Categories

2»

[Feedback Request] Magik Feedback

Location drug dealin' just to get byPosts: 1,176 Fantastic

I'm not sure whether this is intentional behavior or not, but the Stepping Disc Mastery talent doesn't appear to me making Step to Me unresistable.

Bosses (and mobs that survive its damage) don't seem to be able to be affected for 20-30s after the first application, and bosses being attacked by others (and presumably hit with various CC affects) usually can't be teleported at all

Thanks for the chance to give feedback @KomoriMan

What are your favorite powers or design aspects of Magik? What are your least favorite? Is there a particular power that you enjoy using more than any others, or is there a unique play-style element to Magik that makes you enjoy them more than other heroes? Are there any powers or Talents that you simply don't like or never use, and if so, why?

• Visually she looks great, the sword, the summons, the incantations. Just love the look of her and her abilities are very responsive and looks great visually.
  • Her itemization and her skillset don't mesh well together. She is energy/fighting, but the artifacts out there that benefit her are usually intelligence based. Her uniques have +summon damage, but it doesn't benefit a pure melee build. As a melee hero, she is quite fragile as well.
  • I don't use Bone wall at all, and I am 100% sure no one else uses it. For traits, I'm 100% sure no one uses Bile Demons or Blood spirit. Bile demons simple transforms the melee demons to range, but her other Tier 1 traits provide so much more. Same for blood spirit, +damage at the cost of health is simply no no in cosmic content.

Do you have any suggestions that you think would make Magik even more fun to play? The more specific you can be, the better! This can be anything from a change to an existing power, a completely new power or game play mechanic, or even cosmetic changes that you just think would look cool!

• To combat her fragility, I would suggest removing Blood spirit and swapping it for another trait that transforms bone wall to a cooldown ability that provides some kind of damage reduction to the hero. This would provide players the choice to either go for more damage with the other Tier 4 traits or for more defense.
  • I also do think she should be an Intelligence/Fighting char, rather than energy/fighting as she is a mental based hero. This will help in her itemization as well.
  • Lastly, I think Bile Demons should change into summoning both range and melee demons. Activating the ability again refreshes the summon duration of the summons.

How do you currently customize your Talents and Traits on Magik? Please be as specific as possible here; is there a particular build you prefer to use over the other options? Feel free to post a screenshot of your favorite Talents & Traits setup!
http://marvelheroes.info/build/2862/

Are there any bugs that apply specifically to Magik that you'd like to report? If there is a specific power, resource mechanic or hero-specific Unique that you have noticed not working as expected for Magik, please let us know here.

• Sorry I don't test Magik that much.

Wishlist: Spiderman, Thor, Emma Frost (TQ Drogsilacctg!), Invisible Woman, War Machine, Black Cat (Black Friday!), Cable, Ant Man

Location In my pc... wait wat ??Posts: 251 Amazing
edited September 30

Here's my feedback about little sis Illyana

@Asros @MichaelMayhem

Magik Year 2015

Play her as summoner but the day you released, you've decided to make a shutdown after her release the same day and after that PAF my signature before shutdown 15M after shutdown 2M... WHAT THE HELL !!!

• After shutdown you kill her
  • Try to play her as melee / sum and Ranged / Sum... very meh
  • i was happy

Magik Year 2016

• She stayed in hell no moar calling

Magik YEAR Majin BUE

• Traits.... big JOKE forced to play summoner or try without but you needed... No thanks
  • Change trait and make Only during fight demons are summoned all of them
  • Let us choose playing summoner / melee or ranged no more force to play summoner...
  • only her signature does damage
  • Soul Cleaving doesn't do extra damage with soul brand used
  • Spirit fang extra damage when summoned.. no thanks extra damage with soul brand when soul brand is use as sorcery
  • Bone Wall find another utility no one use a wall
  • All non signature skills doesn't do damage... fix IT

Review Her make her great again and no more Nerf in the shadow

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/321610/what-im-waiting-for-the-4th-anniversary-or-during-2017#latest
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/312609/feedback-request-rogue-feedback/p2
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitDwJ3j-qxhMZcE00pUV1w (guide video)
Review needed
Anna (Rogue) check the link / Illyana (Magik) / Tasha (BW) / Carol (Ms Marvel) / Cable / Susie (Invisible Woman)
VU needed
Rogue / Laura / Jennifer (Lawyer costume) / Rachel Coles-Alves / Kitty age of apocalypse / Ms Marvel Warbird /
New Costumes needed
Ghost Rider Trail of Tears Costume / Magik House of M / Spidey Fear Itself / Ms Marvel Fear Itself / Black Vortex Kitty Pryde / Rogue New X-Men / Moon knight Horsemen of Apocalypse / Invisible Woman Ultimate Jacket, / Captain Marvel Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, / Black Cat House of M /
New Heroes/Anti Heroes playable wish
Morbius / Nico Minoru / Northstar / Dr Nemesis / Werewolf / SwordWoman / Dazzler / Bruunhilde / Devil Slayer / Amelia Weatherly (Nemesis - Alpha Flight) / Mysterio
New Team-UP wish
Sage / Venus / Hazmat / Armor (Hisako Ichiki) / Aurora (if northstar will be taken) / Hope Summers / Starfox / Wolfsbane

I'd like for there to be a melee build where I don't have to see those floating spirits circling around Magik. Before the big update I could choose to not slot certain powers and not have to see them. Now it seems like this is an option that just does not exist.

