Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers are now back online! A 50% Experience Bonus will be active until 11:59 PM (PDT) tomorrow (8/11) to help make up for the unexpected downtime. Thank you for your patience.

[GUIDE] CLAWS OUT! - Black Cat // Marvel Heroes Omega 2017 (Updated Build w/ Infinity 2.0)

Location Honeybadger's DenPosts: 684 Amazing
edited August 6

CLAWS OUT! - Black Cat Hero Guide 2017

http://marvelheroes.info/build/3034/
MH.info page: marvelheroes.info/build/3034/

Table of Contents:
Preface
Powers
Talents
Rotation
Power Bar Layout
Gear
Infinity System (2.0!)
Synergies
Team-Up Choice
Important Notes
Coming Soon(tm)
Changelog

PREFACE

Hi and welcome.

This end-game build is my current go-to favourite for Ms. Hardy. It is a CQC claws melee fighting style (as opposed to her mid-range whips). As the title of the build implies, you will be making heavy use out of Claws Out. Claws Out is a movement power with no cooldown! It doesn't travel you as far as her regular 'dash' power, but it does give you the flexibility of dealing damage while moving at an unlimited rate. For that reason, it will be staple power in this build as well as act as your dash movement. To get the most out of the 'dash' portion of Claws Out, you may need to use it two or more times in quick succession in order to avoid incoming damage. Your best bet is to just go out and get a feel for this play-style.

This build also lets you experience all aspects of her kit; including a trap, an execute, a slow, some concealment, a lot of pick-pocketing, and some major bleed damage over time. I will be updating this build as best I can as time goes on, but for immediate concerns or requests don't hesitate to PM me!

POWERS:

Cat Scratch Fever [Signature, 30s Cooldown]: High damage, high cooldown, and provides invulnerability when active.
Deep Cuts [Main Spender, Claw Power]: Increased crit chance when Foe Fillet is on cooldown.
Foe Fillet [8s Cooldown, Claw Power]: Buffs all Claw Powers for a time after use.
Claws Out [8s Duration, Claw Power]: Bleeding damage over time (DoT) and replaces Quick Getaway as your new dash power.
Cat Nap [4s Cooldown, Claw Power]: Execute power. Execute powers deal more damage the lower your enemy's health is. With talents, Cat Nap always crits (damage currently bugged, see notes).
Put 'Em Down [4s Cooldown, 8s Duration, Whip Power]: Applies a powerful bleeding DoT. With talents, PED slows the enemy for 8s.
Sticky Trap [8s duration, Trap Power]: Immobilizes enemies. Applies vulnerability to enemies in an area for 8s, increasing any damage they take by 10%.
Master Thief [5s duration, 30s Cooldown]: The 'flavour' power in Felicia's kit. Steals a sellable credit item when you hit an enemy. Applies a 2s stun to enemies. Conceals you for 5s. Unhindered spirit recovery for duration.

TALENTS:

Tier 1 Talent - Pinpoint Accuracy: Increase to crit/brutal chance and small chance on hit to instantly defeat a non-boss enemy.
Tier 2 Talent - Cruel Claws: Claw powers buffed 5% and Foe Fillet's effect is now 8s to match it's cooldown.
Tier 3 Talent - Gate Crasher: Claw and Whip Powers always crit during Master Thief's duration. This includes bleeding DoTs.
Tier 4 Talent - The Cat's Meow: Faster animation time than Cat Scratch Fever which means you get back to your DPS rotation sooner. Cat's Meow is marginally higher damage than Spring Loaded Traps normally, but this gap increases tenfold with more and more brutal strike rating. If both of the hits are brutal strikes, you will get to experience some seriously awesome screen-clearing magic.
Tier 5 Talent - Curiosity Kills: The talent that makes this build possible. It allows you to replace Quick Getaway with Claws Out. Since stealth is now not required for CN or PED to work, you can use them without needing to cartwheel halfway across the screen.

