Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online! If you experience any disconnections or issues with achievements... let us know! Thank you for your on-going patience.

Secret Empire Event Main Discussion Thread (HUGE ONGOING SPOILERS INSIDE)....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/14/the-x-men-battle-captain-america-in-secret-empire-united?abthid=58c2cd062d29d7a268000004

After yesterdays spoiler and now this I thought I would open a thread where we could discuss reveals leading up to the event like the one above and the one from Yesterday and eventually the event when it kicks off.

Note To Reader: This topic not only contains spoilers for this event but Inhumans VS X-Men as well as the main Secret Empire Event but huge spoilers for a lot of other books as well.

Location Not the Hellfire ClubPosts: 64 Mighty
MutatedLocation 616Posts: 3,286 Uncanny

Im more interested in the other X-Men joining her. If they were all so upset with her then who would join?

@trogeta said:
Im more interested in the other X-Men joining her. If they were all so upset with her then who would join?

If the vision Ulysses had that only Captain America saw in full is that hydra is rounding up powerful mutants and any other super humans to either kill and/or depower.

Also Steve is endangering not only the Mutants here but the entire planet so this might not be the last time we see villains teaming up with heroes regardless of their rivalries.

Location PurgatoryPosts: 1,484 Fantastic

I'm really interested to see who's on Emma's X-Men team especially considering what happens after IvX as well. If she comes out with her own series, I probably have it as my #1 Mutant series to pull.

One interesting note ... I wonder if she's still lugging around Cyclop's body with her as a memento. He's obviously not buried where his current tombstone is.

Location LimboPosts: 8,100 Cosmic

****! I was hoping to cut my comics away... but Emma vs Hydra.... blarg.... I'm... flarkin' tempted....

@DreadMAGUS said:
****! I was hoping to cut my comics away... but Emma vs Hydra.... blarg.... I'm... flarkin' tempted....

There are these as well...posting a link below for those who want to check it out.

http://comicsalliance.com/marvel-comics-secret-empire-one-shots/

That Black Widow one looks interesting to say the least.

@DreadMAGUS said:

I'm getting it for sure. Emma leading her own team of renegade X-Men is so interesting.

Phoenix PoweredPosts: 729 Amazing

When will this event launch?

@DanielAbramov said:
When will this event launch?

Issue #0 is out sometimes in April and the whole event starts in May if I recall correctly.

I think these books might be part of the June releases though seeing as they were not part of the May solicits.

FataleLocation Spider-Woman 2017!Posts: 7,074 Cosmic
edited March 15

I'll be getting underground because Mockingbird is leading the team, and Whitley did a fun job writing her in the new Wasp book. I notice they got Sam out of the Cap costume for it.

But likely to be skipping the rest.

Marvel.com's article on Underground

True BelieverPosts: 2,672 Fantastic

@Vyntage said:
I notice they got Sam out of the Cap costume for it.

Makes me wonder if he willingly abandoned the mantle or if it was taken from him by Hydra-Cap.

FataleLocation Spider-Woman 2017!Posts: 7,074 Cosmic

@Blev said:

@Vyntage said:

Makes me wonder if he willingly abandoned the mantle or if it was taken from him by Hydra-Cap.

My guess is he was just embarrassed to be seen in it after he found out about Hydra-Cap. :P

@Vyntage said:

@Blev said:

@Vyntage said:

My guess is he was just embarrassed to be seen in it after he found out about Hydra-Cap. :P

Was about to right this.

I do not think he would be helping the resistance by wearing the costume of the man that just invaded America.

Location The void between states of being.Posts: 3,276 Cosmic

@DreadMAGUS said:

What did I say? I knew it you would start to cave, which isn't necessarily bad thing.

Location Welcome to the Armor WarsPosts: 1,271 Fantastic

No one picked up the hint about Magik?!

Phoenix PoweredPosts: 729 Amazing

@Kahveh said:
No one picked up the hint about Magik?!

magiKal :)

MutatedLocation 616Posts: 3,286 Uncanny

@jacaribray said:

@DreadMAGUS said:

I'm getting it for sure. Emma leading her own team of renegade X-Men is so interesting.

Im slightly intrigued, but that will either ramp up or down depending on the team. The Black Widow cover also has me interested. I prob wont be getting it but will be reading the spoilers like crazy another trick @Zukalos has taught me, other than to say "Hot Garbage" :D

The renegade xmen team could be awesome

Emma/magik/ Havok I assume

True BelieverLocation And stop inflicting your opinions upon the world!Posts: 1,609 Fantastic

Damn tune out for a few months and miss an event.. also who's that ice elf looking girl? Looks epic!

edited March 15

Here's an Unlettered preview of Secret Empire # 0

http://www.newsarama.com/33600-a-familiar-face-returns-in-secret-empire-0.html

I kind of feel bad for Sharon in this preview.