Also if this does exist and I just don't know how to do it please let me know.

edited June 26

My main has become pretty much boring after the big update, and that's a shame because she used to be good and fun to use in multiple ways, and I'm not a hater of the update, other characters have gotten a lot more fun.

As a summoner she needs to get back her numbers, I have a grand total of 3 slots occupied for a meager 4 summons that can barely become 6 at short intervals, they keep despawning, the cooldowns are obnoxiously long and they don't even appear where I point at. She needs numbers without sacrificing half a skill bar, and also to be able to command them a lot more often, I've no idea what those 10 seconds are necessary for.
Another backwards thing is how the Fist also replaces the other two short lived lesser demons.

She was so nice when she showed up with the command bar and all the options...

EDIT: I read some people hating on bone wall, I only disagree completely with that, always thought it's at least a fun skill. In any case, let her be a fun summoner again

Location AvalonPosts: 883 Amazing

@KomoriMan said:
Ahoy-hoy folks,

Let's start some fresh feedback(again) with the Biggest Update Ever releasing and the change to Talents & Traits:

• What are your favorite powers or design aspects of Magik? What are your least favorite? Is there a particular power that you enjoy using more than any others, or is there a unique play-style element to Magik that makes you enjoy them more than other heroes? Are there any powers or Talents that you simply don't like or never use, and if so, why?

I really, really enjoy her. So this will be short...

• Do you have any suggestions that you think would make Magik even more fun to play? The more specific you can be, the better! This can be anything from a change to an existing power, a completely new power or game play mechanic, or even cosmetic changes that you just think would look cool!

It would be nice is Soul Brand's effect was displayed on all powers it effected from the Branded Mind talent when it was active.

It seems that Sorcery powers aren't gaining the Soul Brand effect.
Reported in Bugs below.
Fixing those would allow for further testing. ;)

• How do you currently customize your Talents and Traits on Magik? Please be as specific as possible here; is there a particular build you prefer to use over the other options? Feel free to post a screenshot of your favorite Talents & Traits setup!

Build: Some Kind of Magik

• Are there any bugs that apply specifically to Magik that you'd like to report? If there is a specific power, resource mechanic or hero-specific Unique that you have noticed not working as expected for Magik, please let us know here.

@KomoriMan @AgentVapor

Eternal Servitude/Back From Limbo seem all kind of buggy, or maybe incomplete?

Soul Shockwave doesn't appear to be receiving Soul Brand's effect from the Branded Mind talent even though it is tagged Sorcery. Far as I can tell no Sorcery powers are getting the effect from Soul Brand.

If there's anything else you'd like to give feedback on that is not covered by the above questions, please feel free to add whatever you think we should know.

Thanks!

No, Thank You!

edited September 7

Deleted to repost with tags.

@Asros @MichaelMayhem

So, I've been playing a lot of Path of Exile since it's 3.0 patch dropped. While overall combat in PoE is significantly clunkier than MH due to lack of canceling, and too much emphasis on builds being 1 to 2 actual buttons late game, I've been playing a lot with Flickering Strike, which is one of the well designed skills that's been around since the game launched.

Now, for those that haven't played Path of Exile, Flickering Strike is basically Soul Sever. It's a melee attack that teleports you to a target (usually behind) and hits for higher than normal damage, and features a 2 second cooldown, which is essentially what Sever had when it required charges to use. That cooldown however, can be bypassed by spending a frenzy charge, which is obtained by either striking an enemy with the skill frenzy, or more commonly as a chance on kill during the Blood Rage skill.

I'd really like to see the above mechanic applied to Soul Sever instead of increasing the damage dealt by severe. Flickering Strike is almost also always used while supported by multi strike, an effect which causes the linked skill to repeat 3 times at the cost of a damage penalty. This is also something I'd like to see implemented for Magik - remove 7 league step as is from her skills, because frankly it's garbage at current anyway. Have Stepping Disk Mastery instead make Soul Sever repeat two extra times, essentially making Severe into a better version of the baseline 7LS. Alter Severe the Silver Thread to allow Souls to be expended by Severe to bypass it's cooldown instead giving a damage bonus per soul expended on the skill; and change Silver Thread's soul generation to only be hits from Soul Cleaving or Soul Slashing.

The above changes would change Magik's single target melee playstyle into a build charge>unload charges playstyle instead of just playing ineffective whack-a-mole with melee cooldown, while allowing her to clear trash with a series of teleport strikes.

2»