Last Chance! The Halloween Half-Off Costume Sale ends tomorrow Friday October 31st.
Juggernaut and Wave 4 Villain Preorder Packs are now available!

Categories

Alt Guide - Rewards per Chapter; Patch 2.1

Anti-HeroLocation In the marvel heroes bathroom... Posts: 280 Amazing
edited October 19

This post is to essentially give you the list of rewards. Taking you through all the chapters.

The #'s are the starting of certain quest lines. For some quests you may enter them mid quest-line and still receive the reward.

/RNG/ = Random drop or find

Italicized = Quest Reward

Prologue

Unfortunately you must complete this part on every hero.

NO REWARD

Prologue -- The Raft

NO REWARD

Chapter 1

1. + 25 PERMANENT HEALTH Enter the Blood Rose -> Defeat Doctor Octopus -> Speak with Cloak

Chapter 2

1. CREDITS Speak with Ben Urich -> Speak with Agent Schector (Jersey Docks) -> Defeat Q36

2. + 1 POWER POINT Defeat Hood ->Speak with Maria Hill

3. ORBS Speak with Jessica Jones -> Speak with Maria Hill

4. RARITY DROP BOOST 2 HOURS /RNG/ Old Videotape (drop off random mob) -> Speak with Brian Walsh (Jersey Docks) -> Defeat Taskmaster -> Speak with Brian Walsh (Jersey Docks)

Chapter 3

1. VENDOR SUMMON Go to Madripoor -> Speak with Agent Leslie Small-> Enter Hydra Outpost (Buccaneer Beach) -> Speak with Agent Leslie Small

2. YUKIO'S CHARM ARTIFACT Speak with Yukio (Lowtown) -> Find Muramasa blade pieces -> Speak with Yukio (Lowtown)

3. + 5 PERMANENT SPIRIT Enter Bamboo Forest -> Go to Poison Glade instance entrance -> Destroy Snake Boss and Snake Statue and kill the boss

4. SHIELD MOTION TRACKER ARTIFACT Speak with Agent Wood (Barbershop entrance in Lowtown)

5. CRAFTER SUMMON Speak with Agent Olsen (Barbershop entrance in Lowtown)

6. ORBS Go into Hand Tower instance -> Defeat Eelctra -> Speak with Ben Urich

Chapter 4

1. RETCON DEVICE Defeat Bullseye (instance in Police Station)

2. + 1 POWER POINT Go to Fisk Tower Instance -> Defeat Bullseye, Elektra, & Kingpin -> Get the Tablet of Life and Time -> Speak with Maria Hill

Chapter 5

1. + 50 PERMANENT HEALTH Find the Old Trainyard instance in the Underground -> Defeat Jugernaut -> Speak with Professor X

Chapter 6

1. + 5 PERMANENT SPIRIT Go to through the Outer Compound to the Inner Compound --> Find Command Bunker Instance Entrance -> Defeat Pyro -> Defeat Magneto -> Speak with William Stryker -> Return to X-mansion -> Speak with Professor X

Chapter7

1. KAZAR'S PENDANT ARTIFACT Find Sauron's Cave Entrance (Dinasaur Jungle area) -> Defeat Sauron -> Speak with Kazar

2. + 50 PERMANENT HEALTH Go to Evolution Facility in Mutate Marsh -> Defeat Miniboss & Destroy computer

3. MAHT'S ARROWHEAD ARTIFACT Speak with Maht the Bug Hunter (Fall Tribe area) -> In Sauron's Cave destroy little bug and big bug -> Go to Thunder River and destroy flying bug -> go to Mutate Marsh and enter Evolution Facility -> destroy Apollo Bug -> Speak with Maht again

4. + 1 POWER POINT Enter Science Station (Thunder River) -> Pick up brood biomass -> go to lab then place antidote into ventilation system

5. EXPERIENCE BOOST 2 HOUR POTION Find Sinister's Lab in Mutate Marsh -> Defeat Sinister

Chapter 8

1. + 5 PERMANENT SPIRIT Speak with Fury -> Go to Hydra Outpost -> Speak with Agent Meijess -> Destroy Hulkbusters & Defeat Madame Hydra -> Enter Second part of instance -> Defeat Mandarin

Chapter 9

1. + 1 POWER POINT Speak with Maria Hill -> Go to Norway -> Go to Ancient Ruins in northern Norway -> Speak with Heimdall

2. + 5 PERMANENT SPIRIT Speak to Fandral -> Travel to Lower Asguard -> Defeat Malekieth -> Travel to Canals of Asguard -> Defeat Malekieth again -> Travel back to Odins Palace -> Speak to Volstagg -> Defeat Loki (Twice, Normal and then Superpowered)

3. Asguardian Siege Case- first time through the story Speak to Einherjar (Lower Asguard) -> Collect Spirits of Ivaldi (Lower Asguard) and Spirits of Yamir (Norway) -> Return to Asguard Crafter

Thats It -- if you are looking to only do the quests that give you +Power Points +Health and +Spirit you're all set. Hopefully this makes it easier to skip the quests that don't give your alts any benefit such as Orbs or +credits. Each time through the story you recieve - 125 Health, 4 Power Points, 20 Spirit, 3 Potions (1 Rarity, 1 retcon, 1 experience), 1 vendor summon, 1 crafter summon, 1 clickable inventory, and 4 Artifacts.

