Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
Our Big 10 event is now live, and so are our Big 10 sales! Get 50% off all Heroes, Costumes, Team-Ups and Pets in the in-game store for a limited time!

Magik after update

edited February 23

So anyone with a geared magik care to share if she is any good now?

Barring any miracles with the Soul Sword tree cooldown layers suddenly becoming amazing, she's about the same, but a bit worse than before. Didn't have time for any indepth testing yet though.

edited February 25

I'm using a summon approach utilizing Spear, Sinister, Her own Slot 3, Cerebro, Octo, Trident legendary and non-summon based artifacts. I'm able to ~23s the green dummy. Spirit Fangs is bugged to not gain damage from summon damage.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe the dummys proc damage vs targets not targeting you. Accounting for the Spirit Fangs bug and damage vs targeting you (if I'm correct), it would seem Magik summon is in a pretty good place now.

It should be noted I'm at about 900 Infinity Points and all uniques are ilvl69 with a challenge bonus.

I have not tested melee.

edited February 25

@NancyGrace said:
I'm using a summon approach utilizing Spear, Sinister, Her own Slot 3, Cerebro, Octo, Trident legendary and non-summon based artifacts. I'm able to ~23s the green dummy. Spirit Fangs is bugged to not gain damage from summon damage.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe the dummys proc damage vs targets not targeting you. Accounting for the Spirit Fangs bug and damage vs targeting you (if I'm correct), it would seem Magik summon is in a pretty good place now.

It should be noted I'm at about 900 Infinity Points and all uniques are ilvl69 with a challenge bonus.

I have not tested melee.

Summon damage works properly with Fangs and Venegeful spirit again, but it's just damage rating now, not a multiplier.

Anyway, her one decent spec is slightly better with the summon changes. She's still pretty average overall in DPS, and Dark Pact still makes her one of the tankiest heroes in the game. She never excelled with summoner slots 1-5 though.

Taking on and off ARMOR reality relic changes the damage of Vengeful Spirits but not of Spirit Fangs. They both have the same damage tags, and the same wording in regards to summon power damage (should) applying.

@NancyGrace said:
Taking on and off ARMOR reality relic changes the damage of Vengeful Spirits but not of Spirit Fangs. They both have the same damage tags, and the same wording in regards to summon power damage (should) applying.

Is the damage when cast changing? Tooltips are currently unreliable at best game wide. But the summon danage worked for both skills while on TC.

What is Magik's TTK on the cosmic raid boss dummy?

@Nootteryouknow said:

@NancyGrace said:

Is the damage when cast changing? Tooltips are currently unreliable at best game wide. But the summon danage worked for both skills while on TC.

Just tested it, summon damage is not working with Spirit Fangs.

edited February 25

Thank you. At least that's not a horrible time. It sucks that Magik is forced to use back from limbo but shes not the only hero in this game with one 5th row talent clearly better than the rest.

@Nootteryouknow
Could I ask what build/artifacts you used for Magik during that test?

@CrusaderBro said:
Thank you. At least that's not a horrible time. It sucks that Magik is forced to use back from limbo but shes not the only hero in this game with one 5th row talent clearly better than the rest.

@Nootteryouknow

As to back from limbo, it's not even the talent that's the issue, it's the base skill. The talent just exacerbates it.

As to build-
Skills:
Cleave/Disk/N'astirh/Pact/Brand/Nova/BfL/Sever
Talents:
Deadly Fangs/Blood in the Air/Dark Alliance/Sever the Silver Thread/Disciple of Limbo
Artifacts:
Hand of Doom/Edge of Eternity/Tome of Oshtur/Hood of the Reaper all Hela Blessings
Slot 1-5:
Fragment/X-men Uniform/Mantle/Skrull Uniform/Goat
Medallion:
Doom
Runeword:
Doop Inspiration on 200 mental damage uru
Ring:
Mental Slingring
Insignia:
Cosmic Cyclops w/Crit rating and Crit Damage (low roll sadly)
Relic:
Atlantis
Pet Affixes:
3 fight/blank/10% brutal/50 spirit/8% base health

If I can ever get a good roll, I'm going to be trying Octobot out over Goat.

Tome of Oshtur is the single largest change I've made to gear since the BUE. Between Dark Pact, Medkit regen/shield, heal on sig, and life on hit, I'm basically either 100% health anytime I'm not dead.

Is Hand of Doom really the best to use? Wouldn't a CTC be better?

edited February 26

@CrusaderBro said:
Is Hand of Doom really the best to use? Wouldn't a CTC be better?

On paper, yes, CTC is probably better. In practice? It's incredibly easy to roll a HoD with >90% in the only two random affixes on the item. CTC is a bloody nightmare to roll well, and after sinking upwards of 300 million into rerolling one, I've given up.

Also, a lot of the value of CTC comes from a stacking proc. A proc that will never benefit Soul Brand, and won't benefit N'astirh until so late in the fight it won't matter. So there's that to account for as well.

Edit: Also, the melee and ranged damage ratings on CTC will never apply to BfL, N'astirh, or the 2 lesser from dark pact at all.

