Categories

Stash tabs - How many I need?

I recently started game. By level 44 my stash is already full with just relics, runes, uniques and pots of gold.

It is clear that with single tab playing game is impossible. I wonder how many I am simply forced to buy to be able to play and progress in game?

People with dozen or more 60+ characters what you consider to be minimum amount of tabs needed?

Also what would be good stash composition? I am thinking of buying 2100 G to total of 2350 G. In which kind of tabs I should use that?

Location Closer than you think but further than you'd hopePosts: 1,795 Fantastic

It depends on how much of a hoarder you are. I'm currently able to survive quite well with only two general stash tabs and one crafting tab.

Just so you are aware the crafting tabs can hold crafting materials, runes and costume cores. This makes them quite nice when you consider they are only 350g compared to the 500g of general stash tabs.

GuardianLocation St LouisPosts: 2,444 Fantastic

I think that owning all tabs are a must (strictly my personal opinion). But I also believe that there are players who have all heroes to 60 without purchasing any tabs.. It is totally up to you on how many you feel you need. I own all tabs and on a regular basis find myself having to sell/donate a couple tabs just to free up room...

For a while I was getting all the new heroes for free every month via splinters, so I would just drop $20 a month and buy tabs with it. Now I bought the AP, so not only do I have Gs to spend monthly, but also have splinters that I am saving for a rainy day (or that unannounced hero they slip through the cracks at the last minute).

Since you are just starting I would suggest buying 1-2 crafting tabs (they are cheaper) and buy a bunch of general stash tabs. Just buy what you can afford for now (say $20 worth of gs to get what you need) and come back when you have money again and do the same. Eventually you will have all of them!

Location OhioPosts: 285 Amazing

I managed fine with one tab until I got my fifth hero. I have 8 heroes at this point and I'm contemplating getting a third. I've yet to have a drop that I haven't seen a second or third time, so I vendor a lot.

Askani'sonLocation Philadelphia, PAPosts: 1,213 Fantastic
edited March 17

I have a one general and one hero stash. I have plenty of empty space. Once you realize you don't need everything that drops life is easy.

It also may be my leveling process. I make sure to get a hero to 60 before buying another. This way if I find a great drop most of my heroes are eligible for equipping it.

tl;dr: You can get by on just one tab fine.

Now if you collect costumes, it's a different story...

Location BROOKLYN N.Y.CPosts: 453 Amazing

8 tabs in total 2 i keep empty & 4 crafting tabs

edited March 17

you need at least 1 crafting tab minimum if you want to collect runes. they are rare enough you will want to keep them when you find them in most cases.

you don't really need to keep crafting materials like the ionic particles or whatever. they drop like candy and you can quickly farm up whatever you want when you need it.

i would want to keep the uniques though because my luck is horrid and it could be months before i see that unique again, so yeah.

artifacts can mostly be trashed except the ones you will obviously use, like the teleport ziggurat, soldier serum, and similar items. the majority of artifacts you will never actually equip, even if you think its kind of neat.

so if you were very frugal with your space you could probably get away with buying a single crafting tab for runes.

if you want to be comfortable and have various rare items on hand you could get a couple general stash tabs and be set for that as well.

the people who claim you need all the stash tabs are hoarders and have piles of items they will never use. they hope they might trade them off one day or some new feature may be added to make them useful, like people putting all their hopes on stark-tech for instance.

sure, if these scenarios come up they might have some slight initial advantage, but in a couple months it wont even matter anymore, and they paid handsomely for that short amount of time being able to say "look at me, im so much further than you"

I currently have 3 general tabs, 2 crafting (one for elements, one for runes--I don't see the point in any more) and a character specific. Seems to work well, although I do need to be picky on some things.

True BelieverPosts: 140 Incredible

This is the correct answer.

edited March 17

Amount of tabs you need: 1. Technically you aren't required to keep anything, but the one they give you is great to start off with.

Amount of tabs you feel you need: More than seems affordable! At first it feels like the sky is raining things suitable for the bank, but after a time playing you learn what artifacts you like, which you don't think you'll ever use, and what stats on a given item are high or low rolls. I like to keep samples of artifacts, rings, and insignia for 'just in case' but each time I go through my stuff I cull out things and realize I just saved a ton of space without having to buy another tab.

Amount of tabs that seems reasonable: As many above have suggested, you can easily get by just holding onto the best stuff with 1-2 additional tabs plus a couple of crafting ones. Really, though, this question is a personal choice and can only be answered by your own experience.

