Categories

Thursday Surfer Update

GazillionLocation Any room I'm in should be considered the Danger Room.Posts: 7,184 Staff
edited June 2014

Update to Surfer Schedule:

We just got our feedback from Marvel on the final VFX tweaks to Surfer (always the last stage in the process).

We have about some minor visual tweaks to make to bring six of his powers to "classic" Surfer style (instead of modern) and will be resubmitting those changes today.

Note that his voice treatment is also in the next build (the earlier videos of him still had the untreated voice and a few placeholder icons for powers).

We are very hopeful about getting final approval by tomorrow night so we can turn him in on public test center, but I'll let you know for sure.

Thanks guys - I'm sure you will find Norrin will be worth the wait and you will probably find him to be one of the coolest 400 splinter heroes we've ever published.

·
Yin
Yin
CovertLocation Sanctum Sanctorum Posts: 3,787 Cosmic

Thanks Gaz

·

Can't wait.

·
Location apex gamingPosts: 336 Amazing

@Doomsaw said:

We have about some minor visual tweaks to make to bring six of his powers to "classic" Surfer style (instead of modern) and will be resubmitting those changes today.

i´m thinking of more yellow less blue maybe? ^^

·
True BelieverPosts: 666 Amazing
edited June 2014

Thanks for the update...and really happy to hear about the voice treatment...He definitely needs to sound more "cosmic"...

Any news on possibly changing some of the lines he uses? Seems like a lot of his voice lines are a bit out of character for him...and the "To me my board" seems to be missing...Even though he's basically always riding, that's one of his most iconic lines.

Some other line suggestions:

Threats! Threats! Must all men threaten? Is it anti-human to appeal to reason?

Humans! Fortunately, their incomprehensible behavior no longer startles me!

They long for peace, yet gird for war! They search for love, yet harbor hate! If man is sane... then the universe is steeped in madness!

The Silver Surfer will fight with his friends!

·

@Doomsaw said:
...We have about some minor visual tweaks to make to bring six of his powers to "classic" Surfer style (instead of modern) and will be resubmitting those changes today.

Does this change affect any of the screenshots released?

·
Location WastelandPosts: 1,549 Fantastic

Very excited and looking forward to obtaining him in game.

@Doomsaw Could you guys increase his durability stat, it should be higher IMO, that fits the canon perfectly and i don't think that increasing it to, lets say six, would make the character imbalanced in any way?

·
Location Paragon City, Rhode IslandPosts: 1,224 Fantastic
edited June 2014

@Doomsaw I know this is a weird request, but is there anyway to possibly get a toggle for Surfer that can turn the Voice Treatment on and off? Haven't heard the changes yet (obviously) but I actually did like the non-modulated James Arnold Taylor VA work from what I've heard so far.

If not that's cool too, still very much anxious to test Surfer :D

Thanks for the update!

EDIT: OR You could do non-modulation on Silver Savage as he isn't supposed to be cosmicly powered due to the events of Planet Hulk! I'd be happy with that too!

·

@Doomsaw said:

Well those effect were awesome as they were ! I just hope it will still feel cosmic :/

·
True BelieverLocation Earth 616Posts: 537 Amazing

YEAHHHHHHHHH

·
AceLocation X-mansion Posts: 1,721 Fantastic

:x nice!

·
MutatedLocation Restaurant at the end of the universePosts: 3,103 Cosmic

MOAR Kirby Krackle!!!!!!

Neat update... Needs more pixels

·