Welcome to the new, improved Marvel Heroes forums!

Read our opening post and our Quick-Start Guide to get started!

(Click the 'X' at the top right to close this message.)

Not enough disk space???

I just downloaded the client to the test servers and it loads for a second or 2 and then it says not enough disk space.... I have 550GB of free disk space.... My drivers are all up to date and I run the normal game just fine so please advise me on what I need to do. I really wanna help shape the future of MH!

Evviva!

AssembledLocation Red RoomPosts: 92 Mighty

Same. I have 127GB free on C:\ and 720 GB free on D:\

I'm wondering if it is a permissions issue.

Location Xavier InstitutePosts: 832 Amazing
edited July 2013

I'm having the same issue and it's really aggravating.

Hopefully their response to this thread won't be along the lines of "Give us a day or two. We'll fix it." I'd really like to play some time tonight!

edited July 2013

I gave the "Everyone" account full permission over the C:\Program Files (x86)\Gazillion Entertainment\Marvel Heroes (Test Center) folder, and it is now downloading properly.

As I suspected, it is permission related. Probably that pesky TrustedInstaller Windows 7 abomination.

I have 1.6 TB available on my C drive, all updated drivers and more than enough system specs, yet it still crashes or says I'm out of video memory. It's really frustrating.

@razorwing said: I have 1.6 TB available on my C drive, all updated drivers and more than enough system specs, yet it still crashes or says I'm out of video memory. It's really frustrating.

Your's is a completely different problem. This thread problem is when you install the client, and then open the client to download the content. The client told us "Not enough disk space".

Yours is video memory, which is completely different altogether. You may consider some the ini changes posted in many threads, which may reduce the amount of data used by your graphics engine, and therefore reduce your video memory needs.

Every word I just wrote, save the part about yours being a different problem, is just speculation based on my experiences. Just trying to be helpful.

Alright well I just ran the program as admin and presto the game started downloading so that's nice! Hope y'all figure it out too! Thanks for advice sevinfooter!

Anti-HeroLocation Not standing behind you right nowPosts: 2,997 Fantastic

@sevinfooter said: I gave the "Everyone" account full permission over the C:\Program Files (x86)\Gazillion Entertainment\Marvel Heroes (Test Center) folder, and it is now downloading properly.

Yup. Running it as admin also gets around this.

Yes, it is a permission problem. Go to your shortcut (or launcher button) and right click, say run as administrator. It will normally run. Hope This Helps. -CaptainStrike

P.S. (Yea, I know I haven't made a character as you can see, but it's downloading right now XD)

Location Utopía Posts: 28 Mighty

Me too ... I have the same problem!

AssembledLocation North QueenlandsPosts: 1 New Agent

Right click and ran as administrator its now downloading.

Yeah, they're right just right click on it.

Halleluyah! I was afraid i couldn't play the game...

老天爷啊= =为什么下到百分之三十他就下不动了

im have the same problem as the people at the top of this forum the one difference with me is im running windows 8. my computer ran the beta perfectly please help!!!!!

Location Frozen northPosts: 12 Mighty

i am having the same problem. Run as administrator did not work for me

Location Frozen northPosts: 12 Mighty

Weird. i tried to run it as owner and that doesn't work either.

ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation Vancouver, BCPosts: 50 Mighty

Okay, perhaps I can help.

This is actually a Steam problem, not a problem with the game. We've seen the same issue on our studios game.

Go into your Properties for the game in the Steam app and delete all of your local content. Then you need to go to your Steam folder and find the "Downloading" sub-folder and delete any files that are inside.

Then install the game again, and you should be fine.

I have the same problem but what pisses me off realy the fact that i installed the game more than twice since it come out. So peeps???? is wrong with this stupid game????? They say its a free game but if you want to realy enjoy is you have to pay cash for you to play your favorite hero The least they could do is make the damm game installable......

GazillionLocation Sanctum SanctorumPosts: 458 Staff

@Fenegyerek If you are receiving this message and do have enough disk space, it is a permission related issue. Make sure you are logged into an Administrative Windows account. Additionally, when you start the program, right-click and use Run as administrator.

Yeah well thats how i started to Install the second time yesterday. And still no use :-(