Categories

Does Crossbones need adjusting?

edited January 22

His huge, persistent 360 damage and constant interruptions make him by far the hardest patrol boss IMO. Melee heroes have it especially bad due to their reduced mobility and CC immunity since the update.

Plus, his frequent stuns/knockbacks are especially hard on foreign players like me because they effectively last an extra half second on us depending on our lag. :(

If he and Magneto spawn in the same spot then the patrol is in for a really Bad Time (tm).

Songbird   Songbird Hero Concept  
- updated 20/March/2017  
Crystal Hero Concept  
- updated 12/July/2017  
Cloak & Dagger Concept  
- updated 12/March/2017  
Mystique Hero Concept  
- updated 30/January/2017  
Winter Soldier Feedback
- updated 2/August/2017
Black Bolt Feedback
- updated 23/March/2017
Boss Adjustment/Power Ideas
- updated 23/March/2017
Casual PvP Arena Discussion
- updated 17/March/2015
Location Thanks Hirk!Posts: 278 Amazing

Crossbones is in all cosmic patrol, it's the boss i have knock the most time in the cosmic mode of the game but still no cosmic ctc.

Good job Gaz !

He Is a bit over tuned at the moment not sure If gaz realizes the frequency that he spams his abilities.

Yipes, he can even knock back Nova's pulsars! With an untelegraphed attack to boot!

Songbird   Songbird Hero Concept  
- updated 20/March/2017  
Crystal Hero Concept  
- updated 12/July/2017  
Cloak & Dagger Concept  
- updated 12/March/2017  
Mystique Hero Concept  
- updated 30/January/2017  
Winter Soldier Feedback
- updated 2/August/2017
Black Bolt Feedback
- updated 23/March/2017
Boss Adjustment/Power Ideas
- updated 23/March/2017
Casual PvP Arena Discussion
- updated 17/March/2015

I agree. The doombot flying minions tore up my Scarlet Witch in Red Midtown. Their damage is too high for their current rate of fire.

The tremor damage seems alright. If it's too much to handle you can leave.

The instant explosions are nasty and so is the damage on his short range attack and he has way more CC than any boss needs even without Kinetic Vortex.

Ever got sucked in by Crossbones, instantly knocked back an entire screen, through one of his mines that crit and into some trash that just finished you off before any of your powers were available?

He is a little annoying when he goes full crazy with stun and knockback .. but i don't
have really problems with him. Farmed him the last 3-4 days nearly exclusive whenever
my cosmic patrol zones were empty.
And yeah .. he can even knock back Rogue while she uses supersonic cyclone.

@Beldin2 said:
He is a little annoying when he goes full crazy with stun and knockback .. but i don't
have really problems with him. Farmed him the last 3-4 days nearly exclusive whenever
my cosmic patrol zones were empty.
And yeah .. he can even knock back Rogue while she uses supersonic cyclone.

Yes, the fact that his skills can penetrate even so-called 'invulnerable' states suggests he is a tad overtuned. It's frustrating when I begin a talented Chaos Warp (invulnerable), only to be abruptly knocked out of it prematurely.

Is this an intended mechanic @MichaelMayhem?

It's ludicrous that Crossbones' untelegraphed CC skills are more potent than the strongest attacks from the most powerful cosmic bosses, e.g. Hellfire & Brimstone's meteors, Slag's slam, Surtur's sword smash, Onslaught's laser beam and mental orbs.

Location Lake ConstancePosts: 602 Amazing

Most annoying in my opinion is his knockback, that pushes my heroes much too far away. If there's no building that stops my "flight" I have to use all three dashes to reach Crossbones again. And yes, one needs to be a very tough tank to stay in his near. Currently I play Luke Cage built on much TTL, who has no problems with the explosions, but there are many other heroes with not that much luck.

He's fine as is. They're all too easy as is anyhow.

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

@Bastion37 said:
He's fine as is. They're all too easy as is anyhow.

Difficulty is irrelevant. Whether it's Normal, Heroic or Cosmic (or Omega), he is still comparatively overtuned, despite having less HP than other patrol bosses. At the very least his attacks should not be interrupting invulnerable states; either that, or such states should be renamed or redefined, and/or other bosses need to possess these pseudo-invulnerability-shattering mechanics.

Location b a m fs p a c ePosts: 3,463 Uncanny

He seems about the same level of difficulty for me as Mole-Man: harder on ranged builds, easier on melee, generally.

Anyway, I'd be disappointed if he got nerfed unless it came with a buff for the weaker side-bosses. But I think any adjustments like this probably will (and probably should) wait for Omega difficulty.

/drums fingers impatiently

{ BAMF! }