Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are back online with game update 2.03!
13»

[Test Center] Upcoming Adam Warlock Vendor Change

Location The void between states of being.Posts: 3,099 Cosmic

@TrenchCommando said:
Stupid question:

Where will the heroes and team-ups be sold? I admittedly have gotten all mine from Warlock and random boxes, etc.

Here is your answer in bold.

Hey folks,

One thing that we wanted to get the message out on a little early before it hits Test Center is a change to Adam Warlock and how Heroes and Team-Ups can be unlocked.

In an upcoming build, we are going to move entirely to the Hero & Team-Up Roster for the purposes of unlocking Heroes and Team-Ups, so Adam Warlock will no longer offer Hero or Team-Up Tokens as a part of his inventory.

There won't be any currency related changes as a side effect of this - you'll still be able to purchase Heroes and Team-Ups with both Eternity Splinters and Gs, with the same costs as normal. We're simply clearing out these tokens from Adam Warlock's inventory as they've become redundant with the Roster form of unlocks.

This change will hit Test Center likely within the next couple updates, so we wanted to ensure folks were aware and didn't panic if they saw that Adam Warlock's inventory had suddenly gotten much smaller.

Thanks!

Location BCPosts: 1,660 Fantastic

@blutmeister said:
i don't understand why this is being changed

From the perspective of a new player, this change makes sense. Having information/purchase options in multiple places is confusing, and it seems Gaz has decided to go with the Roster unlock interface rather than a vendor for Heroes and Team-Ups.

Location Avengers Tower's BathroomPosts: 87 Mighty

The excitement of getting that token from Adam Warlock and right click them is so much cool, c'mon :( I could be everywhere in the game and have to buy a hero, i still go to Adam Warlock and get the token :D
Anyway, just do it, one way of getting them with splinters is enough

AssembledLocation Doomsaw's Front LawnPosts: 1,468 Fantastic

@Swerto said:

Em k Well played I love making new friends.

To be clear, since a bunch of you seem surprised, you could unlock from the roster for months now. They are not adding anything to the roster UI with this update, they are just decluttering Adam Warlock's list.

@AgentVapor said:
Hey folks,

One thing that we wanted to get the message out on a little early before it hits Test Center is a change to Adam Warlock and how Heroes and Team-Ups can be unlocked.

In an upcoming build, we are going to move entirely to the Hero & Team-Up Roster for the purposes of unlocking Heroes and Team-Ups, so Adam Warlock will no longer offer Hero or Team-Up Tokens as a part of his inventory.

There won't be any currency related changes as a side effect of this - you'll still be able to purchase Heroes and Team-Ups with both Eternity Splinters and Gs, with the same costs as normal. We're simply clearing out these tokens from Adam Warlock's inventory as they've become redundant with the Roster form of unlocks.

This change will hit Test Center likely within the next couple updates, so we wanted to ensure folks were aware and didn't panic if they saw that Adam Warlock's inventory had suddenly gotten much smaller.

Thanks!

Any chance to add a option to exchange tokens? i have 2 heros with max rank on their ultimates, and i can do nothing.. pls make it happen :(

Ok. I had fun buying them from him, but if the change is necessary then I will accept it. I'll still get the satisfaction of pressing a button nonetheless!

@Poohbearx said:

@AgentVapor said:
Hey folks,

Thanks!

Any chance to add a option to exchange tokens? i have 2 heros with max rank on their ultimates, and i can do nothing.. pls make it happen :(

Isn't that exactly what the recipe in the exchange tab on the crafter is for?

edited February 19

i liked it just to pop up a hero token from inventory but its ok in that way.

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 5,709 Cosmic

I am surprised this got it's own blog/post but tons of other critical changes didn't even get a single line in the patch notes.

13»