Categories

2»

How To Build Magik?

Location Mystic FallsPosts: 2,372 Fantastic

@Nootteryouknow is back from limbo okay after last patch?

@BeWitchery said:
@Nootteryouknow is back from limbo okay after last patch?

The "bug fix" to back from limbo cost me about a minute TTK on all builds I've tried, so it's been pretty gutted.

That said, it's also still her strongest layer option, by a pretty massive margin to any other skill options. So not only is it massively nerfed, it's still entirely mandatory. Yay!

As for other skills slots, hope you like summons, because they win. N'astirh is slightly ahead of lessers from my napkin math and test, especially since his dimensional tear gains from your power duration. Lesser demons are are right behind him though and close enough to be an either/or for once.

Dark Pact was changed to a total damage multiplier in one of the recent patches, so it's a solid choice with Dark Alliance. Has a small bug with power duration.

So yeah, hope you like summons, and kept ye olde Doom Medallion. Hungry Spirits (Blood Spirits talented version of Vengeful Spirits) is better than Soul Sever with perfect spirit management and >32k HP, but it's a lot more effort. It would win by a mile if the summon damage scaling affix on it worked.

Cast/Animation times on all her layer options that aren't summons are simply too high. They're all DPS gains over Cleave, but barely.

Summon hybrid is the only way to play Magik effectively right now according to my tests. Everything else falls behind by a lot. The biggest issue with Magik however, is that gear does almost nothing for her in terms of scaling because shes a hybrid type. Stacking main stat does not give power to her summons and vice versa.

:-/ so go gear with summon dmg or what y'all think?

So theres 3 ways I built her to achieve okayish ttk. The first one that hit 1:59 pre nerfed limbo was stacking all melee gear but going summons. Now its ttk is somewhere around the 2:45 mark.

The second build was completely ignoring main stats and going summon gear along with things that proc summons. The procced summons from things like sinister medallion for example, can be treated as extra dot layers. Each summoned pet was doing around 30-45k damage a hit which is way more than what Magik scales off of.

The third was a hybrid of the two.

One thing I can say for sure is that main stat on a Magik that uses Dark Alliance is pretty bad because her pets just don't scale off main stat at all. The other thing I can say is that procing items in general are strong. So fragment of twilight procs a 40k damage dot. All these procs that do 10-50k damage used to be horrible. Now you can think of them as a chance at an extra move that deals pretty good damage.

Basically take your pick because Magik's in a pretty poor spot right now so it simply does not matter =/ She simply does not scale well with gear with the current system. I literally did a test with all int summon gear and the ttk came out nearly identical as stacking main stat.

@Azuni said:
So theres 3 ways I built her to achieve okayish ttk. The first one that hit 1:59 pre nerfed limbo was stacking all melee gear but going summons. Now its ttk is somewhere around the 2:45 mark.

The second build was completely ignoring main stats and going summon gear along with things that proc summons. The procced summons from things like sinister medallion for example, can be treated as extra dot layers. Each summoned pet was doing around 30-45k damage a hit which is way more than what Magik scales off of.

The third was a hybrid of the two.

One thing I can say for sure is that main stat on a Magik that uses Dark Alliance is pretty bad because her pets just don't scale off main stat at all. The other thing I can say is that procing items in general are strong. So fragment of twilight procs a 40k damage dot. All these procs that do 10-50k damage used to be horrible. Now you can think of them as a chance at an extra move that deals pretty good damage.

Basically take your pick because Magik's in a pretty poor spot right now so it simply does not matter =/ She simply does not scale well with gear with the current system. I literally did a test with all int summon gear and the ttk came out nearly identical as stacking main stat.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/311820/magik-dark-alliance-power-duration-bug#latest this is also a major issue with Dark Alliance right now. DA is also RNG driven on how much damage you gain from it, as lesser spawn by it will obey the lesser leap command, and the spitters will only obey the attack command for spitters, and neither does anything with N'astirh. if you could consistently get lessers then lessers could ull slightly ahead of n'astirh (by less than 1% damage), but otherwise N'astirh should win out as the summon of choice.

What are you using for gear without going for the summon proc gimmick? I'm finding it impossible to break the 3 minute barrier since BfL was nerfed, although I'm right on that barrier now that I swapped her boots for a Skrull uniform. I need to get another coat to try over the mantle, and I supposed I could give trident a shot over eye again.

On the upside, a 3 minute cosmic raid dummy time to kill is more than enough to plow all current content comfortably, and she's nearly invincible in builds that use Dark Pact. I did a test of endurance cosmic danger room chip early and didn't even take damage till I stopped to type on top of a flame trap.

Askani'sonPosts: 64 Mighty

@pythonXV said:
Before the patch, I was using Azuni's melee build and loving it. I was able to recreate it using the talents after the patch.

I used to be able to blast through every content in the game, I still can but not as quickly.
I've decently played only Carol and Magik after the patch, and I can say Magik's survivability is still much higher. The "glorified dash" still annoys me but she is still very agile and can keep her distance even with melee skills.
The only problem I've encountered so far is the spirit issue. The irony of Magik having spirit issues aside, you can easily by-pass it by using her basic melee. I'm using "Soul Cleaving" but still, only after 1,5 half minute into a non-stop battle lack of spirit binds my hands.

