Categories

[Guide] 2:18TTK 50K HP Lightning Lockdown Storm (4/3/17)

edited April 3

TALENT UPDATE: This has been updated on 4/3/17 Big changes will be highlighted in bold, to show the greatest changes.

**Current for Nick Fury/Infinity 1.1 Release*

With the Talent Update Storm is now viable and is extremely good. I am building Storm to utilize lightning for most of her abilities and ensuring that the Tempest buff is up 100% of the time.

Her Energy/Speed Archetype makes her gearing somewhat limited but the options she has are top notch. There is a lot of Speed options out there right now but some of the generic artifacts fill the gaps for now. Also, she is now using a new resource- Tempest. No longer do we have to worry about spirit management with Storm. Tempest fills at a rate and it decays at a rate. Once Tempest hits 100%, we get a huge buff and other abilities are able to be used.

Through testing you need around ~1425 total Tempest to keep it up 100% of the time (~1200 with Healing Winds or Acid Rain specialization). You can get it from pretty much anywhere (Insignia, Relics, Core, etc). Anything less doesn’t seem to keep it up all the time. Also, “on hit” or “less cost” doesn’t seem to benefit Storm (not sure if that is a bug) but Tempest goes up and down at the same rate. So the only way to get Tempest buff up all the time is to have a large enough pool to refresh it when the signature comes off of cooldown.

Lots of new things coming down the pipe so I will do my best to keep this guide updated.

Updated Character Outlook

MHInfo Build: http://marvelheroes.info/build/1583/

In Combat:

TTK 2:18

• Skills

TALENTS

• Row 1- Flash and Thunder For More Lightning damage)
  • Row 2- Lightning Tempest (For Crit Rating and a Lightning dot- note this is a whole screen layer)
  • Row 3- Storm Vortex (More damage and continuous pulling effect)
  • Row 4- Billion Volt Strike (Powerful Lightning cooldown skill)
  • Row 5- Fury of the Storm- (To get all other element procs)

Why these skills?

This build focuses on utilizing her signature to group everything up, toss down a bunch of layers down, continually slowing them, and utilizing Chain Lightning (for aoe)/Electrocute (single target) and the other lightning skills to do really solid DPS. With the grouping from Vortex, Chain Lightning constants bruts and the layers of Hail, Lightning Storm, Tornadoes, and the Lightning tempest do significant damage. Also with the grouping it makes soloing waves very easy especially since you are ranged. Chain Lightning also doesn’t have to be targeted, so just hold right click and it hits anything in the range automatically. Another benefit of Chain Lightning is that it takes care of all that annoying trash around you without ever leaving your focus from the boss.

Electrocute is another good option but lacks with the aoe as the arc lightning doesn't do that much damage.

Storm is also incredibly tanky for a ranged hero and an easy dash here or there and a medkit once in a great while is great for her to stay alive.

Skill Rotation

• Use Typhoon to group everything up and instantly fill your Tempest.
  • Use Crashing Hail for the dot and slow.
  • Use Lightning Storm for the vulnerability and the dot layer.
  • Use Storm Surge on cooldown
  • Use Sudden Tornadoes to add another dot layer
  • Use Billion Volt Strike on cooldown for some nice burst DPS
  • Finally use Chain Lightning as the filler

The rotation is very simple and easy and it gives you the ability to focus on the screen and staying alive instead of staring at a bar waiting for cooldowns and such. I find this build to be extremely fun and easy to play. Group members love it as well as their dps increases as Storm’s signature pulls everything in and lets them focus on one area.

Ultimate

Rank 20 Ultimate

Gear- BiS in bold, alternatives listed next

Slot 1- Fragment of Twilight, Lady Hellfire's Talon, Heavily Modified Mercenary Assault Rifle, Bands of the Skybreaker

Slot 2- Portal’s Darkhawk Armor

Slot 3- Cloak of the Sky Goddess

Slot 4- Hydra Repulsor Boots, Punk Rock Leather Go Go Boots, Batroc's Savate Boots, Nissanti Boots

Slot 5- Essence of Jinn

Legendary Item- Cosmic Control Rod, Level 70- Cosmic Control Rod

Ring- Energy Sling Ring, ICP Energy Ring

Insignia- Quicksilver (+Crit Rating/Ranged, Crit Damage), Weapon X, Phoenix

Relic- Gibborim (to get to needed Tempest level), Atlantis

Runeword- Bowazon on either Energy or Defense Uru, Power Doop

Medallion- Dr. Doom, Onslaught Medal, Pyro, Ultron,

Location BamBam TownPosts: 135 Incredible

/clap and thanks

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Location Calaveras CountyPosts: 19 Mighty

Thanks for posting this. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

So far I hate the changes to Storm, really dislike the tempest mechanic - I'm hoping your 'just get a lot more' approach gets me onboard.

However, I don't think I'm ever going to get ovver the loss of the freezing tempest toggle - one of my favorite things about Storm was blowing up random stuff while I waked or flew by.

