Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
Our Big 10 event is now live, and so are our Big 10 sales! Get 50% off all Heroes, Costumes, Team-Ups and Pets in the in-game store for a limited time!

How To Build Magik?

Hey y'all,

First of all I would like to say that I personally love the Big Update. You can agree or disagree, that's up to you, but just wanted to say that before anything else.

Second of all, and my main point, I used to main Magik. I loved her powers, her damage, her visuals. I still do. However, when I tried to level her yesterday, I found out I really can't get her to do enough damage to survive a simple story boss fight. When playing as Jean, Scarlet, or Emma, I usually complete a boss fight within 10 seconds, but when I tried to do the same with Magik, it takes at least a few minutes and I keep dying. I don't remember the exact powers and talents I used, but I was glad when I reached level 60 so that I could lay her down for a while and start with someone else.

My question is: Can anybody help me? I love Magik, but I just can't get her to do proper damage and I can't keep her alive.

I love this update too (You're not alone :D)

I'm using these talents and powers.Her damage feels fine for me (But absolutely lower than Jean and Wanda).Soul sever-seven league-dash will prevent you from taking damage if you use these powers at right times.

Location Wolf ColaPosts: 58 Mighty
edited January 23

Before the patch, I was using Azuni's melee build and loving it. I was able to recreate it using the talents after the patch.

I used to be able to blast through every content in the game, I still can but not as quickly.
I've decently played only Carol and Magik after the patch, and I can say Magik's survivability is still much higher. The "glorified dash" still annoys me but she is still very agile and can keep her distance even with melee skills.
The only problem I've encountered so far is the spirit issue. The irony of Magik having spirit issues aside, you can easily by-pass it by using her basic melee. I'm using "Soul Cleaving" but still, only after 1,5 half minute into a non-stop battle lack of spirit binds my hands.

Don't mind the Lemuria by the way. Use Atlantis if you can.
Also the insignia is Phoenix and the medallion is Skrull Avengers(would use Shield Agent if it had a decent roll).

Thank you so much! Will try these first time I'll be playing her.

Eruption is by far her best damage skill right now with Explosive will. Soul Shockwave is utterly useless, especially for multi-tagret situation, since Explosive will does not remove it's reduced damage per target after the first affix.

Location Wolf ColaPosts: 58 Mighty

@Nootteryouknow

I've thought of using Step to Me, instead of Soul Shockwave but went with shockwave anyway. I'm more familiar with it and I thought Step to Me would be dangerous in cosmic difficulty.

@pythonXV said:
@Nootteryouknow

I've thought of using Step to Me, instead of Soul Shockwave but went with shockwave anyway. I'm more familiar with it and I thought Step to Me would be dangerous in cosmic difficulty.

I don't think Step to Me is particularly worth using right now either, and it's bugged with Stepping Disk Mastery anyway. Obviously you can still use Shockwave, but it's in a very bad place right now. Which makes me pretty sad, it was one of my favorite skills boosted.

My biggest issue last night (now that I finally got a chance to play) is my spirit. Either I used the basic, and I can barely budge the meter down, or I use rending (?, not sure that is the name now) and then I run out of spirit quickly. I can't seem to find a middle ground. I tried some different arti's to see if that will help, but ran out of time to test afterwards.

Please support my Wonder Man Build Design

Location Mystic FallsPosts: 2,370 Fantastic

Let's tag @MichaelMayhem on this. Please make shockwave great !! We miss it.

So anyone have a non-summon melee/ranged build to share?

@Nootteryouknow said:

@BeWitchery said:
So anyone have a non-summon melee/ranged build to share?

This is just a primer, it needs a bit more tuning, but it's Oh.. My stars and garters! on content so:

Cosigned; mine came out pretty similar and works great.

Thanks so much. U rock @Nootteryouknow

Howd you guys go with Cosmic Trial?
I barely passed it

edited January 25

@Anatiel said:
Howd you guys go with Cosmic Trial?
I barely passed it

Finished with 2:50 left on Hydra and then about 2:35-2:40 left on Skull. Skull was funny because there was some big burst of damage on him early that took off so much of his health that he sent both sentinels out at the same time.

She seems just as good as before for me and she was laughing while dominating in CMM.

My Magik right now is the same as I had before the patch. Powers/talents:

soul cleaving is my main power
spirit fangs my secondary
stepping disc
soul brand
command lesser demons
command fist
otherworldly nova
back from limbo

Talents are:

deadly fangs
branded mind
limbo's enforcer
restless spirits
disciple of limbo

Gear wise she isn't optimized but still TCBs it. Zero issues in cosmic patrols/terminals.

Hi, I am looking to play Magik as melee. Can you guys recommend lower end artifacts to use until I can get the better ones? I am having trouble figuring it out with the stat changes.

edited February 1

@Nootteryouknow said:

• Mantle of Limbo's Queen w/fighting bonus

Maybe I am just missing something here, but why use this for Slot 3? It doesn't seem that good to me, so I imagine I am missing something incredibly obvious. Is the 2 second reduction to Otherwordly Nova really that strong?

edited February 4

@Lumino0 said:

@Nootteryouknow said:

• Mantle of Limbo's Queen w/fighting bonus

Maybe I am just missing something here, but why use this for Slot 3? It doesn't seem that good to me, so I imagine I am missing something incredibly obvious. Is the 2 second reduction to Otherwordly Nova really that strong?

Because it was best in slot pre-patch. As I said, that was only a primer, and I've changed quite a bit since then. That said, the only thing that might replace it is Coat, of which I no longer have any, and is an incredible pain in the Trash Panda! to roll.

Anyway, current load out is:

Skills

• Soul Cleaving
  • Stepping Disk
  • Spirit Fangs N'astirh
  • Seven League Step Dark Pact
  • Soul Brand
  • Otherworldly Nova
  • Back from Limbo
  • Soul Sever

Talents

• Deadly Fangs
  • Blood in the Air
  • Stepping Disk Mastery Dark Alliance
  • Sever the Silver Thread
  • Disciple of Limbo

Artifacts

• Iron Legion Armor Sheath
  • Gem of the Kursed
  • Edge of Infinity
  • Hand of Doom
  • 4x Hela Blessings

Jewelry/Relic/Uru

• SHIELD Agent Medallion Doom Medallion
  • Mental Sling Ring
  • Atlantis
  • 800 defense uru w/Doop Inspiration

Gear

• Fragment of Twilight
  • Standard Issue X-men Uniform
  • Mantle of Limbo's Queen
  • Earth-4210 Boots
  • Mask of the Goat
  • 5x Fighting Challenge Bonus
  • 2x Armor Attack Speed upgrade
  • 3x Armor Health Upgrade

Team Up

• Active Phil Coulson

Everything else is basically same as before.

Isnt HoD kinda sup-par for Magik? of the +6 to stats we only get 2 to mainsstats. Personally i prefer Hulkbuster Physic Package over it, but then again im new with magik i might be wrong, it just seems weird pick imo^^

edited February 4

@Sjady said:
Isnt HoD kinda sup-par for Magik? of the +6 to stats we only get 2 to mainsstats. Personally i prefer Hulkbuster Physic Package over it, but then again im new with magik i might be wrong, it just seems weird pick imo^^

Basically the brutal rating and ease of roll over all on the HoD puts it ahead of HPP. Especially with infinity greatly lowering the value of the attack speed on the HPP.

Oh, and snapshotting Trash Panda! .