Categories

Extra Hotkey Editor 1.6.3

edited May 2016

I've put together a program to simplify adding more hotkeys to the .ini file. This basically automates the steps in this guide so if you prefer to do it manually the info is listed there.

This is a 3rd party program not supported by or affiliated with Marvel Heroes or Gazillion in any way.

Marvel Heroes Advanced Settings

Download

Source code

.NET Framework 3.5

Changelog:

1.6.3:

• Fixed Bar2 Modifier bug :(

1.6.2:

• Added Custom Camera Distance setting

1.6.1:

• Fixed crash bug
  • Updated for patch 1.11 .ini file structure
  • Added 'My Computer is a Potato' setting - greatly reduces texture resolution for low-end computers

1.6:

• Added bindings for keyboard movement.
  • Added binding for TargetLock
  • Added controller binding for bar 2 modifier.
  • Several fancy bindings added.

1.5:

• Parses .ini files at start up much faster, removes duplicate entries from .ini files, and no longer hangs with very large .ini files (for some reason Marvel Heroes occasionally duplicates all keybindings which can lead to very large .ini files. This program will now clean up those dupes automatically when you save it.).
  • Added LoDBias tweaks to 'Additional Tweaks' option - this reduces texture quality an additional step beyond what the in-game settings can do to further improve performance.
  • Now recognizes the TestCenter folder.

1.4:

• Fixed RightCtrl, LeftCtrl
  • Fixed text scaling for button mockup

1.3:

• Fixed ThumbMouseButton binding.

1.2:

• Fixed Numpad binding.

1.1:

• Checks for both folders "Marvel Heroes Game" and "Marvel Heroes" in case Marvel Heroes is using an older directory structure. If both are found, it will default to the most recent but a dropdown box will allow you to select between them.

Overview:

Game Settings

• Windowed Fullscreen: Toggles Windowed Fullscreen on/off
  • V-Sync: Toggles V-Sync on/off
  • Resolution: Enter preferred resolution
  • Resolution Detect: Sets resolution to your desktop's resolution
  • Disable Startup Movies: Skips the intro movies on start up
  • Disable Background Streaming: Texture streaming loads textures on the fly. It's not entirely clear what the background streaming setting does to the streaming since this doesn't disable streaming altogether (I imagine it forces all streaming to be normal priority instead of background priority), but some users have noted less stuttering with background streaming disabled.
  • Increase Texture Memory: This setting detects how much RAM and video ram you have and increases the memory pool for storing textures based one how much memory you have. This follows the guidelines posted here.
  • Performance Tweaks: Applies the .ini tweaks discussed here by @jandraelune.
  • Additional Tweaks: Applies all of the .ini tweaks discussed here by @jderulferoce including the LoDBias settings. You should probably only use this tweak if you are ok with lowering quality. The texture memory tweak is separated out as that is generally useful for any quality settings.
  • My Computer is a Potato: Reduces texture quality to extremely low levels, this may help with low end computers.
  • Particle Resize: Adjusts the Particle Resize which used to be an in-game video settings option. Lower = performance, high = quality.
  • Custom Camera Distance: Lets you set the max distance for the camera higher.

Extra Hotkeys

These are the preferred style of hotkeys since they don't break target lock. These keys act as an extra hotkey slot by swapping your right mouse button power out, activating it, and swapping back to your normal power, all with 1 keypress.

These are set up by right clicking your right mouse button slot to bring up the power menu, assigning your default right click power to F1, then assigning other powers to each keybinding's associated F2-F6 key.

Extra Hotkeys Assignment Modifier:

If checked you can use a modifier+hotkey for assigning the powers instead of F1-F6 to make it easier to assign a power to the correct key.

Modifier Keys

These keys bring up the 2nd or 3rd hotkey bar while held down, and switch back to Bar 1 when released. It effectively lets you use this key as a modifier for using powers on the 2nd or 3rd bar similar to most MMO setups (ie Alt-A, Alt-S, Alt-D, etc).

Bar 2 & Bar 3 Hotkeys

These work as direct hotkeys to powers stored on the 2nd and 3rd bar (useful for Ziggurat), but they do break target lock when used.

Keyboard Movement

This lets you set up WASD or Up,Down,Left,Right or other keys to use to move your hero around as though you were playing with a controller.

Controller Modifier for Bar 2

Lets you use one of the controller buttons as a modifier to Bar 2 to open up more hotkeys while using a controller as well.