O.o I see you've given this some thought......

Still, I wonder if Flag of the Skrull empire would be better. I think I just dislike using artifacts that don't perfectly match a heros stats.

@Nootteryouknow said:

@CrusaderBro said:

@Nootteryouknow

As to back from limbo, it's not even the talent that's the issue, it's the base skill. The talent just exacerbates it.

As to build-
Skills:
Talents:
Deadly Fangs/Blood in the Air/Dark Alliance/Sever the Silver Thread/Disciple of Limbo
Artifacts:
Hand of Doom/Edge of Eternity/Tome of Oshtur/Hood of the Reaper all Hela Blessings
Slot 1-5:
Medallion:
Doom
Runeword:
Ring:
Mental Slingring
Insignia:
Relic:
Atlantis
Pet Affixes:

Tome of Oshtur is the single largest change I've made to gear since the BUE. Between Dark Pact, Medkit regen/shield, heal on sig, and life on hit, I'm basically either 100% health anytime I'm not dead.

Quick question, Is Explosive Will not worth taking? And how does Blood spirit compare to just using soul sever?

@jacaribray said:

@Nootteryouknow said:

@CrusaderBro said:

@Nootteryouknow

As to build-
Skills:
Talents:
Artifacts:
Slot 1-5:
Medallion:
Doom
Runeword:
Ring:
Mental Slingring
Insignia:
Relic:
Atlantis
Pet Affixes:

Quick question, Is Explosive Will not worth taking? And how does Blood spirit compare to just using soul sever?

Explosive will is a good talent, however, in the end neither Soul Shockwave nor Eruption can compete skills in the Limbo tree for bar spots. No matter what you do, Lesser Demons, N'astirh, Dark Pact, and Back from Limbo will beat every option in the Soul Sword tree except Sever(with talent) and Soul Cleaving, and Soul Brand is mandatory for Soul Cleaving to do anything.

Vengeful Spirits with Blood Spirits is competitive with Sever the Silver Thread, but it depends on your max health. If you mean take blood Spirits and use untalented Sever, Sever needs the extra 40% damage mult and 40% crit the talent gives it to be worth using at all. Also, the health cost on Blood Spirits lowers the overall bonus you get from tome of oshtur, which pushes things back into Sever's favor. VS would likely take the lead if you felt you needed to stack health on every artifact slot and run a Shield, but I see no point to that with Dark Pact.

@jacaribray said:

Take 2, because the spam filter ate my edit.

First question. Explosive Will, as a talent, is actually the best talent on it's tier. However, even with the talent, Soul Shockwave and Sorcerous Eruption under perform compared to Lesser Demons, N'asitrh, Dark Pact, and Back from Limbo. With Soul Brand being mandatory for Soul Cleaving to be better than a basic, and Otherworldly Nova being mandatory for sustain, there's simply no bar space to slot either of them. Soul Sever only narrowly edges out Lesser Demons and N'astirh when talented.

As for Vengeful Spirits vs Soul Sever, that ones more interesting. Neither skill is worth using at all without it's talent, so this row decides which one you'll use. They're actually very competive with each other, with Vengeful Spirits taking the lead as health rises past 32k. However, Tome of Oshtur is actually an amazing item, and use of Blood Spirits will severely damage it's uptime, which swings things back into Sever's favor. Sever needs the minimum 40% bonus damage and crit chance Sever the Silver thread gives it to be worth using, so there's no real option to go with both. And the middle talent is unusable, because talented versions of Soul Brand don't trigger it, and none of the other skills that trigger it are worth slotting.

You are gearing some for power duration, what is it for and what is a good % to aim for?

Images not allowed?

@Yseviel said:

You are gearing some for power duration, what is it for and what is a good % to aim for?

Dark Pact benefits from power duration, both the lessers it summons and it's actual effect of 25% damage and duration of the shield. Because of this, there's no real target, just as much as you can get without giving up too much other stuff. That said, you need 25% minimum to line up Soul Brand's duration with N'astirh's power cooldown for a smooth rotation.

@CrusaderBro said:
O.o I see you've given this some thought......

Still, I wonder if Flag of the Skrull empire would be better. I think I just dislike using artifacts that don't perfectly match a heros stats.

I mean, she still benefits from the energy. just think of it as 320 damage rating, 400+ crit rating, 400+ brute rating, and a decent proc. It's just not as stupid good as it is for characters who hit 2 out of the 3 attributes.

@Nootteryouknow said:

@Yseviel said:

Dark Pact benefits from power duration, both the lessers it summons and it's actual effect of 25% damage and duration of the shield. Because of this, there's no real target, just as much as you can get without giving up too much other stuff. That said, you need 25% minimum to line up Soul Brand's duration with N'astirh's power cooldown for a smooth rotation.

Does Power Duration extend the duration of Back from Limbo, though? The tooltip says it's 10 seconds even though I have 32% power duration. Back from Limbo is the big hitter in the toolset so it makes sense to increase the duration. Do we know for sure that it's affected by Power Duration?