ROTATION:

Sticky Trap > Foe Fillet > Master Thief > Put 'Em Down > Claws Out > Cat Nap > Cat Scratch Fever > Deep Cuts (filler)

POWER BAR LAYOUT:

LMB: Deep Cuts
RMB: Claws Out
Keybind 1: Sticky Trap
Keybind 2: Foe Fillet
Keybind 3: Master Thief
Keybind 4: Put 'Em Down
Keybind 5: Cat Nap
Keybind 6: Cat Scratch Fever

Claws Out is on RMB because I prefer my dash power there. Feel free to change around the power bar locations to fit your play style.

GEAR:

Slot 1: Fragment of Twilight (Any Hero, raid, craftable)
Slot 2: Agent Felicia's Body Suit (Black Cat)
Slot 3: Felicia's Leather Jacket (Black Cat)
Slot 4: Batroc's Savage Boots (Any Hero, Batroc the Leaper, Blue Omega Box)
Slot 5: Mask of the Noir Cat (Black Cat)
*All slots have +1 Fighting challenge bonus and +spirit/+cdr enchantment

Legendary: Savage Axe of Ares (lv80)
Medallion: Skrull Medallion of Bravery (preferred) or Cosmic Grim Reaper (more accessible)
Ring: Midtown Guardian's Signet (Claws Out is a movement power and triggers the 30% damage buff)
Relic: Atlantis (crit dmg)
Insignia: Cosmic Mockingbird (Brutal Strike Rating, Crit Damage Rating)
Uru-Forged: War Gauntlets +200 Physical Dmg
Runeword: The Power Doop
Catalyst: Cosmic Advanced Technological Systems w/Crit Damage Crafted Affixes.
The stats on the cosmic catalyst you are looking for are: Regenerate 3000hp/100sp on medkit use, Gain 50% dmg shield on medkit use, +3 Fighting/Speed.

Artifacts (I recommend the first 4, but the rest are very viable, ordered by rank of importance):

• Crossbones Teaching Credentials
  • Flag of the Skrull Empire
  • Gem of the Kursed
  • Spider-Clone Serum
  • Mayhem Demonblood (physical)
  • Sabretooth's Furry Mane
  • Glinting Einherjar Brooch
  • Hulkbuster Physics Package
  • Edge of Infinity
  • Superior Spider-Mask
  • Grappling Hook
  • Ziggurat
    *All artifacts have Blessing of Hela

INFINITY:

• Mind Gem [154] - Mental Focus (max). Mind Gem Infusion (1 rank).
  • Power Gem [304] - Superhuman (max), Strike Through (max), Power Gem Infusion (1 rank).
  • Time Gem [180] - Temporal Loophole (44 ranks is 22% atk spd, which should make up for low rolls on gear. Max if no Mockingbird insignia or Flag artifact, minimum 37 ranks), Time Gem Infusion (1 rank).
  • Soul Gem [154/infinite] - Fighting (6 ranks for soft cap, then point dump once other soft cap gem nodes are fulfilled), Soul Gem Infusion (1 rank).
  • Reality Gem [4] - Reality Gem Infusion (1 rank).
  • Space Gem [4] - Space Gem Infusion (1 rank).

Four major notes for Infinity:

1. The Infinity Point "soft cap" for Black Cat with this identical subset of gear is exactly 800 points. After you've reached this soft cap, invest all extra points into Fighting (for damage) or other nodes you want to experiment with for survivability. Due to the nature of the Nine Lives mechanic, as well as the current state of the game and the direction it is taking, I personally do not feel that you should be investing into defensive nodes at all with Black Cat. That being said, it is just a game after all so do what you enjoy.

2. Gem Infusion nodes at 1 rank each: The extra free damage that the Gem Infusion nodes give is worth investing 4 points (1 rank) into each (6 nodes total, 1 node per gem tree). The % damage per infinity point spent is on the high side, even though the damage it deals on paper does not seem impressive at first glance. It's mindless, free damage and costs 24 infinity points total; trust me on this!

3. For Time Gem: Temporal Loophole is a 'give and take' node. You can lower it or raise it depending on your gearing choices. With the exact gear in my guide, 44 ranks is a good spot to be at, even with sub-max atk spd rolls on other gear. Just make sure you stay at or above 37 ranks invested to benefit from the +1 attribute bonus (154 after Time Gem Infusion).

