Categories

Steam Trading Cards

GazillionPosts: 7 Staff

Bananas!

We now have Steam Trading Cards! Good Luck!

·
OriginalLocation OhioPosts: 92 Mighty

Awesome.

·
FuturistLocation CaliPosts: 541 Amazing

O.o I don't know what these are. Must investigate!

·
MutatedPosts: 813 Amazing

What does that mean? More 100G cards in the store?

·
GuardianLocation The RaccooniversePosts: 4,816 Cosmic

I'm fairly new to using Steam, so not sure what that means. I'll look into it, I guess. Heh.

·
ssz
ssz
True BelieverPosts: 150 Incredible

I just got Iron man and DeadPool cards 20 Min. ago! :D

·
Location HarryTasker GamingPosts: 12,084 Cosmic

@Shiroi said:
What does that mean? More 100G cards in the store?

It's just cosmetic on steam, you don't get anything in game. You get little trading cards on steam for buying stuff in game.

·
Location Carl's poolPosts: 218 Amazing

@Shiroi said:
What does that mean? More 100G cards in the store?

Steam cards are, well, items you get in Steam from playing the game. AFAIK, they are just for showing off in the Steam client, they have nothing to do with the game. Which is sad because there's so much to be done in the game still that has nothing to do with trading cards. I guess this was probably a quick, easy thing to knock out to make all the Steamers extra happy.

·
True BelieverLocation Surrounded by Beetles!!!Posts: 573 Amazing

@BlackFlagg said:
Kind of a bummer that you have to spend money AFTER the card set was released to get any, nothing for those of us that have already put money into the game :(

Agree. $350 in and I no cards.... is that Steam's doing or Gazillions?

·
GuardianLocation The RaccooniversePosts: 4,816 Cosmic

@BlackFlagg said:
Kind of a bummer that you have to spend money AFTER the card set was released to get any, nothing for those of us that have already put money into the game :(

Hmm. Yeah. As a Founder, I agree with that a bit. But I don't see a Rocket card yet, so I'm ok... for now.

·
Posts: 814 Amazing
edited September 2013

@Leowyld said:
Hmm. Yeah. As a Founder, I agree with that a bit. But I don't see a Rocket card yet, so I'm ok... for now.

Those cards have no useful uses in or out of the game. Its all cosmetic profile skins and emotes for steam.

Its still nice that they've given cards for people that want these badges including me

·
Askani'sonPosts: 1,075 Fantastic

@PapaSpike said:
No worries - cards are retroactive, so if you already earned one before release then you'll get a "drop" as you play. This will show up through the Steam interface (Shift+Tab while in game).

Hmm, my steam says I have no card drops earned or received, did the money have to be spent on the game through steam to get em, things like pre-orders through the main site not count?

·
Posts: 814 Amazing

@BlackFlagg said:
Hmm, my steam says I have no card drops earned or received, did the money have to be spent on the game through steam to get em, things like pre-orders through the main site not count?

It only counts the money you spent on steam for the game

·
FuturistLocation CaliPosts: 541 Amazing

@PapaSpike said:
No worries - cards are retroactive, so if you already earned one before release then you'll get a "drop" as you play. This will show up through the Steam interface (Shift+Tab while in game).

how does this work? If we have not been using the steam client and have been using the normal one does it still retro-active on money spent if not time?

if not I need to switch over to steam just so I can work my way up for giggles. Been meaning to anyway so I can keep track of hours played.

along those lines :D can we get a /played for the normal client to keep track of time played. :D I'll probably be embarrassed but it's a nice statistic to have.

·
Posts: 289 Amazing
edited September 2013

Awesome. I was wondering why this game didnt have steam cards. Look forward to collecting them!

EDIT: I think most people are confused about what steam cards are. They are special "drops" you get while playing the game on steam. Once you collect a set of cards, it gives you cosmetic things for your profile. You acquire them by time spent. Every so often, steam rolls some dice and you may or may not get cards.

·
CovertPosts: 1 New Agent

@BlackFlagg said:
Hmm, my steam says I have no card drops earned or received, did the money have to be spent on the game through steam to get em, things like pre-orders through the main site not count?
@PrinceCold said:
Its still nice that they've given cards for people that want these badges including me

Actually, steam trading cards do have a use, when you complete a set and earn a badge you get a free coupon for a game on steam. I have only completed one set but I got a 75% off coupon for a game from it. You can also sell them for real money to people on the steam marketplace, usually only around $0.10-$0.20, but that could quickly get you the cost of a new game during a steam sale.

·
Location HarryTasker GamingPosts: 12,084 Cosmic

@Ysern said:
along those lines :D can we get a /played for the normal client to keep track of time played. :D I'll probably be embarrassed but it's a nice statistic to have.

We really do need a /played stat. I was shocked there wasn't one.

·
Askani'sonPosts: 1,075 Fantastic

Well hope more options for purchase get added in steam as right now there's only Black Widow, Spider-Man and Marvel Now packs for purchase.

·
Sign In or Register to comment.