Special Keys

• Target Lock: Binds a key to do the same 'Target Lock' that controllers can use. This puts a targeting reticule on an enemy, and all abilities you use will automatically target that enemy until you un-target lock it. Should make it easier to use the mouse to move around while still shooting at a boss.

• Add Vacuum To: Double binds 'Vacuum' to another key, so that when you press that key it will do its normal function as well as Vacuum. Very handy for keeping 'Box' omega talent up by double binding it to part of your regular rotation.

• Toggle : Turns a power 'on' until turned 'off' - handy for flying around.

• Zoom: Binds a key to adjust the camera's zoom level. ~58 is the default zoom level, lower is closer and higher is further out. Lower zoom levels can be nice for screenshots.

Suggestions or comments, post below.

Wow, this looks pretty great. Question: Supposing I've already manually edited my .ini for extra hotkeys, should I do anything before using this tool to avoid weirdness?

I'm going to try this out tonight. Having extra keybinds is a QoL improvement that has made every hero I've tried so far more enjoyable. Thanks for the tool and the keybind guide you also authored. I'd give you a million Awesome clicks if I could.

just downloaded this - looks easy to setup. I'm still unsure how to use these Fx powers and where to bind to which key and use them in the game. I'll eventually figure that bit out I suppose.

Thanks for putting the work into this! :D

edited July 2015

@SirFrancisBacon said:
just downloaded this - looks easy to setup. I'm still unsure how to use these Fx powers and where to bind to which key and use them in the game. I'll eventually figure that bit out I suppose.

Thanks for putting the work into this! :D

I added a bit of a walkthrough for setting those up, hopefully it helps. It's easier than it looks. :)

@zeCrazyEye said:
I added a bit of a walkthrough for setting those up, hopefully it helps. It's easier than it looks. :)

Thank you! I saw your post for the manual method of what your program does and the labeling of what does what sure helped me a bunch.

Cheers!

This looks awesome. Unfortunately the download page is down.

This is great - I have several Heroes stuck in the 50's because I couldn't map all the keys I wanted. I've got it mostly working now but my F1 key is stuck on 'R' and so is F4. However I'm using 'Q' and 'E' to great effect - TY so much for this - great QoL improvement - now I can level all my Heroes to 60.

True BelieverLocation AsgardPosts: 1,242 Fantastic

link is down fyi

PC Specs: Mastercase Pro 5/Asus Maximus VIII Gene /i7 6700k/corsair H100i GTX/Strix GTX 980 4gigOC/16gig Tridentz0 3200mhz ddr4/2 240gig crucial SSD/2Tb WD black storage drive/Corsair RM 1000/win 10 pro x64

@Tarmyn said:
This looks awesome. Unfortunately the download page is down.

@TruSkillzzRuns said:
link is down fyi

Yea apparently Sourceforge is having major hardware problems atm.

I've added a Google drive link to the .zip while Sourceforge is down.

Thank you very much!

edited July 2015

Installed it, made my settings and nothing happed... where does he save the new .ini file?

@DaNecron said:
Installed it, made my settings and nothing happed... where does he save the new .ini file?

It loads them from \Documents\My Games\Marvel Heroes Game\MarvelGame\Config and saves them to the same place.

You can't edit them while the game is running btw, game only loads them at startup.

@zeCrazyEye said:
You can't edit them while the game is running btw, game only loads them at startup.

Found the problem: I have 2 installs of MH, Steam Version and non-Steam. Looks like the Steam Version use the folder "Marvel Heroes" and the non-Steam uses "Marvel Heroes Game"

@DaNecron said:
Found the problem: I have 2 installs of MH, Steam Version and non-Steam. Looks like the Steam Version use the folder "Marvel Heroes" and the non-Steam uses "Marvel Heroes Game"

Ah I see, I actually have both types installed too but they both use the "Marvel Heroes Game" folder even though I have an old "Marvel Heroes" folder as well. So I assumed they were consolidated to both use the "Marvel Heroes Game" folder.

I'll have to see if I can figure out a way to decide which folder is the appropriate one.

That would be great as the program doesn't work on my computer (German environment).

@DaNecron said:

Ok I uploaded a new version that will have a drop down box if it finds multiple config folders. It chooses the most recent one by default but this way you can select the other one if needed.

@Tarmyn said:
That would be great as the program doesn't work on my computer (German environment).

My guess is the directory names are a little different than expected. It's coded to use "\Documents\My Games\Marvel Heroes Game\MarvelGame" (the bold part is hard coded)

I'll dig through the localization files and see if I can figure out if that's the case and what the localized directories are called.