Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online! If you experience any disconnections or issues with achievements... let us know! Thank you for your on-going patience.

New Boosts Overview

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,067 Staff
edited February 10

Ahoy-hoy,

We’re very excited to announce the launch of our newest suite of Boosts! These collectively allow players to accelerate the progression of their Heroes in various ways that allow players to fully unbox a new Hero that much faster. We’re very excited to finally share this with you all, and this discussion will showcase how these new systems work.

New Boosts for a New Era

From now on, Marvel Heroes offers four, simple varieties of boosts:

• Currency Boosts - increase the rate you accrue currencies of various kinds

• Experience Boosts - increase the rate you gain experience

• S.H.I.E.L.D. Supply Drop Boost - increases the rate you gain special loot (more detail below)

• Combination Boost - An efficient way to get one stack of all three of the effects above!

These four new Boosts have replaced all previous varieties that might be found in Fortune Cards and Mystery Boxes. Also, to ease boost transition, there are two vendors now in Avengers Tower: one that lets you exchange any boost you currently have for boost vouchers, at a rate based on the old Boost’s value. Those vouchers can then be used to buy any of the four new ones. Note: all exchanges are final, so exchange carefully!

This new grip of boosts work a little differently, in the past our boosts lasted an hour but they did not increase in duration with each successive boost use. Now, they are 30 minutes but the 2nd boost adds 30 minutes and so forth. The first five Boosts of a type (e.g. Currency) will give you increased potency and an additional thirty minutes per boost. Then, after five stacks, each additional Boost of that kind will increase the duration of that effect by an additional thirty minutes. The Combo boosts works differently as well, each one grants an application of each of the three other types of boosts! This makes is a very convenient way to stack up all three boosts to max. These follow the same rules as if you had simply consumed a single of each of the three boost types.

As with previous boosts, players can expect to earn these from the Daily Login Gifts, Fortune Cards, and of course the in-game Store. With these, players can greatly enhance different aspects of the progression experience of their favorite Heroes.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Supply Drop

Please welcome our newest Boost design: S.H.I.E.L.D. Supply Drop Boosts! While you have this Boost activated, you gain S.H.I.E.L.D. Supply Points when you neutralize enemies, which show up as a progress bar in you HUD. Certain types of enemies yield more points than others (Bosses yield the most), and certain areas yield different amounts of points to normalize for different enemy densities and progress speeds (e.g. harder difficulties get a boost to compensate for the slower completion rate). Two very important caveats: Supply Points will not be available in Raids, and gain is static across all difficulties of the Danger Room. We are currently working to address this.

Once you fill your bar with points, you’ll see some really snazzy effects alerting you that brand new S.H.I.E.L.D. Supply Chest has been deposited directly into your inventory! Then all you need to do is just pop open the chest and enjoy your new, sweet loot (relative to the Hero who obtained the chest).

Happy Boosting!

From the desk of @TheArtofRawr

True BelieverLocation Beast's LabPosts: 9,370 Cosmic
edited February 10

Very awesome. Thanks for the overview @KomoriMan. :D

Any chance of a slider that specifically turns down the sound of the Shield Supply Drop box being gained or opened. It's a bit loud compared to the other game sound effects. Like jarringly so. :)

To quote Adam West:

:: BIF! ::

;)

You should give away one free BIF -- err, SSD --- potion to get us hooked.

Location Zika infested FloridaPosts: 871 Amazing

So this is the new BIF? The name was growing on me.

OK, so it's actually an Activator, since there is nothing to boost without the consumable and no chance at getting a supply drop without it. Considering the progress bar is always in the UI the name is a bit misleading.

What happens if we don't fill the bar up before the timer runs out? Is our progress preserved until the next 'boost' is used? Or do we have to start fresh each time?

When will you publish the Bosses and Mobs devblog ? (It was supposed to come "soon" in december but had been pushed back to Early february and as far as we know it is still coming ?)

@KomoriMan will we be able to exceed the current 1200ish xp cap with these new boosts?

Will the Experience and Combination Boost stack?

Location OzPosts: 366 Amazing

So the Shield Supply drops are what was previously called BIF boost and can only be activated with the boost? I ask because neither the patch notes nor this post are clear about this.

edited February 10

@WKrober said:

the xp boost portion is the same so they wont go past 200% with 5 total stacks.

@KomoriMan said:
These four new Boosts have replaced all previous varieties that might be found in Fortune Cards and Mystery Boxes.

FYI, the St Patricks Day card 36 bundle still lists the old boosts on the store page description. No idea about the cards themselves.
Edit: nevermind, those cards are now gone from the store :)

@AgentVapor

Very cool.
Thanks.

So just to be sure, if we use 5 exp potions that will be 200% for 2.5 hours? Because that's not how it's worded in game.

@Airoc said:

@WKrober said:

the xp boost portion is the same so they wont go past 200% with 5 total stacks.

So someday in the future the most we will every boost to is 400%. That's gonna be tough.

Location Somewhere doing somethingPosts: 2,883 Fantastic

@KomoriMan said:
Supply Points when you neutralize enemies

So i finally got an answer to the question that was bothering me.

We are not actually defeating/killing them but Neutralize them.

Good to know, now back to neutralize some more.

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,067 Staff

@morroIan said:
So the Shield Supply drops are what was previously called BIF boost and can only be activated with the boost? I ask because neither the patch notes nor this post are clear about this.

Correct! BIF turned into SHIELD Supply Drops.

@Rasetsu said:
When will you publish the Bosses and Mobs devblog ? (It was supposed to come "soon" in december but had been pushed back to Early february and as far as we know it is still coming ?)

It is still coming! I'll see if I can grab a date range.

@Sorenia said:
So just to be sure, if we use 5 exp potions that will be 200% for 2.5 hours? Because that's not how it's worded in game.

That is correct.

The XP Bonus (like boosts, cyclops synergy, mole man medallion, etc...) affects the charge rate of the suply bar?