Categories

Maintenance is complete and the Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

Chapter 4: MGH Warehouse

AssembledLocation DorsetPosts: 365 Amazing
edited March 2

The mission gives a barrel count but does not give an enemy defeat count.
I can complete the barrel count but defeating all the enemies I can find still does not complete the mission.

•Fixed an issue where the player was not always being awarded mission credit for enemies defeated in the Chapter 4 MGH Warehouse and MGH Garage areas.
Not fixed? @Asros @KomoriMan

Same here. I can now destroy all the supplies (which I was unable to do last patch), but I still can't get the mission to acknowledge my awesomeness at defeating enemies.

So, half-fixed I guess.

Only tried with one hero (War machine), who will continue to sit there feeling sorry for himself until he gets the recognition he deserves.

edited March 2

@Softsocks SNAP .. War Machine was my hero also.

GazillionLocation I break stuff! :DPosts: 131 Staff

Hey guys!

I tried running through the Ch04 Missions with our internal builds as a couple different characters, one of which being War Machine, but was unable to reproduce the issue. I tried defeating the enemies with different powers, just letting the Autogun defeat enemies, and just letting a Team-Up defeat enemies, but still couldn't get that issue you guys were seeing.

In this case, I was hoping you guys might be able to give me some more clues to this mystery. Can you folks remember anything else that might have contributed to making the issue appear? Could be something with your playstyle, something with your gear, anything you were doing immediately before you entered the region, if you bodyslid or logged out at some point near the occurrence, anything at all that you might think would be considered "odd".

Anything you might be able to tell us could be the one thing we needed to know to reproduce the problem and begin the process of fixing it. :D

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the inconvenience!

I have the same problem with Scarlet Witch.

I just used tons of areas (the only way with this hero lol) to kill enemies and barrels.

Barrels quests done without problems.

Still having the "defeat enemies" quest. The room is empty.

I finished chapter 1 and then over to Chapter 4. I went in here, killed everything and just stood in the empty room. There was no where to go or anything. I was using X-23 with a Wolverine pet out and about.

Was there something that needed to be done before hand that I might have skipped? (The mission tracker doesn't follow you if you skip parts of the story so was kinda clueless if I somehow messed up).

edited March 3

@SuperRossome thanks for response

other threads about this:
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/315681/chapter-4-mgh-warehouse-defeat-enemies#latest

Pre-patch the defeat enemies had a count x/n .. see image in this thread
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4100675#Comment_4100675

Post-patch defeat enemies does NOT have a count x/n .. see image in this thread
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/315689/chapter-4-mission-1#latest

Other info: War Machine at level 60

44hMp4l.jpg
0Cm68eR.jpg
zOfVnam.jpg
C5FvELJ.jpg
eVoF3qs.jpg
Used Avengers Tower waypoint to enter Chapter 4:Lower East Side, travelspeed to MGH Warehouse, enter portal .. nothing unusual on the way.

Playing from the UK, ping time? .. there was a suggestion in one of the pre-patch threads that the mission criterea were loading after enemies and barrels had be defeated and destroyed.

As explained in other thread, tried Normal and Heroic, with and without TU present.

same problem here..
played with thing, clea as TU..
charlvl is 44
no enemy count, no way to go on in the story..

edited March 3

Wolverine with Wolverine TU and everything is dead. Went in and killed all enemies first and then barrels. Barrels completed but enemies is not. Did nothing different then just kill things. Killed mini-boss near entrance. Maybe have to save him for last?

UPDATE
Stepped outside and switched characters and then switched back. Entered again and kill all enemies except mini-boss. Saved mini-boss for last. Quest completed!

@SuperRossome

I tried the suggestion of @KromeSkulz of stepping outside/change hero/change back, re-enter, NOPE .. it did not work.

War Machine's auto gun defeats enemies before the mission tracker displays the criterea.

Location North CarolinaPosts: 4 New Agent

KromeSkulz's solution worked for me:
I had X-23 with Wolverine TU.
Cleared all Barrels & Enemies but Enemies condition never completed.
Stepped outside, switched to Wolverine and then switched back to X-23.
Dismissed TU and then cleared all Barrels and Enemies but left mini-boss to end.
Mission completed correctly.
Thanks KromeSkulz.

edited March 4

@padronious Did you leave mini-boss till last? I can't see War Machine's auto gun killing him but then again I haven't played him.

