozenArcher said:

Continuity. Thats a simple as I can make it for you.

See for me, I always hear stuff like "timing/logistics is the issue" and "it's about finding the place for put them in" and frankly, Idk why it's never simply: Hey maybe Feige doesn't want to use the characters on TV for his film universe? Like for some reason that's never a possible reason. I mean, idk that seems to be what Mackie is saying here.

edited March 21

@FrozenArcher said:

@FrodoFraggins said:

@FrozenArcher said:

@FrodoFraggins said:

@FrozenArcher said:

@Kittyattack said:

@FrodoFraggins said:

@FrozenArcher said:

@FrodoFraggins said:

Why did you say they showed it in response to me saying:

"Maybe that's why the Netflix shows don't show Stark Tower in their shows"

Location DublinPosts: 187 Incredible

This is kinda good cause the characters from the Tv series' are street level and 90% wouldn't be useful against Thanos
I'm a bit worried about Widow, Panther and Cap

Stark-TechLocation Everywhere and nowhere at the same time.Posts: 3,735 Uncanny

@IWJGSWEFM said:
This is kinda good cause the characters from the Tv series' are street level and 90% wouldn't be useful against Thanos
I'm a bit worried about Widow, Panther and Cap

What about WS, AM, and Hawkeye?

Yeah, Winter Soldier, Widow, and Hawkeye are the weakest links. All the others have their uses, especially Black Panther with his suit and intelligence. He's probably the most tactical in the MCU right now.

BubPosts: 1,866 Fantastic
edited March 26

I'd like to hear more from Kevin Feige himself.

Who made Anthony Mackie the MCU spokesperson anyway?