CovertPosts: 68 Mighty

I've gotten by quite well with 1 extra general tab and 1 crafting tab. Oh, and one character stash to hold rings, insignias, and "any hero" uniques.

GuardianLocation St LouisPosts: 2,444 Fantastic

@MrrFritz said:
the people who claim you need all the stash tabs are hoarders and have piles of items they will never use. they hope they might trade them off one day or some new feature may be added to make them useful, like people putting all their hopes on stark-tech for instance.

I do not really consider myself a hoarder, but I do like to keep items that I dont have. Out of my crafting tabs, I have 1 tab for crafting materials, and 3-4 (however many are left) for cores. My general Stash tabs have: 1 for pots/bars/random stuff.. 1 for medallions.. 4-5 for artifacts (I keep 2 of each and if it is a good artifact up to 4... 1 tab for urus... 1 tab for runes... 1 tab for rings.. 1 for relics... 1 for random uniques (any hero).. And I try to keep 1-2 tabs empty for nights when I am farming in groups and trying to clean bags ASAP...

I dont ever plan to "profit" by trading and to this day I have only traded with real life friends or guildies in game. Outside of that I am self found.. I am not saying I dont hoard stuff that I might never use, but I like to have the option to use it if I ever need to.. Granted, I have a lot of artifacts that are currently horrible (2 of each!).. But they are fixing stuff like this and what is horrible today might be BIS tomorrow. And when that time comes the Wicked Wand of Watoomb (just using a crappy artifact as an example) might be BIS and be just as rare a drop as the Pyms Shrinking Serum currently is...

And yes, my hero tabs are full of dupe uniques and cosmics just waiting on Starktech items..

It all depends on what type of player you are and what you can afford and what you want to do with your money. Like I originally stated, I have all tabs and feel it is a must, for my own reasons.. But like many others have stated on here.. You can totally get by with 1-2 tabs.. Will it be as fun having to delete all of this good gear that you could someday use on your next hero? Of course it wont.. That is why they exist.. But you can do it..

WakandanPosts: 1,661 Fantastic

I have 8 Gen Stashes, 4 Crafting, All hero Stashes except NC and MK and im, No about stash is enough...since im full

Start with 4 general 2 crafting

Sentinel of LibertyLocation Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. Class of '89Posts: 511 Amazing

I suggest buying the hero specific tabs. They're cheaper and it frees up space in the general tabs.

MutatedLocation BostonPosts: 5,862 Cosmic

The 50 new slots they are giving us will be a HUGE BOON for everyone.

As stated already: It depends on several things:
Do you play only one character or all you can get ?
Are you a hoarder or an instantuser ?

I am a hoarder but only for what I am playing now.
But I NEEDED to get a second stash, else I would not be able to save craftingstuff and relics. Just those two + a bit save-for-later stuff like some rewards, retcons, etc. fill up one space very good.

But with two you should be fine if you tend to play for a longer period, except when you are going to play more then one char, then you might want to get 3-4 to stash away some Cosmics for other chars.

Thanks for all the answers.

I bought one regular and one crafting tab. I did buy 2100 G so I have 1550 saved for future.

Hint for non american customers. If you buy from website you can get G for dollar prices. If you buy from Steam you have to pay extra.

edited March 17

@BlueAu said:
Hint for non american customers. If you buy from website you can get G for dollar prices. If you buy from Steam you have to pay extra.

This is wrong!
500 is cheaper then 1000g in Dollar ;P yes, it is only one cent but 100 buys are still a dollar.
In Euro the prices are fairly and better managed.

True BelieverLocation Between two fernsPosts: 3,105 Uncanny

I have all the tabs and it's no where close to enough. I'm forced to clean house at least once a week even though I vendor 95% of my loot.

MutatedLocation BostonPosts: 5,862 Cosmic

@Glove said:
I have all the tabs and it's no where close to enough. I'm forced to clean house at least once a week even though I vendor 95% of my loot.

I don't know about you, but most of my tabs are filled with crap artifacts that i just can't bring myself to get rid of. If it were not for that i would have 5 empty tabs.

True BelieverLocation Between two fernsPosts: 3,105 Uncanny

@Tzeentch said:
I don't know about you, but most of my tabs are filled with crap artifacts that i just can't bring myself to get rid of. If it were not for that i would have 5 empty tabs.

True... but I'm pretty heavy into trading and I can't tell you how many times someone has posted that they're looking for some obscure artifact with a great roll and I've been able to help them get the artifact they want. If it weren't for trading I could get by just fine with half as many tabs.