Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers will be going offline at 6 AM PST for a game update. Downtime is expected to last up to 3 hours.
LAST CHANCE - Fortune Favors You Sale & Variant Costume Availability will end at Noon PST Thursday February 23rd.

[Test Center] Upcoming Adam Warlock Vendor Change

Location MNPosts: 1,174 Fantastic

@AgentVapor said:
Hey folks,

One thing that we wanted to get the message out on a little early before it hits Test Center is a change to Adam Warlock and how Heroes and Team-Ups can be unlocked.

In an upcoming build, we are going to move entirely to the Hero & Team-Up Roster for the purposes of unlocking Heroes and Team-Ups, so Adam Warlock will no longer offer Hero or Team-Up Tokens as a part of his inventory.

There won't be any currency related changes as a side effect of this - you'll still be able to purchase Heroes and Team-Ups with both Eternity Splinters and Gs, with the same costs as normal. We're simply clearing out these tokens from Adam Warlock's inventory as they've become redundant with the Roster form of unlocks.

This change will hit Test Center likely within the next couple updates, so we wanted to ensure folks were aware and didn't panic if they saw that Adam Warlock's inventory had suddenly gotten much smaller.

Thanks!

Smart. Cause I can see the messages we would have gotten without the heads up now. "AAAHHHH GAZ IS REMOVING THE PURCHASE OF HEROES WITH ETERNITY SPLINTERS AND WE CAN ONLY GET THEM FOR G'S AS A CASH GRAB. AAAAHHHH!!

We might still get a few, but those in the know will be able to fill them in rather quickly. lol.

This is just me getting my hopes up for him being playable ><

CovertLocation LimboPosts: 794 Amazing
edited February 17

@RocketWarlock said:
So what will he sell? 100 ES bov portals? lol

Ultimate Upgrade tokens, the raptor pet, and yeah, that.

@Wuuren said:
@Asros not to go off topic but can you please look into the cosmic vendor of Moondragon the items on there are very lack luster compared to the Jocasta vendor

... wut?

Cosmic vendor has far better items than ARMOR. The only thing ARMOR has is the enchantments and cores. None of its artifacts are BiS and the uniques are terrible.

Compare that to Cosmic which has power cosmic, power doop, doop inspiration, doop runes, and doop ectoplasm.

edited February 17

So Team-ups that don't appear at the roster and are available to be bought through Adam will now appear at the roster, right?

Location On GrindrPosts: 1,041 Fantastic

@Asros said:

@SpaceMomo said:
Aw... but i liked it....

Just to understand,

Hero tokens and team-up tokens are being removed from Adam Warlocks inventory but everything else (Random boxes) are staying correct?

Yep.

Can't you just give them to Domino and re-purpose Adam?

i don't understand why this is being changed

Location Talk less. Smile more. Posts: 12,189 Cosmic

And nothing of value was lost.

@blutmeister said:
i don't understand why this is being changed

Because Adam Warlock was cluttered by all those tokens that are redundant, since you can already buy heroes and team up from the Roster UI.

Make sense.

He'll still sell the other stuff like ult upgrade, random hero box, etc.

Gotta admit, my butthole clenched a little when I read the title.

Location On GrindrPosts: 1,041 Fantastic

@pierspradsy said:
I thought I read "Upcoming Adam Warlock playable" hahaha but nice change.

NEW MAIN.

Location Between teleportsPosts: 146 Incredible
edited February 17

@Swerto said:

@RocketWarlock said:

@Wuuren said:
@Asros not to go off topic but can you please look into the cosmic vendor of Moondragon the items on there are very lack luster compared to the Jocasta vendor

... wut?

Cosmic vendor has far better items than ARMOR. The only thing ARMOR has is the enchantments and cores. None of its artifacts are BiS and the uniques are terrible.

Compare that to Cosmic which has power cosmic, power doop, doop inspiration, doop runes, and doop ectoplasm.

... And one can never have enough of Doop :-? :-bd

@TrenchCommando said:
Stupid question:

Where will the heroes and team-ups be sold? I admittedly have gotten all mine from Warlock and random boxes, etc.

You'll be able to choose them in the roster menu.

AssembledLocation Doomsaw's Front LawnPosts: 1,469 Fantastic

@Swerto said:

@RocketWarlock said:

@Wuuren said:

... wut?

Ok I'm break this down.

Power Cosmic needs to be updated since most level 80 Legendaries are far superior.

Power Doop one time purchase its not like your going keep buying the same runeword recipe over and over again ... for what ???