Don't mind the Lemuria by the way. Use Atlantis if you can.
Also the insignia is Phoenix and the medallion is Skrull Avengers(would use Shield Agent if it had a decent roll).

Where does one get that sling ring?

Location WafflelandPosts: 1,412 Fantastic

@Asaltar said:

Where does one get that sling ring?

It comes from the Doc Strange event.

So I'm in the process of testing out cosmic versions of mental UEB and Hood of the Reaper to see if I can get a better build.

@Nootteryouknow
Slot 1 = Frag of Twilight
Slot 2 = X Men Uniform though it might be possible her own slot 2 is actually better now with stat weights heavily favoring crit chance and brut chance.
Slot 3 = Her own
Slot 4 = Her own
Slot 5 = Essence of Jinn
Red Onslaught Medallion

Artifacts I am testing right now
Crossbones, UEB, Reaper Hood, EoI

I currently have around 2:50 with this setup. With some swaps its probably possible to go down to 2:40. The difficulty of gearing Magik is definitely there. Her melee skills are almost all dps losses at this point, but going too much summoner gear also makes her hit like a wet noodle. Balancing out the in between is challenging. This new system has been bad for her scaling in general. Hopefully they fix summons soon or greatly increase her base damage values.

@Azuni said:
So I'm in the process of testing out cosmic versions of mental UEB and Hood of the Reaper to see if I can get a better build.

@Nootteryouknow
Slot 1 = Frag of Twilight
Slot 2 = X Men Uniform though it might be possible her own slot 2 is actually better now with stat weights heavily favoring crit chance and brut chance.
Slot 3 = Her own
Slot 4 = Her own
Slot 5 = Essence of Jinn
Red Onslaught Medallion

Artifacts I am testing right now
Crossbones, UEB, Reaper Hood, EoI

I currently have around 2:50 with this setup. With some swaps its probably possible to go down to 2:40. The difficulty of gearing Magik is definitely there. Her melee skills are almost all dps losses at this point, but going too much summoner gear also makes her hit like a wet noodle. Balancing out the in between is challenging. This new system has been bad for her scaling in general. Hopefully they fix summons soon or greatly increase her base damage values.

I gave her own slot 2 a try again, it was way behind, likely because of snapshotting issues. I had tried Essence of Jinn too, but the proc coefficient on Soul Brand was giving me absolutely terrible uptime on the proc. I can try it over Goat, but I'm not optimistic.

I've trimmed down to somewhere under 3 after switching to Skrull Uniform for slot 4, but I am back to medkitting often for spirit even with Calculated Efficiency maxed and a pool size of 770.

I'm sitting at ~60% sheet crit and ~50% sheet brute while Fragment's proc is up.

Also, Seven League Step is so bad since they made it function like a dash, to the point it's a damage loss over Soul Cleaving without Soul brand being up. All the other cooldowns are at least DPS gains over Cleave, even if they aren't enough to use over summons, but Seven League Step is actively a damage loss no matter what you do.

edited February 8

Yeah most of Magik's moves are a DPS loss over autoattacking with pets up right now. Its a huge issue with the character. And even her pets are pretty bad. Numbers wise they seem to be on par with Storm's dots per 1 pet but they do not scale with critical and brutal damage ratings like a dot layer would. Some serious overhaul has to be done with the pets. One bandaid fix they could possibly do right now is increase summoned allied damage on all items by almost double. This wouldn't fix the underlying issue in the long run though.

On the melee side of things, one of the things they could do is increase the cooldown of Sorcerous Eruption to 8 seconds but also triple the damage. Back from limbo has so much of Magik's power right now that you cannot avoid taking the skill. Also, this is something that I've tried to push for since the release of Magik; Soul Sever needs to auto brutal strike at 5 charges. Unfortunately the devs have been stubborn with buffing Magik because they seem to think she's fine? Anyhow, as it stands shes definitely in the struggling category because a lot of characters seem to be reaching 2:20 ttk and under at this point.

Ranged is absolutely terrible. Tier 1 fleeting souls talent needs to increase ranged skills damage by 15% like the melee one does. All her vengeful spirits are terrible damage compared to soul sever as well. Soul Shockwave needs summoned ally bonus damage modifiers. Restless spirits talent is buggy but it also needs to regenerate souls over time.

Overall, she basically needs huge base damage increases.

Funny thing, they're actually nerfing Eruption this patch.

But yeah, at current, by 5-6k infinity, Shockwave, Eruption, Fangs, and Vengeful Spirits will over take the summons, but Seven League Step will still be a DPS loss.

Yeah I saw the post from Agent. That's hilarious considering how weak she is already. I'll probably shelve her until they realize she needs work. Time to face roll on the Thing....literally. I guess they don't plan on tweaking numbers until the crazy amount of bugs are all fixed.

That means the top tiers are:
Wanda, Marvel, Thing, Iron Fist, Ranged Nova, Storm, Fantastic

And I mean by a long shot... =)

Wanda getting hammered now also. cant believe they nerfed AGIK

2»