4. The 24 points you accumulate before reaching 25 to achieve an additional rank of Fighting (Soul Gem), can be temporarily invested into Deep Thought (Mind Gem) for an extra spirit cushion. Just don't forget to redistribute the IP's when you are able to rank up Fighting.

SYNERGIES:

Angela (dmg)
Cable (crit)
Elektra (dmg)
Iceman (dmg)
Loki (dmg/cost reduction)
Moon Knight (crit)
She-Hulk (dmg/regen)
War Machine (dmg)
Wolverine (brutal)
X-23 (dmg)

TEAM-UP:

Clea/Doctor Strange provide team buffs that you may not normally have if playing solo or in small groups. If you are playing in a large group or raid, I would suggest any of the Wolverine TUs.
*TU Gear - Testing TBD.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• Black Cat benefits from the SPEED and FIGHTING attributes. Fighting has the slight edge due to bonus crit built in.
  • Cat Nap is currently bugged. It only deals two hits every other time you use it. So if you activate Cat Nap 10 times during the course of a boss fight, it will deal two packets of damage 5 times and only one packet of damage the other 5 times (totaling 15 hits instead of the correct 20). It's fixed!

• I've been around Marvel Heroes since November 2013, and consider myself quite knowledgeable about the game. It's important to note that I have invested a generous amount of time and effort not only into MH, but many MMO-type games over the years and I am a min/maxer. I can't promise you that you will enjoy the type of gameplay this build requires (you should, it's super fun!), but I CAN promise you that I will always prioritize damage and utility over ease of gameplay.

COMING SOON(tm):
- TTK videos.
- TU Gear.

CHANGELOG:
3/3/2017: Began thread.
3/6/2017: Added MH.info build page.
4/22/2017: Updated build with Infinity 2.0 System.
6/29/2017: Cat Nap bug is fixed by @zWolfiez! Thanks dude. Updated TTK on MH.info page.
7/7/2017: Changed signature choice to Cat's Meow after extensive testing proving it to be marginally more damage in the long-term, but more importantly a brute-based instant screen clear button.
8/1/2017: Infinity Points re-distributed, guide updated with new IP "soft cap" and explanations of node choices. Updated artifact rankings due to change in Infinity System distribution.

edited March 4

Ran into formatting issues with copying... or maybe I just suck at forum-ing lol.

Typed out what I could, but will try to salvage pics, etc soon.

OriginalPosts: 740 Amazing
edited March 4

Looks good. I like the dash swap. Does CC become an issue without Quick Getaway? Cat Nap still being bugged is obnoxious. It's consistently reproducible and has been bug reported in every location available.

The dash swap is what I live for! It's also great for changing your position constantly around an enemy to avoid telegraphed attacks without losing DPS.

I have not noticed a significant difference from not having QG's CC break. But that may be due to a combination of the above (changing positions all the time) and luck. My thoughts are that even if I get 'caught' by CC once in a while, she has 9 lives to bail her out.

@ColeAuden said:
Looks good. I like the dash swap. Does CC become an issue without Quick Getaway? Cat Nap still being bugged is obnoxious. It's consistently reproducible and has been bug reported in every location available.

Very nice !
Thats the build Im using too. Always loved claws powers :)

Location ...........Posts: 105 Incredible

Nice! will give this a shot thank you Fleyn for all your hard work :D great build

Are Skrull Communication Device and Lizard's Formula not viable alternate artifact options for this build? I was meaning to give Felicia a go post-BUE, but aside from a spare Furry Mane, I don't quite have all the artifacts you listed available and I have cosmic versions of those two.

edited March 15

@thelesserevil said:
Are Skrull Communication Device and Lizard's Formula not viable alternate artifact options for this build? I was meaning to give Felicia a go post-BUE, but aside from a spare Furry Mane, I don't quite have all the artifacts you listed available and I have cosmic versions of those two.

Viable alternatives are subjective, but from a DPS/TTK perspective, the short answer is no.

The long answer is: possibly.