@JCBolts Glad it helped.

@SuperRossome

Failed first attempt, succeeded at second attempt. Winter Soldier at level 50 with Captain America teamup. I didn't dismiss the teamup or wait to kill the miniboss for either run. The only thing I maybe did different was on the first (failing) run I stopped inside the door and waited a bit before taking any actions.

edited March 5

@SuperRossome and @KromeSkulz
In/out shake it all about shennainigans should not be necessary and in my case do not work.

Pic 1: just entered, no TU .. look at the already auto-gun defeated enemies on the ground ... look at the mission tracker showing no criteria
5SEoArG.jpg

Pic 2: move forward .. now the mission criteria are displayed and more defeated auto-gun enemies

5b9y3tP.jpg

The mission criteria do not display until you move into the room.

Just closed the game after the second attempt. Not going to waste my time with a small mission without the ability to skip ahead in the story as I used to.

It would make more sense to me if the mission was instead checking for the rooms in the warehouse to be empty; "oh hey the room's empty, carry on" instead of "but you didn't blow everything up yourself so now you're going to have to reset the instance and try again."

Because otherwise, the mission isn't important or interesting enough to bother attempting multiple times. On top of doing it again with another character, and another, and another x60 where I'm having to be wary of doing it a specific way without being forced to reattempt.

Not that any of my stats matter in this suggestion, but I was playing level 51 Punisher with Cap team up. The two rooms are empty of every single destroyable object and yet I have to redo.

@padronious that is a powerful auto gun. Any way to turn it off? I once had it where it wouldn't display criteria but it somehow fixed itself. Might have to report it as bug / send in a ticket. Otherwise I don't have any other ideas that could possibly help. =(

This is still happening for me right now. Using Storm. Says 96/100 Supply & Defeat Enemies....Rooms empty...

Can't move on, I've switch characters and still nothing..

Location 日本Posts: 911 Amazing

@SuperRossome said:
Hey guys!

I tried running through the Ch04 Missions with our internal builds as a couple different characters, one of which being War Machine, but was unable to reproduce the issue. I tried defeating the enemies with different powers, just letting the Autogun defeat enemies, and just letting a Team-Up defeat enemies, but still couldn't get that issue you guys were seeing.

In this case, I was hoping you guys might be able to give me some more clues to this mystery. Can you folks remember anything else that might have contributed to making the issue appear? Could be something with your playstyle, something with your gear, anything you were doing immediately before you entered the region, if you bodyslid or logged out at some point near the occurrence, anything at all that you might think would be considered "odd".

Anything you might be able to tell us could be the one thing we needed to know to reproduce the problem and begin the process of fixing it. :D

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the inconvenience!

If you're still looking into this, the primary difference I noticed since the update (the one that increased barrels and removed the enemy count) is as follows:

• for each time I couldn't complete it, I had cleared all enemies before completing the barrel count
  • for each time I successfully triggered the crate, I made sure to destroy all barrels before finishing off the last of the enemies (typically the MGH brute is the only one consistently able to survive during my assault on the barrels)

just tried it a couple of times.. failed.

killed the barrels before killing all enemies the 2nd time around... attempted at heroic. summoner dr. doom with dr. doom tu

This chapter mission is probably the most time consuming, competing with chapter 8 hydra and doom segments. XP granted when completed should be double (4x normal quest) than it is right now based on the amount of time to finish the quest and quest restriction. Not only do you have to destroy 100 barrels in the garage, you have destroy 200 barrels in the warehouse. There are only <110 barrels in the garage, and <210 barrels in the warehouse. There are also spawns of barrels in 4s and 6s in the warehouse. For a game based on leveling through story mode multiple times, this mission is even tedious the first time it is completed. I have yet to complete this mission with any character.

The worst story mode mission

@padronious said:
@SuperRossome and @KromeSkulz
In/out shake it all about shennainigans should not be necessary and in my case do not work.

Pic 1: just entered, no TU .. look at the already auto-gun defeated enemies on the ground ... look at the mission tracker showing no criteria
5SEoArG.jpg

Pic 2: move forward .. now the mission criteria are displayed and more defeated auto-gun enemies

5b9y3tP.jpg

The mission criteria do not display until you move into the room.

I'm having the same issue with War Machine. Your screenshot capture it pretty clear. The mini gun shoots as you get in but the mission isn't there.