Welcome to the new, improved Marvel Heroes forums!

Read our opening post and our Quick-Start Guide to get started!

(Click the 'X' at the top right to close this message.)

Lag in this game, a serious question

I feel I need to mention lag issues because I'm in complete shock and awe about it. Is EVERYONE lagging in MM?

The reason I am asking is that I am running a very high end PC (I think). The current specs are i7 3930k, asus rampage 4 extreme mobo, 64 GB ram, intel 240 gb SSD as main drive and a 7970 gfx card. I have a fiber optic connection and still get lagged to heck in MM.

I haven't lagged in any other game I can think of and run other games at max settings, but this one I get lag and it doesn't "seem" overly graphically intensive. What gives? Is this normal? Are people playing on laptops even able to move, or is this a problem not with the users hardware but the game itself or the server?

Really looking for some insight to this, thanks!

AssembledPosts: 51 Mighty

Everyone, that I've ever interacted with, has major lag issues in MM. @Doomsaw has posted that their team is looking at ways to improve performance. Hopefully they will be able to reduce the extreme stuttering and lag that everyone seems to get in MM, but I doubt it will be any time soon.

Location Every ending is a beginning in disguise.Posts: 136 Incredible

Games pretty laggy overall, especially in high density areas with lots of heroes and enemies. Im pretty sure they are aware of this and working on it. They even listed that they were aware of this as part of a change to one of Black Widows abilities as her micro drones would lag you super bad since she would toss hundreds of them out onto the screen.

Location Between a rock...Posts: 696 Amazing

It's the game itself, especially in MM. Pretty wide-spread issue, honestly. They're working on it, it's only a matter of time. :)

Location The Danger RoomPosts: 239 Amazing
edited August 2013

I have had very little lag issues if any at all in MM.

Also, my specs are not even a 1/4 of the OPs machine specs.

AssembledLocation Some place nice! :)Posts: 935 Amazing

How about actually reply to one of these after moving it to the support section... for once? :-<

edited August 2013

The only time I haven't lagged in MM is when they nerfed the mob density down to reasonable levels, but then they listened to the vocal minority that wanted the density cranked back up and reverted the change instead of just buffing mob XP and maybe loot drops.

ArmoredLocation Any amount of cheese before a date is too much cheese. -DennisPosts: 623 Amazing

@DeadElmo said: I have had very little lag issues if any at all in MM.

Also, my specs are not even a 1/4 of the OPs machine specs.

That is crazy!

@PrimalInstinct said: I feel I need to mention lag issues because I'm in complete shock and awe about it. Is EVERYONE lagging in MM?

The reason I am asking is that I am running a very high end PC (I think). The current specs are i7 3930k, asus rampage 4 extreme mobo, 64 GB ram, intel 240 gb SSD as main drive and a 7970 gfx card. I have a fiber optic connection and still get lagged to heck in MM.

I haven't lagged in any other game I can think of and run other games at max settings, but this one I get lag and it doesn't "seem" overly graphically intensive. What gives? Is this normal? Are people playing on laptops even able to move, or is this a problem not with the users hardware but the game itself or the server?

I have roughly same power specs as you and I am lagging so hard it sucks. Why do the lower end PC work fine but power systems seem to lag?

@Classypudding said: How about actually reply to one of these after moving it to the support section... for once? :-<

Sorry, I posted in the general section, because it was just a general inquiry. It's just that while my character is randomly moving to unwanted spots during lag sessions, others seem to be targeting and attacking mobs without issue, and I was curious as to what's up with that.

I realize people had lag, but didn't expect it to be the norm on high end machines as well... as then it must be even worse for those with different setups.

Thanks for the replies though, I'll stop swearing at my computer now. :)

ArmoredLocation Any amount of cheese before a date is too much cheese. -DennisPosts: 623 Amazing

@PrimalInstinct we can go buy a eMachine at walmart and this game will run on super high settings with zero lag.

True BelieverLocation Beta Phase VPosts: 304 Amazing
edited August 2013

@PrimalInstinct said: I feel I need to mention lag issues because I'm in complete shock and awe about it. Is EVERYONE lagging in MM?

try this 2 links it helped many player it might help u too https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/10963/i-may-have-found-a-way-to-reduce-a-bit-of-stuttering/p1

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/2453/working-list-of-ini-config-tweaks-to-improve-performance/p1

@Classypudding said: How about actually reply to one of these after moving it to the support section... for once? :-<

With all due respect, wat do you expect them to answer now as they have replied about it even b4 rockjaw left? The issue is known since forever and they have been trying to improve the performance with almost every patch & they still are.

@betaSavvy, thanks a LOT! I'll try some of this out once the game is running again.

Location Mount Laurel, NJ USAPosts: 89 Mighty

Try turning the Max Defeated Enemies slider in the graphics options all the way down to the left. Having no dead body ragdoll effects fixed ALL my lag issues. Also turned shadows to low.

I've been telling people that the problem is Manhattan itself. Too much spawns/effects/items and orbs messes with fps/lag/dc. Pre 1.13 everything was good. I've never even seen any mods/dev care about this issue.

@Zygrim said: I've been telling people that the problem is Manhattan itself. Too much spawns/effects/items and orbs messes with fps/lag/dc. Pre 1.13 everything was good. I've never even seen any mods/dev care about this issue.

No the area isn't the problem. Was in closed and it worked just fine. A friend wanted to play ti together so I DLed it again now I get 8-14 fps on the raft.

8GiGs of ram Geforce 560 Ti i5 3450

@Zygrim I had lag in Limbo as well.

As for BW, I don't think Widows little drones did much if anything to add to the lag (in my case).

It's something that needs to really be looked into though, because if I'm getting the huge lag that I am, I really don't know how other people with lower specs are playing at all. Honestly if I fraps'd it, you'd think I tried installing the game on a 486.

There are many other games out there in which many people are on the screen at once, with huge battles even, and there's no lag. I like this game allot, but the lag is very frustrating.

PS: I will try the optimization of settings as mentioned by @betaSavvy, however I had to re-download the entire game due to some file corruption error in the patch d/l.