Welcome to the new, improved Marvel Heroes forums!

Read our opening post and our Quick-Start Guide to get started!

(Click the 'X' at the top right to close this message.)

How Will Coulson Return?

True BelieverLocation YorkshirePosts: 228 Amazing

OK, most Marvel fans now know that #CoulsonLives in the new 'Agents of SHIELD' TV series, but how do you think he'll return?

I like the theory that he's actually Vision in Coulson's form. Not sure if that's likely, but I like it.

Anti-HeroLocation TXPosts: 94 Mighty

It sounds like the explanation is complicated so I'm going to agree its very likely he isn't fully human and could well be Vision. But if not and he's fully human then I think he was healed by magic (perhaps from Dr. Strange/Scarlet Witch or even Black Panther).

True BelieverLocation Fangirling on the Interwebs =^^= purr!Posts: 639 Amazing
edited July 2013

LMD was my first guess too :)
The other option is to not explain it fully. Just wave it off as "SHIELD spook stuff".

Personally I don't care how they do it. I'm just excited for the show :D

Location HerePosts: 551 Amazing

I suppose it's not possible that this series takes place before he died?

True BelieverLocation YorkshirePosts: 228 Amazing

I get the feeling that the method of his return will be a plot point that continues to be a point of mystery for the full season, with hints given every episode.

OriginalLocation Marvel HeroesPosts: 2,115 Fantastic
True BelieverLocation Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 1,303 Fantastic

I don't recall an actual funeral in The Avengers so it's possible that medical intervention saved him just in time.

Or the Coulson that died was an LMD.
Or a clone.
Or a hologram.
Or a twin.

Twin seems the most plausible to me.

Askani'sonPosts: 65 Mighty

They've said one line hill says in the pilot is "He must never know the truth of his death"

Location Somewhere out there...?Posts: 20 Mighty

he is a droid... with the mental of Coulson?

LMD Like Tony's in the movie?

IDK, but people who have seen the footage of the pilot say the explanation is quite viable, so yeah.

I think a god would be able to tell he's not human, i'd be disappointed if not so.

Anyways, we'll see this fall...

True BelieverLocation Beast's LabPosts: 3,807 Cosmic
WebheadLocation Rivendell, where elves dwellPosts: 513 Amazing

LMD, like Nick Fury in MUA2. :D

Location Thegreatpancake kingdomPosts: 90 Mighty

they confirmed Coulson wont return

Location Thegreatpancake kingdomPosts: 90 Mighty

@thegreatpancake said: they confirmed Coulson wont return

they said he wont return because they need to keep his death a secret from the avengers for the motivation to keep the avengers going

I believe the first scene at Agents of SHIELD will be Coulson entering some "hospital" to be treated. It's the easiest and logical explanation.

WallcrawlerLocation Planet EarthPosts: 54 Mighty

I like the idea of the LMD either that Loki killed the LMD or that LMD is the one in the tv show, but really I just think Fury lied cause like CronoSMagnum said the team needed a rally point.