Doop Inspiration as stated above ^

Doop Runes let see its used for runewords and not even trying you can get 300 worldstones easily compared to A.R.M.O.R drives I meant lets be real with this.

Not too mention I've gotten Doop Rune drops when it hasn't been a cosmic event.

Doop Ectoplasm this item cannot be bis for any hero considering you want cosmic artifacts and later Omega Arts.

Outside of using the Doop Runes for runewords . I mean still trying to see the difference of artifacts, enchanments, armor catalyst , uniques....

Location Earth-616Posts: 249 Amazing

@Asros said:

@SpaceMomo said:
Aw... but i liked it....

Just to understand,

Hero tokens and team-up tokens are being removed from Adam Warlocks inventory but everything else (Random boxes) are staying correct?

Yep.

Since we are speaking of random boxes, any chanche to have a random TU box added?

Phoenix PoweredPosts: 632 Amazing

@AgentVapor said:
In an upcoming build, we are going to move entirely to the Hero & Team-Up Roster for the purposes of unlocking Heroes and Team-Ups, so Adam Warlock will no longer offer Hero or Team-Up Tokens as a part of his inventory.

There won't be any currency related changes as a side effect of this - you'll still be able to purchase Heroes and Team-Ups with both Eternity Splinters and Gs, with the same costs as normal. We're simply clearing out these tokens from Adam Warlock's inventory as they've become redundant with the Roster form of unlocks.

So if you're normalizing on that, does this mean that the regular G store will also drop the sections it has for Heroes and Teamups, so that the Hero and Team-Up Roster is the only way to get them?

Location The Golden StatePosts: 121 Incredible

Has there been any talk of ever having random teamup unlock for 175 splinters?

CovertLocation LimboPosts: 794 Amazing
edited February 17

@Wuuren said:

@Swerto said:

@RocketWarlock said:

@Wuuren said:

... wut?

Ok I'm break this down.

Power Cosmic needs to be updated since most level 80 Legendaries are far superior.

No it isn't. Do the math. 1500 DR to the attack types you use, and if you use two damage types an effective 700 DR from mainstats (16% damage = 640 DR + 60 DR from the 120 CDR/2). Oh, and 1500 health. That's a total of 2200 DR and 1500 HP - far more than any of the other legendaries. If you have your crit rating handled elsewhere it isn't even a contest compared to others on hybrids. Doom and Rogue can bump that up to 2550 effective DR + 1500 HP.

Power Doop one time purchase its not like your going keep buying the same runeword recipe over and over again ... for what ???

Doop Inspiration as stated above ^

Still a purchase, still on the vendor.

Doop Runes let see its used for runewords and not even trying you can get 300 worldstones easily compared to A.R.M.O.R drives I meant lets be real with this.

Not too mention I've gotten Doop Rune drops when it hasn't been a cosmic event.

>

Doop Ectoplasm this item cannot be bis for any hero considering you want cosmic artifacts and later Omega Arts.

Yes it is on every mental/energy hybrid. It's 800 effective DR from the 20% damage, and 799 DR from the other. 1599 DR on a single artifact slot is more than effective enough to put it in the top 4 for hybrids. Losing one cosmic enchant (let's be honest, no energy/mental hybrid needs all 4, the ones after +1 all and 15% sig cooldown will just slightly delay your death if you're out of position)

Outside of using the Doop Runes for runewords . I mean still trying to see the difference of artifacts, enchanments, armor catalyst , uniques....

Insignia upgrades? I drop 500 cosmic runes on every good insignia that drops and sell it for a premium compared to if I sold it without doing that since the buyer won't have to hunt down a doop rune. I've also just flat sold insignia upgrading as a service when I've had a surplus of 2k worldstones.

Location Unknown Location somewhere between Olympus and Poseidon's UnderpantPosts: 145 Incredible
edited February 17

@Roscuro said:
where i'm i going go to buy heroes and team-up with es?

@TrenchCommando said:
Stupid question:

Where will the heroes and team-ups be sold? I admittedly have gotten all mine from Warlock and random boxes, etc.

Press T -> Select hero you haven't own yet -> Click "Unlock"
For example:

Location The Porcelain ThronePosts: 604 Amazing
edited February 17

@AgentVapor Hope you guys remember to add Archangel to the Hero/Team-Up Roster tab, as the current build on Live (and past builds) never included Archangel if he is still unlocked.

Only way to unlock Archangel as of now is through Adam Warlock or via G Store.