Location East Borneo, IndonesiaPosts: 798 Amazing

just for correction that cyke t-shirt no longer gives power duration. and also i don't see magneto t-shirt on the list?
nice job btw ;)

@Bebekepo said:
just for correction that cyke t-shirt no longer gives power duration. and also i don't see magneto t-shirt on the list?
nice job btw ;)

Yep that is correct- it was changed to boss damage. The percentages stayed the same and it slipped my mind. Good catch!

Location Avengers TowerPosts: 73 Mighty

Thank you for this! Storm has always been one of my favorite X-Men, and I've been waiting for over a year to level her (due to waiting for friends). I'm finally able to level her up and I wasn't sure how to go about her talents with the new patch. I appreciate this!

Favorite Heroes: Scarlet Witch (60), Nightcrawler (60), Storm, Phoenix (60), Daredevil (60), Black Widow (60), Emma Frost (60), Magik, Psylocke, Captain Marvel (60), Rogue, Vision, Invisible Woman, Silver Surfer, X-23, Thor.

Thanks for this guide. Pretty much what I was using for talents / infinity, so now I need to farm some gear (mine is not that bad but I guess it could be better still) and need to get my tempest up also x)

Location Mystic FallsPosts: 2,372 Fantastic
edited January 24

Omg u rock. Would love to see your builds for Wanda and Jean. Then the marvel goddes destroyer trio is complete!!

edited January 26

I loved the build. I usually try them by myself and then come to look for exactly what you did, that damage comparison and so on.

I just have one question.

You said you had Lightning Tempest for the 3% crit chance and then Fury of the Storm for all 3 procs, but, shouldn't Freezing Tempest be active to get all 3 effects?

Thanks very very much for you post. I'm looking for other post of yours.

edited January 26

@Samalen said:
I loved the build. I usually try them by myself and then come to look for exactly what you did, that damage comparison and so on.

I just have one question.

You said you had Lightning Tempest for the 3% crit chance and then Fury of the Storm for all 3 procs, but, shouldn't Freezing Tempest be active to get all 3 effects?

Thanks very very much for you post. I'm looking for other post of yours.

Hey! The talent says this:

It only works if you pick Lightning Tempest to get the affects of the other too. You should notice it tomorrow when the bug fixes go in. They had to turn off Freezing Tempest because it was causing some crashes for some reason. So if you have been using it now, you actually weren't getting that affect.

Also note, you only get all the procs when your Storm is in Tempest mode. While building it it doesn't work but if you follow the rotation you should always be in Tempest mode.

You should see it tomorrow after the patch since it is fixed on TC.

edited January 26

I found out what is happening and making confusion.

Fury of the Storm text changes depending on wich of the 3 you have selected, Freezing Tempest, Lightning Tempest or Gusting Tempest. As I had Freezing, it showed Freezing as requirement for me, as you had Lightning, show Lightning for you.

In the end you can have any of the 3 active. =)

Edit:

If/when Foreboding Winds is fixed so Storm Surge actually "fills" the Tempest meter upon use, there'll be a little more build flexibility.

FuturistPosts: 521 Amazing

Really looking forward to the update for Storm because damn, she is buggy, lots of heroes are.

@Viperswhip said:
Really looking forward to the update for Storm because damn, she is buggy, lots of heroes are.

What are you talking about? she's great right now.

@Viperswhip said:

wait what? She's actually one of the best heroes right now. She has no gamebreaking bugs and with this build and correct gear you can roll through cosmic content. I'm farming cosmic danger room atm to get cyc was right t-shirt and having little to no trouble at all.

Terminals and patrols are fin too as long as you don't jump on big pack without your sig and storm surge ready.

Storm is one of the only hero I can bear to use right now with Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch and Deadpool.

edited January 27

Started farming stuff for Storm and liking this build a lot. Except for when I'm farming in a populated area with a couple more Storms and we all have full rotation going and the screen of nothing but hurricane effects starts pissing off my computer lol.

Is there really much difference between the portal dh armor and her updated unique? Seems about a wash at the moment if I can get a good roll so trying to decide if i really want to buy the pdha.

FuturistPosts: 521 Amazing

@buffydaslaya said:

@Viperswhip said:

What are you talking about? she's great right now.

I had to lol when there is sticky right at the top of this very sub forum about how Freezing Tempest was disabled when I made that post, one of her bugs.

@Keypek said:
Started farming stuff for Storm and liking this build a lot. Except for when I'm farming in a populated area with a couple more Storms and we all have full rotation going and the screen of nothing but hurricane effects starts pissing off my computer lol.

Is there really much difference between the portal dh armor and her updated unique? Seems about a wash at the moment if I can get a good roll so trying to decide if i really want to buy the pdha.

I like the Portal Armor better due to the power duration and the higher health roll.

Helo i like your build i m using a similar one but with ball Lightning, and i was curious because i like chain lighnting (sky summoning lighnting is the best :P ) and i have some questions:

• You said that CL stike your single target 3 times but from a simple test mine seems to only hit once did i miss something, did i understood something wrong?

• Book of demonicus isnt that good without a basic? for my understanding +3 to all atributes alone even without a basic i consider it very powerfull. 24% extra damage plus everything all the other atributes offer

Storm Vortex doesnt reduce signatures cd, Acid Rain and Healing Rain does, this one i just wanted to pointed cause you said above that it does.