Firstly (without getting into a ton of math), you could theoretically replace Mayhem Demonblood with Cosmic Liz if you didn't have a good Mockingbird insignia. The damage rating would only be slightly lower and you'd be exchanging 2000 health and 1% crit multiplier for a revive and some loh/soh. I suppose that's close enough to justify it as a viable alternative, as long as it was near max rolled. However, if you were using Mockingbird, you'd be hitting diminishing returns on atk spd which would make Liz a redundant option. If that were the case, you'd be better off with a HPP that has a high crit/brut roll and a low atk spd roll as a budget alternative with more desirable stats.

Secondly, you could replace Mane with your SCD, but you'd be losing quite a bit of damage/crit. Plus SCD is harder to roll well than Mane.

Teaching Credentials and SCS are basically BIS for this build so I wouldn't recommend replacing those. However, I will say that it is VERY difficult to roll a good SCS, so the first artifact I would substitute out would be a low roll SCS over any of the others.

Ultimately, use what you have and try it out. Unless you're trying to set a new TTK record, you probably won't notice a huge difference. Artifacts are a lot closer in usefulness now than they ever have been before.

Hope that helps, feel free to continue the discussion here or via PM. Thanks for the question!

@EmptyNight said:
Nice! will give this a shot thank you Fleyn for all your hard work :D great build

@EmptyNight Thanks, Let me know what you enjoy/hate the most!

@Fleyn said:

Firstly (without getting into a ton of math), you could theoretically replace Mayhem Demonblood with Cosmic Liz if you didn't have a good Mockingbird insignia. The damage rating would only be slightly lower and you'd be exchanging 2000 health and 1% crit multiplier for a revive and some loh/soh. I suppose that's close enough to justify it as a viable alternative, as long as it was near max rolled. However, if you were using Mockingbird, you'd be hitting diminishing returns on atk spd which would make Liz a redundant option. If that were the case, you'd be better off with a HPP that has a high crit/brut roll and a low atk spd roll as a budget alternative with more desirable stats.

I do not actually have ANY Mockingbird insignia's available, and slapped one of the eleventy Heroes for Hire insignias on her instead. It seems far from ideal, but this one had fairly good brut rating and the +1 fighting doesn't hurt, I figured. I DO actually have a Mayhem Demonblood to spare for her, so I could give that one a go. I'd lose out on the +10% sig cooldown that the Cosmic Liz has, but I guess that doesn't factor into it too much.

Just out of curiosity, what attack speed increase are we aiming for with this build? I figure that any extra attack speed increase I get from artifacts could always come out of the Temporal Loophole infinity node instead. I've only got 737 infinity points, so anything I save on there can go into the +Speed node instead.

Secondly, you could replace Mane with your SCD, but you'd be losing quite a bit of damage/crit. Plus SCD is harder to roll well than Mane.

I do have a Mane for her. It's not cosmic, but it seemed like a hard to replace one either way. Of course I'm not really hurting for +crit chance on her, sitting at over 50% with my current setup.

Teaching Credentials and SCS are basically BIS for this build so I wouldn't recommend replacing those. However, I will say that it is VERY difficult to roll a good SCS, so the first artifact I would substitute out would be a low roll SCS over any of the others.

Ultimately, use what you have and try it out. Unless you're trying to set a new TTK record, you probably won't notice a huge difference. Artifacts are a lot closer in usefulness now than they ever have been before.

Yeah, I tried the trial with her after not touching her at all for what felt like a year with a Furry Mane/Superior Spider-Mask/cosmic Skrull Comm Device/cosmic Lizard Formula artifact setup and she did it quicker than I remember doing it on anyone (and that includes recent powerhouses like Human Torch and Iron Fist). Having luck on my side helped, with the 2% chance to instantly kill any non-boss enemy practically one-shotting the Hulk Busters and Sentinels, but still, Felicia did well.

With the current TC changes looking like they'll gut Iron Fist, Felicia might be reaping the benefit and getting a Serum and Teaching Credentials though. She's been fun in the cosmic content I've done with her, since despite her having a lot less health than I'd usually be comfortable with on a melee hero (she's at like, 21K) she hasn't died on me yet.

...officially anyway. Doesn't count unless someone kills her 9 times in a row. >.>

Without mockingbird, definitely give Liz a go. The 10% sig cooldown will only help.

