Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers will be unavailable on 9/21 at 6 AM PDT for server maintenance. Downtime is expected to last up to 5 hours.

How do we gear a summoner Magik after the big patch?

A combination of the Energy attribute and Mental damage while also requiring summoner buffs severely limits Magik's choices.

Neither UEB works. Using the energy UEB Magik misses out on the spirit proc, using the mental version Magik can't make proper use of the Int attribute.

What are you guys going to use for your summoner Magik builds in the artifact slots?

Nutso...

edited January 20

Nutso is also physical damage.

Sharabuswhatever, ILAS, Armor Portal and Mole stick should all work for summoner Magik.

Edit: also Raptor Stone.

Pro FounderPosts: 4,646 Cosmic

After seeing Dark Alliance talent I think they pretty much intended for the summons to be there for Show more than anything because it seems they intend Magik to swing her sword for most of the damage since she can't access a lot of powers.

It's a shame that a cool looking summoner gets treated like this D:

Location Wandering in the eerie streets of Stratholme.Posts: 3,436 Cosmic

I'm also struggling with items for her melee build.

She is using too much spirit and ENER+FIGHt is not helping.

She can't use the majority of the best mental oriented items.

Who the hell gave to her this base stats??

Location somewhere running around in a Spiderman suit :)Posts: 274 Amazing
edited January 22

@RuSS000 said:
Summoner (and Magik in general) is completly unsupported by artifacts right now.
Even worse I always enjoyed Magik more as a melee with add support, but even that is not doable. For that to work we would need items that benefit Magik and scale her pet somewhat.
Used to be stacking as much Int as you could find for Crit/Critdmg, Mental Dmg & Pet Dmg in one swoop.
Now all I can think of is going either full melee or full ranged and leave the pet till new artifacts or the necessary Magik update comes along.
Even pure melee or ranged suffer from some very unattractive choices because energy artifacts only buff energy dmg.
All I can think of is Gem, Flag, Ilas and something neutral defensive...Hydes Formula or something...
I still hope Magik gets some post-patch love, doesn´t need to be a lot but a couple of tweaks need to be made for her to be fun.

ill have to disagree with you there. My summoner magik is melee and completely fine infact shes the strongest character in the game right now tbh. Shes the only character i have that can go into cosmic kurse and use one skill to kill him non ult/sig. She doesnt need any buffs/tweaks atleast to the summons build and hopefully she wont get looked at because she will get nerfed before shes buffed.

@Oblivianti said:

>

Then enlighten me please. Skills, Items?

@RuSS000 said:

@Oblivianti said:

>

are you online? Ill show you everything gear and all.

edited January 22

@Raijinmeister said:
I'm also struggling with items for her melee build.

She is using too much spirit and ENER+FIGHt is not helping.

She can't use the majority of the best mental oriented items.

Who the hell gave to her this base stats??

Nano-poison, Eibon (melee), CTC, HPP, Flag and ILAS are all +energy or +fight. Add GoK, Hyde, Taskmaster's and/or Brooch to that.

I'm using ILAS, CTC, Flag and ARMOR portal

ALL THE DEADPOOLSPosts: 1,122 Fantastic

@Oblivianti said:

@RuSS000 said:

@Oblivianti said:

>

show me too please i'm online now. need to find the best summoner for me and I thought it was going to be rocket.

Location Mystic FallsPosts: 2,370 Fantastic
edited January 29

If lit be to have a decent nano poison again. Mine for shot with the artifact rerolls.

Location "Where there be LAG!!!"Posts: 34 Mighty

@Oblivianti I would like to move my Summoner ally Dmg gear from Loki (with 790% smn ally dmg pre patch) to Magik. Show us your build as it would benefit alot of disenfranchised summoners.

@SesimieStreetFighter said:
@Oblivianti I would like to move my Summoner ally Dmg gear from Loki (with 790% smn ally dmg pre patch) to Magik. Show us your build as it would benefit alot of disenfranchised summoners.

@Dixa said:

@Oblivianti said:

@RuSS000 said:

@Oblivianti said:

>

show me too please i'm online now. need to find the best summoner for me and I thought it was going to be rocket.

im gettin on now

Location Wandering in the eerie streets of Stratholme.Posts: 3,436 Cosmic
edited January 24

Ok, I put some more points for her spirit pool and now even with my high attack speed 34.1 procs on my spirit problem is kinda solved.

This may be a problem for fresh players, I have 171 points to spare per node.

Using ILAS, Gotk, Crossbones and a Diamond.

Maybe I change the Diamond for an EoI.

I am using my same melee/ranged/summoner build from before that I set up over half a year ago and I think she more than handles her own and that is with some gear that isn't going to be optimized for her now.

She has zero issues taking care of herself in cosmic patrols and terminals and her summons are doing seemingly good damage. She feels like how she did before minus the teleporting change and the overall damage figures being lowered.

ARMOR Alternate Reality Chaos Portal, Mole Man's Staff, Luke's Lucky Chain, and S.H.I.E.L.D. Identification Badge.

I just let the summons do all the work. Can't say I have many problems.