CAN REPEAT STORY MODE FOR ALL BOOSTS IN HEROIC AND SUPERHEROIC MODES!

Thanks!

True BelieverLocation Marooned castaway of SerenityPosts: 613 Amazing

Awesome, thanks been looking for something like this.

CovertPosts: 549 Amazing

Just wanted to say Sauron's Cave is in Dinosaur Jungle not infested. Spent 30 minutes trying to find in Infested.

@dardack said: Just wanted to say Sauron's Cave is in Dinosaur Jungle not infested. Spent 30 minutes trying to find in Infested.

Will fix. Ty

AssembledLocation San Francisco Bay AreaPosts: 344 Amazing

Just wanted to thank you for making this list. It's so helpful!

Location The land of OzPosts: 14 Mighty
edited August 2013

Thanks for this mate, its a big help.

Just what the doctor order. This is great. Big thanks for the info rnadratowski

Cutting EdgePosts: 333 Amazing

@EmerytPL said: in Chapter 4, near the Corruption in Blue mission' roof entrance, there are now doors to the prison cells.

Anyone managed to successfully finish this mission?

Sure, just defend the gate on the botom level, northeast side. You get Shocker again and some yellow enemies. No reward other than experience orbs.

I will be playing through as EMMA FROST when she comes out looking for new missions and such to update this. Including new spider dungeon and police station prison dungeon and any other new things added.

CovertLocation HellPosts: 576 Amazing

@rnadratowski

Just got my friend to start playing. Prologue no longer drops fortune card/hero, now you get 100 Splinters.

Kind of obnoxious (Because that's not even half as much as you need to buy a hero.)

True BelieverLocation WakandaPosts: 926 Amazing

@Swerto said: rnadratowski

Just got my friend to start playing. Prologue no longer drops fortune card/hero, now you get 100 Splinters.

Kind of obnoxious (Because that's not even half as much as you need to buy a hero.)

The idea now is that you will get the other half of that hero from completing Chapter 8 (Doom).

edited August 2013

@Nyghtmare When before you used to get two heroes.

I chose Storm for my free, got Daredevbil from tutorial, and Scarlet Witch from doom.

I've never seen a hero or costume drop, or a 10 splinter drop post hero drop removal. Seen about 6 fortune cards and cosmic items each, though.

@Swerto said: Nyghtmare When before you used to get two heroes.

I chose Storm for my free, got Daredevbil from tutorial, and Scarlet Witch from doom.

I've never seen a hero or costume drop, or a 10 splinter drop post hero drop removal. Seen about 6 fortune cards and cosmic items each, though.

I realize that we only get 2 heroes now instead of 3 for our first time through the story.

I have had hero token drops, as well as a handful of costumes... not as many as a lot of people, but being an Ultimate Pack owner it was not as much of a deal to me as to those who did not purchase the UP.

Now, with the splinters (I haven't gotten a 10-pack either, for the record), it is a bit easier in the long run to obtain heroes --- they do drop a lot faster than the tokens, for sure, and just playing normally in whatever style you want to will net you a new hero in the long run. :)

Steam says I've put over 200 hours into this game, considering I've got 5 people over 30 now, I believe it. Just thought I'd see something drop by now.

Oh and for the record, I've seen three costumes from the 12 or so fortune cards I've gotten, so I'm not without luck.

I'm sure that I have put in way more than 200 hours (I am not on Steam), and I am far from a hardcore player... I have a job, wife, and other RL stuff but still manage to get in an hour or two most weeknights and maybe 5 or 6 on weekends.

Most of my costumes have come from fortune cards as well... maybe like 75% or 80% of them.

This isn't the only game I play. I also play League of Legends, Planetside 2, and some other games here and there pretty heavily.

200 hours is a lot more than you think, even if you put 2 hours in a day, that takes almost a month.

I think it still makes us more "casual" than "hardcore".

At the moment, MH is the only game that I am playing. I have played some other games along the way (other superhero ones like CoH/CoV and Champions Online and DC Universe Online as well as some fantasy ones like TERA and even WoW back in the day). I tend to devote most of my gaming time to a single game at a time and do not abandon it easily no matter how many other shinies are out there. :)

Do I have to reset the story for a new character to get these quests for the permanent rewards like the power points, or can i be selective since I've already gone through it once?

@beerhaze said: Do I have to reset the story for a new character to get these quests for the permanent rewards like the power points, or can i be selective since I've already gone through it once?

You have to reset the story BUT then you can follow this map to get all the HP/Spirit permanents and skip all the other bull. That's why I made it :)

Location UKPosts: 386 Amazing

Good stuff, its nice knowing where I can go for artifacts.

This will definitely become handy for new players.

Great job, good sir!