The Marvel Heroes 2015 servers are now open with an update to fix our client crash issue and a handful of other bug fixes!

Categories

Reset ALL skill points

First let me say that aside from a few minor things, I have been incredibly impressed with how Gaz has dealt with the game and the community. The amount of work they have already done for the game is incredible, and the constant communication with the community is mind blowing. So thank you for all the hard work Gaz!

That being said, it's a little insulting that they chose to not reset skill points for all characters. Scarlet Witch gets a skill reset, but not Cable of Colossus, who both had more changes than her. The number of power changes aside, as I realize only half or so of all characters had large changes, the change to the DOT system drastically changes how almost all characters might want their powers set up, especially in group play.

They reset all points before when far fewer changes were made. And on this forum just after the patch notes were released, it was stated on these forums when someone asked that all skill points would get reset.

Please tell me this was just a mistake Gaz. Please tell me this wasn't a lame way to get people to buy more retcon devices.

the word insulting is a bit harsh isn't?

Yeah, probably should have chosen a better word than insulting. All said and done, I still love Gaz and will continue to play this awesome game. Just thought this was a little strange. Like I said, just hoping it was a mistake.

Location A small Keep in the Carpathian Mountains of RomaniaPosts: 2,026 Fantastic

I am so banana about this it's not even banana funny. I bust my banana finding out what works and what doesn't and they banana banana you right in the banana by changing how your powers work and they don't even have the banana banana to give you a free banana retcon!

Banana you Gaz! Banana you right in the banana!

(No curses were harmed in the creating of this post.)

AssembledLocation AsgardPosts: 97 Mighty

Yeah, it is a little odd they chose not to reset for everyone or at least granted everyone a free respec token. For instance, changing a few of Ms Marvel's ranged powers into basic attacks is pretty significant and I think quite a few people might want to rebuild.

Askani'sonPosts: 610 Amazing

@JohnAzerty said: That's a lot of bananas

I enjoyed changing the words to what they should be in my head.

Odd I really expected everyone to be reset this patch.

Might be forced to use a few of my retcons, ohh well I have 22 of em.

I agree. If skill trees are changed in a patch, all skill points should be reset.

HotheadLocation 新世界Posts: 1,622 Fantastic

@MrCircuit said: Yeah, it is a little odd they chose not to reset for everyone or at least granted everyone a free respec token. For instance, changing a few of Ms Marvel's ranged powers into basic attacks is pretty significant and I think quite a few people might want to rebuild.

Wasnt ms marvel.reseted for.everyone? Mine was.

Location beyond the Black HolePosts: 1,933 Fantastic

i am also a bit baffled that Iron Man didn't get reset

• DOT fix for CR is kind of a big one for some
  • Shields are now depleting properly when damaged (i wouldn't mind setting some points in that shield reload skill now...?)

and that wasn't even mentioned in the patchnotes.

the Shield fix is kind of big though...

Thanks for the response Doomsaw! I knew it was a mistake. Thanks for once again reminding me why I love you guys.

WakandanLocation A parallel dimensionPosts: 191 Incredible

While we're on the subject of resetting all the points, would it be possible to change the point system so that brand new characters already have their lvl 1 points allocated (to be easier for new players) but any retcon will refund those points? Those level 1 skills are not always stellar and don't fit into every build. It would be nice if more experienced players were allowed to make their own decisions.

While I do get what you're saying, and half of me wants to agree, you get those skills at level 1, so technically they are free skill points.

@Gaz .. Exceptional job on the hero update for Hulk ... you guys did an astounding job. Not sure if anyone enjoys the big green fella but he's well worth the money I bought him for. My best recommendation folks is to buy him ASAP. The reset worked on him like a charm and his new passive skills are phenomenal.

I agree about Hulk Gmoney, he's incredibly fun to play, and I haven't even had to chance to play him yet since the update. I did notice his powers were reset, but unfortunately he was the only one out of the handful of characters me and my wife play. But like the man says, everyone get out there and buy Hulk!

True BelieverPosts: 6 New Agent

@Doomsaw said: Super sorry. The policy is to ALWAYS give a free retcon every time a hero is touched, but it didn't work correctly for this massive patch. It won't happen again.

Good policy to have as most expect it. Thanks for clarifying! :)