Categories

Dawn of a New Age Guide Contest! 1/30-3/3

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,521 Staff
edited March 30

Ahoy-hoy Heroes of Marvel Heroes 2016!

As we launched the Biggest Update Ever, we are enlisting your help!

HOW IT WORKS

1. Head to our official forums to the “Hero Forums”. We have 59 heroes available for you to choose from.

2. Pick a Hero and create your own guide! Create a thread and focus on topics like Best Raiding Spec, Most Effective PvP Build, Best Overall Build, etc.

3. The title of the guide thread must include “HERO GUIDE 2017” to qualify for this contest. Providing reason behind your guide and great image assets will increase your chances to win!

4. Submissions must be entered between 12:01pm Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on Monday, January 30th, 2017 and 11:59pm PST on Friday, March 3rd, 2017.

5. A committee made up of our community team and developers will pick ten winners and we will highlight them on or around Monday, March 6th, 2017.

6. Guides cannot contain embedded/links to third-party videos or videos that have voice-over. If you wish to include a video, please only show Marvel Heroes 2016 game play and text. Videos that focus on gameplay and have text to help aid the guide will qualify.

7. There are NO limits to how many guides you can enter but know that only one guide you create can win in this contest.

8. Guides that are created ONLY under the appropriate hero will qualify for the contest. For example, a Spider-Man guide must appear under the Spider-Man Hero section in the forum.

PRIZES

Winners of the contest will receive…

Any Hero Bundle of your choice (value of Hero Bundle) not to exceed 3,000 Gs.
Options include …

• Ghost Rider and Quake Bundle
  • Marvel’s Luke Cage Bundle
  • Future Beast Hero Bundle
  • Superior Spider-Man Bundle
  • Thor Beta Ray Bill Enhanced Bundle

All Submissions will be judged by the committee based on the following equally weighted judging criteria: (a) Creativity, (b) Originality, (c) Quality of Detail (d) Legibility (e) Overall design, (f) Quality of Content, (g) Consistency with the theme, and (h) Potential for use in-game or in advertising.

No purchase necessary to enter or win. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C who are of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, and at least 18. Odds of winning a prize during the Contest Period depend on the number of entries. 5 Prizes: Approximately US$19.99 each. Contest ends 11:59 p.m. PST 3/03/2017. Void outside area listed and where prohibited. Subject to Official Rules, available at this link.

If you have any questions about this contest, ask away! Feel free to also link your guides in this thread as well (Guides will ONLY qualify if they were made within the contest period of time)

Winners

In no particular order...

If anyone wants individual feedback on your guide, please PM me directly! I unfortunately don't have the time to PM everyone individually about their guides.

Community Manager
Twitter: Pudgyboi
Asterisk = Subject to Change
Have a Suggestion or Feedback for MH? PM me!
Follow MH on Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, YouTube, etc.

Location Playing with Carnage, Angela and Moon KnightPosts: 1,579 Fantastic

I'm working on an Angela guide right now, but, I can't post anything until the 7th :(

Cosmic: Angela, Moon Knight, Taskmaster, Rocket Racoon, Star Lord, Black Bolt, X23, Beast, Blade, Gambit, Venom

Other faves: Wolverine, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Loki, Psylocke, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Daredevil

Im realy intrested how the Thing or Mr. Fantastic guides will look like "Just roll!", "Just bounce!".

Location Up On Melancholy HillPosts: 1,495 Fantastic

@KomoriMan Where is the Spiderman guide on how to sit behind a desk calmly while-ist racking up the most awesome farm worthy posts at?!

I half think it's some secret ploy to get players to dish out details on OP builds to nerf us but j/k this looks like a really fun idea and a neat contest.

I'd enter but when I try to type anything it comes out as plus I never seem to win, life made a deal to conspire against me since birth!

edited January 28

hmmmm... so its us only....

Giveaway mostly for newer players or those that don't have everything. Inb4 vets pushed to backburner again. :))

Location Stealth ModePosts: 6,101 Cosmic

Um. Why no voice over?

I'd love to make guides, but just really want to wait until after things are more settled and nerfs/buffs happen and items are more finalized.

Sig by Soulebreaker

Interesting! My Mr. Fantastic build!

Location Out hotwiring Robbie Reyes' Hell ChargerPosts: 260 Amazing

Well seeing as I posted my Hulk 2.0 Guide on day two of the BUE and I just posted my Punisher guide LAST NIGHT....I will need to write another one :)

Location When Cannonball?Posts: 1,710 Fantastic

@DRTakaMudd Just go with the NC rapid teleporter build. We basically run the same thing, but you put the effort to make it an actual forum post. Easy win. Haha.

Location Behind a mirror, Fisting myselfPosts: 1,768 Fantastic

@KomoriMan said:
Ahoy-hoy Heroes of Marvel Heroes 2016!

As we launched the Biggest Update Ever, we are enlisting your help!

HOW IT WORKS

1. Head to our official forums to the “Hero Forums”. We have 59 heroes available for you to choose from.

2. Pick a Hero and create your own guide! Create a thread and focus on topics like Best Raiding Spec, Most Effective PvP Build, Best Overall Build, etc.

1. The title of the guide thread must include “HERO GUIDE 2017” to qualify for this contest. Providing reason behind your guide and great image assets will increase your chances to win!
  2. Submissions must be entered between 12:01pm Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on Tuesday, January 30th, 2017 and 11:59pm PST on Friday, March 3rd, 2017.
  3. A committee made up of our community team and developers will pick ten winners and we will highlight them on or aroundMonday, March 6th, 2017.
  4. Guides cannot contain embedded/links to third-party videos or videos that have voice-over. If you wish to include a video, please only show Marvel Heroes 2016 game play and text. Videos that focus on gameplay and have text to help aid the guide will qualify.

5. There are NO limits to how many guides you can enter but know that only one guide you create can win in this contest.

6. Guides that are created ONLY under the appropriate hero will qualify for the contest. For example, a Spider-Man guide must appear under the Spider-Man Hero section in the forum.

PRIZES

Winners of the contest will receive…

A Hero Bundle of your choice (value of Hero Bundle) not to exceed 3,000 Gs.
Options include …

• Ghost Rider and Quake Bundle
  • Marvel’s Luke Cage Bundle
  • Future Beast Hero Bundle
  • Superior Spider-Man Bundle
  • Thor Beta Ray Bill Enhanced Bundle

All Submissions will be judged by the committee based on the following equally weighted judging criteria: (a) Creativity, (b) Originality, (c) Quality of Detail (d) Legibility (e) Overall design, (f) Quality of Content, (g) Consistency with the theme, and (h) Potential for use in-game or in advertising.

No purchase necessary to enter or win. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C who are of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, and at least 18. Odds of winning a prize during the Contest Period depend on the number of entries. 5 Prizes: Approximately US$19.99 each. Contest ends 11:59 p.m. PST 2/17/2017. Void outside area listed and where prohibited. Subject to Official Rules, available at this link.

If you have any questions about this contest, ask away! Feel free to also link your guides in this thread as well (Guides will ONLY qualify if they were made within the contest period of time)

... and here i thought it was "Dawn of the new age Content"

This discussion has been closed.