Atk spd target I'd try to shoot for is minimum 3 hits per second on Deep Cuts (in combat, with procs). It's not difficult to hit that mark, but important just the same.

Yeah 9 lives has been great for me especially running this melee build. If you run out just pop her Ult for 9 more!

Now all that's left is for Gaz to fix Cat Nap to deal damage properly and I'll be happy lol

I'd gotten a little bored lately after grinding so much with She-Hulk and Jean Gray, so I started looking for characters that matched well to the pile of gear I had stashed. I went looking for someone to wear that Midtown ring, and stumbled on to this build.

I love it.

There are actually lots of options for decent gearing if you can't find the BiS stuff. Essentially anything that adds Movement damage, Crit chance/damage or Bleed damage is fair game. The ring makes this build tick, everything else is incremental value in real playing scenarios.

Thanks for putting this build together. My BC is now a whirling dervish of bleeding and it's sheer fun.

Glad to hear you're enjoying this!

And yes, the one good thing that came with the BUE was how it made artifacts a lot closer in power than they used to. Before the BUE, BiS vs. Non-BiS was like night and day. But now, builds and heroes are closer than ever in power levels even with previously not-so-sought-after artifacts.

If you enjoy this build, you'd probably like X23 as well - although I can't see you ever getting bored of Felicia ;)

If you have a free moment, it would really help this build see more use if you went over to MH.info and upvoted it.

For the other readers of this thread: I would, however, prioritize movement damage last. The MM Ring is nice because it boosts all damage, but I wouldn't go out and actively gear for mvmt dmg just because one skill you rotate in every 8 sec (ideally) benefits from it.

Thanks and enjoy!

@MysteryBowler said:

I'd gotten a little bored lately after grinding so much with She-Hulk and Jean Gray, so I started looking for characters that matched well to the pile of gear I had stashed. I went looking for someone to wear that Midtown ring, and stumbled on to this build.

I love it.

There are actually lots of options for decent gearing if you can't find the BiS stuff. Essentially anything that adds Movement damage, Crit chance/damage or Bleed damage is fair game. The ring makes this build tick, everything else is incremental value in real playing scenarios.

Thanks for putting this build together. My BC is now a whirling dervish of bleeding and it's sheer fun.

Updated MH build with Infinity 2.0 and investment reasoning in OP.

Feel free to discuss, and enjoy!

edited April 27

Awesome guide! But I really would love to know, how is she in a cosmic content ?

edited April 28

So far, great!

Of course, 9 Lives are there for a reason... she isn't a God hero, but by no means is she "squishy."

I geared for full DPS. If you find yourself wanting more survivability, you can always swap out gear, change enchants, or invest into healing Infinity nodes. But imho, the game in it's current state should not require you to do so.

Remember this helpful tip: If you only have a couple (or none) of her 9 Lives left, you can pop her ultimate power to not only be virtually unkillable for 20 sec, but also fully replenish all 9 Lives!

@KacpikolPs said:
Awesome guide! But I really would love to know, how is she in a cosmic content ?

Hi. I'm a newbie and was wondering where should I put my infinity points first? Should I put all on crit damage?

@KamyDulce said:
Hi. I'm a newbie and was wondering where should I put my infinity points first? Should I put all on crit damage?

How many points do you have roughly?

Around 200 I think... I just started the game couple of days ago. My gears are all level 63 and still farming to get those upgrades 66 & 69

edited May 23

@KamyDulce said:
Around 200 I think... I just started the game couple of days ago. My gears are all level 63 and still farming to get those upgrades 66 & 69

I would put 25 ranks into Temporal for the 12.5% atk speed. Without 69 gear you will probably benefit most from this stat. put 2 ranks into Speed in the same tree to get the +1 attributes from 150 pts spent.

The leftover you can put into Deep Thought for extra spirit if you're having issues. Otherwise straight Fighting.

Depending how low your current atk speed is you may consider maxing Temporal.

If u want to unlock cosmic trial what's the best way? Cos I can survive now but my problem is I'm running out of time killing madam hydra. My artifacts are just basic cos I still can't farm those rare ones.